pancreatitis - what can I expect?

Old March 13th 10, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
YvonneD

Default pancreatitis - what can I expect?

On Mar 11, 11:46*am, Rene wrote:
Any updates?

Other than a one hour relapse, he's been doing great. The Medacam
kicked in about 12 hours after I gave it to him and he's seemed fine
ever since. I had been giving him two new things in the past months
(tartar control liquid in his water and Greenies treats). I cut them
out so that he is only getting the food he's been eating for the last
6 years. I'm giving him filtered water and for a treat I got some
organic, low fiber, low ash canned food. I give him two tspns a day
as a treat. He's a big guy and doesn't need any extra calories.

The vet is going to give me pain meds to keep on hand in when/if it
happens again. She said to continue the Pepcid for 2 weeks and then
stop. I'm hoping for the best, but I understand that pancreatitis
tends to come back. I'm just happy he feels good now. One day at a
time.....