Broken Signature OT

Old June 13th 04, 08:34 PM
Bev

Default Broken Signature OT

Someone from another ng. has told me I have a broken signature i.e. :-

"BTW, please put a space after the two dashes in your signature line -
it's
"broken"."

I know there are a lot of clued up people in our group so thought I
would ask exactly what is the correct procedure for posting your
signatgure - to be honest, I have never thought much about the actual
position of it. Do I put 'Bev' after the dashes with no space between
the signature? I'll sign off in my normal way and wait for corrections
BTW I think the person correcting me is being a bit pedantic,
guess it is a bit like the bottom or top posting argument!

Bev

--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
Old June 13th 04, 09:02 PM
Takayuki

Bev wrote:

Someone from another ng. has told me I have a broken signature i.e. :-

"BTW, please put a space after the two dashes in your signature line -
it's
"broken"."

I know there are a lot of clued up people in our group so thought I
would ask exactly what is the correct procedure for posting your
signatgure - to be honest, I have never thought much about the actual
position of it. Do I put 'Bev' after the dashes with no space between
the signature? I'll sign off in my normal way and wait for corrections
BTW I think the person correcting me is being a bit pedantic,
guess it is a bit like the bottom or top posting argument!

Technically, I think it's supposed to be "-- " on a line by itself,
sort of like below. Many newsgroup programs are automatically set up
to recognize the "-- " and remove the stuff after it when quoting. If
your sig happens to be broken, it's not a big deal; I can just select
and delete the sig when quoting.

--
Takayuki and Betty
See pics of Betty at http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/

Old June 13th 04, 09:04 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:34:29 +1200, Bev yodeled:

Someone from another ng. has told me I have a broken signature i.e. :-

"BTW, please put a space after the two dashes in your signature line -
it's
"broken"."

I know there are a lot of clued up people in our group so thought I
would ask exactly what is the correct procedure for posting your
signatgure - to be honest, I have never thought much about the actual
position of it. Do I put 'Bev' after the dashes with no space between
the signature? I'll sign off in my normal way and wait for corrections
BTW I think the person correcting me is being a bit pedantic,
guess it is a bit like the bottom or top posting argument!

Bev

I don't see anything wrong with your signature, although it might
appear different in another newsreader.

BTW, I've been in ngs where they tried to maintain uniform top
-or-bottom posting for ease of reading, and I understand that
perfectly. If anyone asked me to do it in a particular way because
that was the way they did it in the ng, I don't think that's anything
to get honked about.

Theresa

Old June 13th 04, 09:06 PM
Sherry

I know there are a lot of clued up people in our group so thought I
would ask exactly what is the correct procedure for posting your
signatgure - to be honest, I have never thought much about the actual
position of it. Do I put 'Bev' after the dashes with no space between
the signature? I'll sign off in my normal way and wait for corrections
BTW I think the person correcting me is being a bit pedantic,
guess it is a bit like the bottom or top posting argument!

Bev

OH, for crying out loud. We care about what you have to say, not your grasp of
netiquette! But bless your heart for being so patient and *nice* that you're
trying to correct whatever it is they want you to do. I have no idea!

Sherry