Cat problem its urgent and important

Old March 15th 05, 04:55 AM
Noon Cat Nick

" wrote:

i have two male persian siamese cross (male). I dont give them canned
food. Only boiled potatoes and boiled fish, mashed together. My street
cats eat this too. But i am having a problem nowaday. both of them are
1 year old. One of them has started crying. He cries alot, and ****es
little drops any where in the house, though he is potty trained. he
never did this before. I took him to the Gov. Vet hospital. The doctor
gave him 2 injections and B-Complex syrup to be given 3 times a day,
but no change. What should i do.
one thing more the penis spot my my cat stays dark red. I dont know
why/?

You can start by giving them canned food. Animals require a particular
enzyme in order to digest and utilize food properly. This enzyme is
found in the stomachs of all animals...except cats. Cats get this enzyme
from killing and eating other animals, stomachs included. But potatoes
and fish meat won't supply this very necessary substance. Makers of cat
food fortify their products with this enzyme. Without it, serious
illness will result. You're already seeing the effects of your cats'
improper diet.

Have them checked for urinary tract infection and other possible
infections. Antibiotics plus a permanent change in diet seems the proper course.
Old March 15th 05, 09:59 AM
Meghan Noecker

On 14 Mar 2005 05:20:54 -0800, "
wrote:

i have two male persian siamese cross (male). I dont give them canned
food. Only boiled potatoes and boiled fish, mashed together. My street
cats eat this too.

Not sure what the potattoes are for. Regular fish is not good for
cats, except as a treat. Fish has to be supplemented or it will make
the cat sick.

Why not just give the cat some regular cat food? Something designed
for the proper nutrition of a cat?

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old March 15th 05, 05:12 PM

ok we managed to find a vet.......... which is a zoo keeper plus
vet...... he had a gr8 experience with cats...... so we are going to
get the cat treated by that vet.......

and about the food......... i myself is giving my cat Canned food by
Whiskas and friskies(Go-Cat Vitality) ...... so i also suggested the
same to my friend ......... but i wanna make sure that does only canned
food make up the balanced diet for the cat...... or we need some other
supplements with the canned food.....

..
plus there are also some problems that we encounter from time to
time........ so this leaves us with thousands of questions ......... so
i hope u guys won`t mind helping us.....

plus my cat don`t drink water that much...... is this something to
worry about........and how can i encourage my cat to drink
water........ i replace the water with the fresh one daily....

Old March 15th 05, 07:24 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...
ok we managed to find a vet.......... which is a zoo keeper plus
vet...... he had a gr8 experience with cats...... so we are going to
get the cat treated by that vet.......

and about the food......... i myself is giving my cat Canned food by
Whiskas and friskies(Go-Cat Vitality) ...... so i also suggested the
same to my friend ......... but i wanna make sure that does only canned
food make up the balanced diet for the cat...... or we need some other
supplements with the canned food.....

No, any canned food designed for cats will have the things
your cat needs. Some are better than others but ALL are
better than people food. What is at stake: your cat could
go blind if fed people food that does not have the things
cats need in it.

.
plus there are also some problems that we encounter from time to
time........ so this leaves us with thousands of questions ......... so
i hope u guys won`t mind helping us.....

Everyone here is happy to help you.

plus my cat don`t drink water that much...... is this something to
worry about........and how can i encourage my cat to drink
water........ i replace the water with the fresh one daily....

Somebody here said that cats drink more if they have
a few bowls of water in different places in the house.
I tried it and it works! Also, feeding canned food
will help give kitty water. Good luck, and thanks
for taking such good care of your kitty. I'm sure
she will bring you joy for years to come.

Old March 15th 05, 09:34 PM
KellyH

"Karen" wrote
I checked the NNTP IP in all three messages and it comes up Monaco. Now, I
don't know how that would work through Pakistan, but is seems an odd
troll.
Not very inflamatory. Innocuous subject really. Not that there aren't some
conflicting statements, but I don't see where you are pulling up Melbourne
for an IP.

I tend to doubt this guy's a troll. If he's in Pakistan, and accessing the
Internet from cafes and such, those computers could be using a variety of
Usenet news servers.
I know this will seem dumb, but I can't figure out how to see the IP of a
message using OE. When I look at my own messages, it shows that I'm posting
through uni-berlin.de, because I'm using Individual.Net. But, my Internet
access is from Comcast in Massachusetts. I can't see where it shows that
I'm in even in the US.
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old March 15th 05, 09:36 PM
KellyH

"Karen" wrote
OK, one question, you said you DON'T give them canned food in one post and
you do in this post. Which is it.

The original question was about someone else's cats.

Old March 15th 05, 09:38 PM
KellyH

wrote in message
ups.com...
ok we managed to find a vet.......... which is a zoo keeper plus
vet...... he had a gr8 experience with cats...... so we are going to
get the cat treated by that vet.......

Good! Glad to hear it.

and about the food......... i myself is giving my cat Canned food by
Whiskas and friskies(Go-Cat Vitality) ...... so i also suggested the
same to my friend ......... but i wanna make sure that does only canned
food make up the balanced diet for the cat...... or we need some other
supplements with the canned food.....

Canned food is just fine for a cat. If you have any dry cat food available,
you can give some for snacks. It is better that they eat mostly canned.

.
plus there are also some problems that we encounter from time to
time........ so this leaves us with thousands of questions ......... so
i hope u guys won`t mind helping us.....

No problem!

plus my cat don`t drink water that much...... is this something to
worry about........and how can i encourage my cat to drink
water........ i replace the water with the fresh one daily....

If he's eating all canned, then he doesn't need to drink much water. Like
others have said, if you put a variety of bowls around the house, he might
be more interested.