tears turned to smiles

Old July 31st 04, 09:30 AM
Exocat

Default tears turned to smiles

Condolences on your oh-so-sad loss but felicitations on your joyful
new arrival, which was clearly "meant" to happen. All the best for
your life together.

Purrs

Gordon, Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat
"David Yehudah" wrote in message

No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.
Hold your friends close and your enemies even closer.
When Clinton lied, no one died.

Dear Friends and Fur-babies,
It is with deepest sorrows that we must inform you of Samantha's

death.
She was a major part of our lives for five years. We were told four
years ago that she was critically ill but decided to give her as

much
love as we could for the time she was to grace our lives. That time

was
four years longer then the vet had given her. She had gotten to the
point that when she ate, she got sick. During the time we were gone

help my sister, following major surgery, Sammy stopped eating and

most
of her intake of liquids. When we returned home, she was in critical
condition and dangerously dehydrated. We did what we could for her,

but
she continued to deteriorate. It was clear that she was beginning to
suffer and we made the decision to put her to rest. That was done

late
this afternoon.
Dave was not able to do this without a great deal of stress, and

having
had several bouts with his heart last night, I told him I would take

on
the responsibility. I was not able to do this without many tears
while make this final trip with our little girl. The people were

caring
and gentle with their duties and their treatment of me.
Taking time to compose myself before returning home, I took a slow

tour
of the several rooms of cats looking for homes. I will take time to

say
that this was the cleanest and finely staffed facility I have ever
visited. They had many of the cats in rooms grouped by age group and
maintenance required; they even had a room for four months of age or
younger! When I entered the last room before exiting at the front of

the
building, I entered a room for animals released for adoption

effective
today. As I neared the kennels, a black and white paw reached out

me. I let the paw pull my finger to the cat owning that paw. It was

two-year old female black and white tabby, that had been spayed and
given her shots. Her first family developed allergies forcing her to
find a new home. When she succeeded in pulling my finger to her, she
began licking my finger, as if she felt my pain and was offering me
kitty kisses and purrs. Our newest addition to our family is Oreo.

She
is as sweet as her name implies. She did not panic when she was
introduced to the K-9 members a little while ago. Sammy will be

missed
but Oreo will heal the pain.
Headbutts and Purrs to all our friends, Patty

Old July 31st 04, 10:41 AM
Jeanette

Thank you Patty, for posting this. Many purrs and good thoughts are going
out to you and Dave, the doggies, and the new member of your family. Oreo
sounds like a wonderful cat, and I hope you have many happy years together.

Jeanette

Old August 13th 04, 06:38 PM
SUQKRT

In article , David Yehudah
wrote:

She did not panic when she was introduced to the K-9 members a little while

ago. Sammy will be missed but Oreo will heal the pain.
Headbutts and Purrs to all our friends, Patty

I'm very sorry to hear this Patty, belated porrs for you and Dave. Welcoming
Purrs for Oreo.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old August 15th 04, 11:53 AM
Jean Hobbs

I had read of Oreo's arrival but couldn't seem to hit on the full story
until just now,I'm so sorry about Samantha,Idid know of that, and did send
Purrs and so on but didn't realise Oreo was yours she must have reached for
you because Sammy chose her. Have lots of lovely Years together Patty,
David and the k-9s Jean.P.
David Yehudah wrote in message

No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.
Hold your friends close and your enemies even closer.
When Clinton lied, no one died.

Dear Friends and Fur-babies,
It is with deepest sorrows that we must inform you of Samantha's death.
She was a major part of our lives for five years. We were told four
years ago that she was critically ill but decided to give her as much
love as we could for the time she was to grace our lives. That time was
four years longer then the vet had given her. She had gotten to the
point that when she ate, she got sick. During the time we were gone to
[...]
today. As I neared the kennels, a black and white paw reached out to
me. I let the paw pull my finger to the cat owning that paw. It was a