A few tips

Old January 16th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default A few tips

For those of you who know the 'joy' of ripping one's own body hair out at
the roots via the means of a very sticky paste along the line of the hair
removal product "Nads", I have a few words of advice:

1) No matter what, make sure you are fully dressed.

2) Do NOT attempt to apply the stuff to yourself if there happens to be a
cat about.

Never ever try to depilate your chin when you step out of the shower if
there is even the *remotest* chance a cat will drop by to say "g'day".
Particularly if said cat happens to be not-to-bright, overly curious and
exceptionally affectionate long haired cat who likes jumping up on the sink
to give his meowmie head bumps on her (somewhat hersuite) chin whenever she
happens to be standing there. And absolutely not when said cat is so
proufoundly deaf as to be completely oblivious to the "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"
screamed at the top of one's lungs.

Suki didn't hear my screams of protest, and I wasn't quick enough to avoid
the morning 'bump'. I could see what was coming, and although I still had an
application stick full of sticky stuff I instinctly tried to push him away.

Talk about a sticky situation!

Suki and my chin are now detached from each other, but it wasn't pretty. I
don't know who it was worse for. Suki lost a fair amount of fur, but he has
so much to spare, you can't tell. To detach the caterwailing beast (oh, what
an absolute apt word), I had to add water (thank goodness the stuff is
entirely and quickly soluble and Suki, for some reason, doesn't mind the
stuff) but he doesn't like being stuck anywhere and tried to pry himsself
loose from my chin by levering on my chest. With all his claws. After he and
I split up (and thats what it felt like), I then had to get the application
stick back. He liked this even less, and expressed his displeasure with her
teeth and further cries of protest. The squirming made the mess worse, and
of course managed to plaster my bare midriff with patches of white fluff
stick down iwth green goo. Maybe I could have qualified for the Mrs Nude
Santa 2008 calendar.

Perhaps I should have just cut it out, but did eventually manage to get the
mess of shed fur and sticky green goo off him with more warm water and
screams of protest. Oddly enough, he doesn't seem to be 'talking' to me
anymore and is probably still hiding behind the filing cabinet (not that I
blame him)

Myself, I have a very sore chin (with the hairs I was trying to remove still
prudently there) and a chest that Br'er Rabbit would be proud of. My arm is
just bruised, no punctures thankfully.

And I swear to Bast Pickle just stood there and laughed silent pickle-headed
laughs the whole way through.

I'm just going to grow a beard next time and to hell with it.

Yowie

Old January 16th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

For those of you who know the 'joy' of ripping one's own body hair out at
the roots via the means of a very sticky paste along the line of the hair
removal product "Nads", I have a few words of advice:

[snip hilarious (sorry, but it was) story]

Poor Suki!!! Poor you, too, but you can at least process it mentally.
And you know that just because this happened today, that doesn't mean
the same thing is going to happen every time you touch him. But he
might have that idea in his head. I hope not. The "morning bump" sounds
very cute and I hope he resumes it, once he gets over the trauma.

Joyce - a bit uneasy about a depilatory called "Nads"

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 16th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

For those of you who know the 'joy' of ripping one's own body hair out
at
the roots via the means of a very sticky paste along the line of the
hair
removal product "Nads", I have a few words of advice:

[snip hilarious (sorry, but it was) story]

Poor Suki!!! Poor you, too, but you can at least process it mentally.
And you know that just because this happened today, that doesn't mean
the same thing is going to happen every time you touch him. But he
might have that idea in his head. I hope not. The "morning bump" sounds
very cute and I hope he resumes it, once he gets over the trauma.

Joyce - a bit uneasy about a depilatory called "Nads"

It is an unfortunate name, but it derives from the name "Nadia" after the
person it was invented for.

http://www.nads.com.au/

Yowie

Old January 16th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

For those of you who know the 'joy' of ripping one's own body hair out
at
the roots via the means of a very sticky paste along the line of the
hair
removal product "Nads", I have a few words of advice:

[snip hilarious (sorry, but it was) story]

Poor Suki!!! Poor you, too, but you can at least process it mentally.
And you know that just because this happened today, that doesn't mean
the same thing is going to happen every time you touch him. But he
might have that idea in his head. I hope not. The "morning bump" sounds
very cute and I hope he resumes it, once he gets over the trauma.

Joyce - a bit uneasy about a depilatory called "Nads"

It is an unfortunate name, but it derives from the name "Nadine" after the
person it was invented for.

http://www.nads.com.au/

Yowie
(I had posted 'Nadia' earlier, but cancelled it as I was mistaken)

Old January 16th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

I've heard rumors Suki is starting her own newsgroup.

Shudder to think what she is going to call it, or what her version of this
mornings events will be.

Jo

Old January 16th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Yowie wrote:
snip much of hillarious story

[...]

Thanks for the laugh Yowie and glad you two made it through the
detachment more or less in one piece ;-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 16th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

And I swear to Bast Pickle just stood there and laughed silent pickle-headed
laughs the whole way through.

I'm just going to grow a beard next time and to hell with it.

Sorry, Yowie, but I'm with Pickle(head) here. wiping eyes I hope Suki
will forget the incident soon enough. And purrs for your wounds.

Old January 16th 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

ROTFL! JPEGs?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 16th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

ROTFLMAO! It could have been worse - it could have been a bikini wax! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

cat health tips [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 March 19th 06 03:48 AM
cat health tips [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 March 19th 06 03:36 AM
Need tips, hints.... Charley's human Cat health & behaviour 7 January 22nd 06 03:09 PM
rescue tips? ie Cat rescue 11 January 10th 06 07:49 PM
q-tips Carrie-Lou Salter Cat health & behaviour 32 April 16th 04 07:35 AM