A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Spirit (RB)

Old November 8th 16, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster

Default Spirit (RB)

She was only 2 in August

Being FIV+ she'd always been small and somewhat delicate. She stopped growing at about 6 months.

And losing Dave whom she doted on she was pretty low for a while her stress overgrooming as a result left her almost bald but thanks to the spray Jill recommended that improved. In fact she was back to being fluffy and had taken to living in the kitchen but of late she had started to become more affectionate and even asked for petting and started to purr again and venturing in the living room now and again.

This morning I was starting a new job and she seemed unusually quiet although she used her box and had breakfast but she's always had days like this Dave once emailed to come home because he was sure she was dead come to think of it more than once...

I had a good day at my new job but I worried about her all day you know when your instincts nag at you when I got home she was curled up on her bed, still warm but dead. She doesn't look like she suffered, she passed in her sleep.

I hugged her and told her she was such a good little Floofy Monster as I couldn't possibly take time off work tomorrow I wrapped her in her bed and she's in the freezer until the weekend

I knew it was coming as my vet said when her FIV test came back positive "She may not live as long as you'd want her to" and I said "Isn't that true of everyone of them?"

But we only had her for 2 years and a week it doesn't seem fair

I guess right now she's climbed down the back of Dave's Heavenly throne and he's moaning that he's having to sit too far forward on his chair and it's doing his back in just like when she used to do that with his wheelchair

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furbal
Old November 8th 16, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy
external usenet poster

Default Spirit (RB)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 15:03:53 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

She was only 2 in August

Being FIV+ she'd always been small and somewhat delicate. She stopped growing at about 6 months.

And losing Dave whom she doted on she was pretty low for a while her stress overgrooming as a result left her almost bald but thanks to the spray Jill recommended that improved. In fact she was back to being fluffy and had taken to living in the kitchen but of late she had started to become more affectionate and even asked for petting and started to purr again and venturing in the living room now and again.

This morning I was starting a new job and she seemed unusually quiet although she used her box and had breakfast but she's always had days like this Dave once emailed to come home because he was sure she was dead come to think of it more than once...

I had a good day at my new job but I worried about her all day you know when your instincts nag at you when I got home she was curled up on her bed, still warm but dead. She doesn't look like she suffered, she passed in her sleep.

I hugged her and told her she was such a good little Floofy Monster as I couldn't possibly take time off work tomorrow I wrapped her in her bed and she's in the freezer until the weekend

I knew it was coming as my vet said when her FIV test came back positive "She may not live as long as you'd want her to" and I said "Isn't that true of everyone of them?"

I guess right now she's climbed down the back of Dave's Heavenly throne and he's moaning that he's having to sit too far forward on his chair and it's doing his back in just like when she used to do that with his wheelchair

I'm so sorry, I've been there too many times myself.

Old November 8th 16, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Spirit (RB)

On 11/7/2016 3:03 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
She was only 2 in August

Lesley

I'm so sorry! It always hurts, and it's always too soon. However, I
can understand what you mean about Spirit. Reading her story I'm
reminded of Charky (RB), who had brain damage and whom we had for about
a year and a half before he went to the Bridge.

(((((Lesley))))))
Old November 8th 16, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster

Default Spirit (RB)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 15:03:53 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

She was only 2 in August

Lesley

Oh, I'm so sorry.
Old November 8th 16, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Spirit (RB)

On 11/7/2016 6:03 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
She was only 2 in August

Lesley

I am so very sorry to hear this. Purrs.

Jill