My cats are for adoption

Old September 3rd 03, 08:59 PM
Bob Avery

Default My cats are for adoption

Anyone in the midwest (Central Iowa) My Siamese cats, Tuggles and
Midge are very important to me. But recently I've moved in with a
girlfirend who is allergic REALLY allergic. We've tried every
prescription the doctor could give and even a couple of herbal
remedies.

She can't stand to be in the house for the way it affects her
breathing and sinuses. I am terribly sad to say I have to get rid of
Tuggles and Midge. They are very nice 3 yr olds and play together
well, but I just can't have them any more.

If anyone knows the best way to get them into a good home, I would
appreciate the advice. I want to see them go somewhere nice and would
take any option before I have to have them euthanized. But time is of
the essence. I need to find somewhere for them fast, or I may have to
have them put down.

Thanks,

Bob

Old September 3rd 03, 09:45 PM
LauraK

Anyone in the midwest (Central Iowa) My Siamese cats, Tuggles and
Midge are very important to me. But recently I've moved in with a
girlfirend who is allergic REALLY allergic. We've tried every
prescription the doctor could give and even a couple of herbal
remedies.

Contact Siamese Rescue. They'll find a foster home for them and see that
they're placed with responsible owners.
http://www.siameserescue.org

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

Old September 3rd 03, 09:57 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:59:30 GMT, Bob Avery wrote:

[...]

Has she considered desensitization shots? What other
things is she allergic to?
Old September 4th 03, 01:06 PM
Bob Avery

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:57:47 -0600, m. L. Briggs
, tried to sniff my butt and growled:

[...]

Dogs too. I don't know of anything else. What is a desensitization
shot?

Bob

Old September 4th 03, 01:58 PM
MaryL

"Bob Avery" wrote in message
[...]

If you are not familiar with desensitization shots, then it sounds like you
have not been to an allergist. Please ask your girlfriend to make an
appointment with one before you make this decision. Your GP may not be the
best source of advice on allergies. There are other people on this
newsgroup with severe allergies who have used allergists, so maybe one of
them will respond with more information. Also, my brother-in-law had severe
allergies, and he was greatly helped when we installed an electrostatic
filter on our heat pump. This was a permanent electronic filter installed
in the equipment, not one of those temporary disposable filters.

MaryL

Old September 4th 03, 04:44 PM
Cat Protector

My brother was allergic to cats (well actually you are not allergic to cats
per say but their dander however cats seem to get the blame) and he would
never get rid of his cats. I hope the OP will reconsider the dumping of his
cats and consult an allergist. Also it is possible that prolonged exposure
to the allergin can bring about some immunity. The OP never said whether or
not he bathes the cats on a regular basis. Also I have to wonder why the OP
would move in with a woman who is obviously allergic? It seems cats become
disposable whenever this happens. Would the OP have given up so easily if
these cats were humans and his GF was allergic to even them?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old September 4th 03, 04:52 PM
Cat Protector

I have to agree here. Cats really become disposable in relationships even
when the problem is simple to fix. The mainreasons cats seem to get dumped
are the following:

1. A new human baby is on the way.
2. My GF or significant other is allergic.
3. I am moving into a place that doesn't allow cats.

The list goes on. I too am one of those who will not date anyone who doesn't
like cats Of course there are those people who like cats but simply won't
admit it to others. I'd think any woman who wants to be with me will accept
that myself and the cats are a package deal. I have kicked a few women to
the curb simply because they could not accept I have a cat.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

Would I ever get rid of my mushyboy? Nope. I stopped dating anyone who

couldn't
physically or mentally tolerate my cats. Little money? I made do with no

new
clothers...cheap food, etc. Would i take a job where housing means no

pets.
Nope..wouldn't do it...whether the job for 40K or 140K.