OT Frustrating evening

Old June 21st 04, 05:39 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default OT Frustrating evening

Ah well, this has been one frustrating evening for trying to stay
logged on. We've been having a very dry couple months here, which
helped me forget that one of the common problems with out phone lines.
When we get heavy rain, or rain after dry spells, we have the devil of
a time logging on and staying online without dropped signals. Good
news is that we had half an inch of rain yesterday, and a few
sprinkles this morning. Bad news is that all evening I can only stay
logged on for a few minutes at a time. I did manage to read the ng,
and post replies, but only after repeated dropped signals ;-(( Good
news is that we really need the rain, it will help business, and
there's more in the forecast over the next week.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 21st 04, 07:45 AM
O J

On Sun, 20 June, Steve Touchstone wrote:

Ah well, this has been one frustrating evening for trying to stay
logged on. We've been having a very dry couple months here, which
helped me forget that one of the common problems with out phone lines.
When we get heavy rain, or rain after dry spells, we have the devil of
a time logging on and staying online without dropped signals. Good
news is that we had half an inch of rain yesterday, and a few
sprinkles this morning. Bad news is that all evening I can only stay
logged on for a few minutes at a time. I did manage to read the ng,
and post replies, but only after repeated dropped signals ;-(( Good
news is that we really need the rain, it will help business, and
there's more in the forecast over the next week.

Steve,

If your going to talk about the weather, give us an idea where
you are. I'm guessing that you're not in the desert, but that leaves
a lot of territory. Here in LA, we're into the "June Gloom." Days
dawn with a heavy overcast which doesn't burn off till noon or so. It
takes a transplanted NYer a few years to believe that it's not going
to rain later in the day after looking at a morning sky in June.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old June 21st 04, 05:26 PM
John F. Eldredge