OT Eye makeup sensitivity any advice?

Old September 30th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default OT Eye makeup sensitivity any advice?

OK, my eyes get itchy, watery and puffy when I wear eye makeup so I
just haven't been and it is so depressing. Today I finally went and
bought some Almay and some Physicians formula to see if they work.
Clinique doesn't. Nor does Estee Lauder. I've got the almay on now. I
bought eye liner and mascara too. But I can feel my eyes getting
watery. We'll see. Does anyone else have this problem and do you have
anything you have found that helps. I read somewhere that smashbox's
foundation primer under eyeshadow helps. Has anyone tried that?

Old September 30th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Karen" wrote in message

OK, my eyes get itchy, watery and puffy when I wear eye makeup so I just
haven't been and it is so depressing. Today I finally went and bought some
Almay and some Physicians formula to see if they work. Clinique doesn't.
Nor does Estee Lauder. I've got the almay on now. I bought eye liner and
mascara too. But I can feel my eyes getting watery. We'll see. Does anyone
else have this problem and do you have anything you have found that helps.
I read somewhere that smashbox's foundation primer under eyeshadow helps.
Has anyone tried that?

With allergies I've found that less is more is the absolute rule for me. I
don't put much make up on my face. I usually skip the foundation when I do
wear it, just use blush and just a bit of liner. Someone mentioned Mary
Kay. That was a mascara I could wear. I use Clinique now.

Mostly I'm very careful to use as few products on my face as possible.
Rinse whatever I clean it with off VERY thoroughly. Don't rub or pull the
skin and just pat it dry with a soft towel if needed.

Also, and this took me years, I don't touch my face. No rubbing, scratching
resting hands etc. If you can master that it will cut way down on allergy
stuff. But keep your hands really clean anyway just in case.

Jo

Old September 30th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
OK, my eyes get itchy, watery and puffy when I wear eye makeup so I
just haven't been and it is so depressing. Today I finally went and
bought some Almay and some Physicians formula to see if they work.
Clinique doesn't. Nor does Estee Lauder. I've got the almay on now. I
bought eye liner and mascara too. But I can feel my eyes getting
watery. We'll see. Does anyone else have this problem and do you have
anything you have found that helps. I read somewhere that smashbox's
foundation primer under eyeshadow helps. Has anyone tried that?

I hear you! I have dark blonde eyelashes but they are very long, so I want
to wear mascara to show them off. But have a similar problem in that my
eyes are sensitive and I wear contact lenses, to boot.

You might try (and I'm not going to say this won't irritate your eyes, it
might and DISCLAIMER: you didn't hear about it from me!) eyelash dye. It's
vegetable dye. Look up 'Natural Woman' online; it's shipped from England.

I've found Physician's Formula makes a nice mild eyeshadow.

Jill

Old October 1st 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-30 14:09:40 -0500, "Jo Firey" said:

"Karen" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, I know i need to stop touching my face and eyes! It's so hard!

Old October 1st 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

I have a similar thing and got it diagnosed as blepharitis, which is a
condition whereby your pores can't adequately clean themselves out. Any
makeup on the eyes, no matter how allergy proof, still gets into the pores
where your eyelashes are and my body can't remove it. The result: Itchy
swollen puffy eyes and, eventually, a scaly rash all the way up the eylid.
The condition doesn't go away. I have to get this product called Lid Care
and carefully clean off the red part where the eyelashes grow from. I get
the liquid version (the pads don't work very well) and cheap Q-tips (so that
they don't have any bits of cotton sticking off - the cheap ones aren't soft
and that's what you want) and carefully do it in the morning and night.
Now, I can wear eye makeup about once a week but am careful to remove it
with eye makeup remover and then very VERY carefully, with the Q-tips on the
eyelids. I hope you don't have the same thing!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old October 1st 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-10-01 10:33:32 -0500, "Susan M" said:

[...]

Well, I'm happy to report that my eyes only got a bit watery yesterday
with the almay and today I am trying the Physicians Formula and that
seems to be doing REALLY well. Now if only there was a bit more color
choice in the PF!! Oh well, I'm very happy I appear, at least for now,
to be able to wear some eye makeup again!! I hated even taking off my
sunglasses because my eyes are so dinky and boring.

Old October 2nd 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Karen wrote:

OK, my eyes get itchy, watery and puffy when I wear eye makeup so I just
haven't been and it is so depressing. Today I finally went and bought
some Almay and some Physicians formula to see if they work. Clinique
doesn't. Nor does Estee Lauder. I've got the almay on now. I bought eye
liner and mascara too. But I can feel my eyes getting watery. We'll see.
Does anyone else have this problem and do you have anything you have
found that helps. I read somewhere that smashbox's foundation primer
under eyeshadow helps. Has anyone tried that?

Stepping in where I have absolutely NO personal knowledge, but DW is
hyper-sensitive to darned near anything (sometimes I think that includes
air). She went to Merle Norman and gets her facial/eye makeup stuff
there.

She had been through the Clinique, Almay, all the hypo-allergenic stuff
she could get at normal retail outlets with no success and on advice of
a friend went to Merle Norman. One of the consultants there listened to
her and got her onto a series of products she can use without ill
effects (so far -- it's been over a year now since she started).

Darned stuff is expensive, but if she likes it, it works for me, too

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old October 2nd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-10-01 19:21:44 -0500, Sam said:

Karen wrote:

[...]

Hmm. This is the third recommendation I've seen for Merle Norman. I'll
have to check.

Old October 2nd 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:
On 2006-10-01 10:33:32 -0500, "Susan M" said:

[...]

Physician's Formula works for me too. Only I went so long not wearing
any eye makeup, I'd forget I had it on and rub my eyes and end up
coming home looking like a raccoon.
Sherry

Old October 2nd 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

wrote in message
ups.com...

On 2006-10-01 10:33:32 -0500, "Susan M"

[...]