Our last days here wif Fred.

Old March 28th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Emergency RPCC meetin: (was Our last days here wif Fred.)

On Thursday 27 March 2008 22:28, Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:

"Fred Williams" wrote in message
On Thursday 27 March 2008 09:16, Will in New Haven wrote:

On Mar 27, 1:23 am, "Sundance"
wrote:
Yes, we still wantz yoo to be a HC! I did not purrpoze it juss so
yoo kud still post -- yoo kud do dat enneeway. I purrpozed it kuz I
thot da kitteez wud want to let yoo know how much we karez bowt
yurownself, an I wuz fraid yoo mite leev befur we kud tell yoo. If
yoo still will hav a owner den dat will be wunnerful, but we still
wantz yoo to be a HC eedur way.

Endoobedubbly, az r Uncl Scottt wud say. Alzo, der wud be da
possibilitude dat Uncl Fred wud get nooz ub da kitteez Diana an Ryan
an passs it onto ussez. Hows ELS wee gonna heer bout dem, til dey
getted a new secrutaree?

I'll tell you effury thing I gnow about their experiences
while
I still
have contact with them.
Today another wrinkle has developed. The nice lady at the
rescue
network says she is finding trouble getting a foster home for Diana
and
Ryan and they may not be able to keep them together. She is lookng
for
a space at a no-kill shelter that sometimes takes a pair of cats
together in exchange for the foster homes taking 4 individuals.
I have taken it upon myself to use their strength: Namely the
love that
they have for one another and their photogenic quality. I've sent 3
of
their photos to "Breakfast Television" at "CITY TV" in Toronto, with
their story. I'm hoping that a loving family will see them and want
care for them. I will also use the "contract" from the rescue
network that makes sure they don't go to be experimented on, or wind
up being
abused. It's for their safety which is most important.
Sorry for unoading all this on you, but I know you'll want to
be
informed of this little soap opera. We'll find a solution.

--
Regards,
Fred

I am purrink furr a bit ov serendipity (I dunt kno heow tu spel dat
woid in catchat)
tu show up aboot neow...purrrrrrr

Awlzo Unka Fred, cudun't it be uh stipyulashun dat da new slave haz ta
subskribe tu rpcc????

Pitô.ônya, alwayz thinkink

It would be nice, wouldn't it to have them all still on rpcc. I could
mention it, but I wouldn't require it, beclaws it might prevent them
from getting a second onetruehome.

Old March 28th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Friday 28 March 2008 05:36, Granby wrote:

Fred could you tell us, probably have before, how these three beauties
came to live with you?

I was visiting a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time and she was
working in a pet food store. While we were chatting a woman came in
and asked to post a notice on the bulletin board. It was about this
cat she'd found in the woods with 5 kittens, surviving in the wild.
The kittens were in gudgud shape, butthe mother cat was thin and
starving, giving everything she had to keep the kittens alive.
This woman had taken them into her garage, and she works tirelessly to
help kitties, and she's talked some of the local stores into providing
food and other things for her efforts. She had managed to find
onetruehomes for 4 of the kittens, so I went out to look at the mother
and remaining son. She said the mother cried each time a kitten was
placed and taken away from her. I had been thinking about getting two
cats anyway, so that they could keep each other company when I wasn't
home. So I took both the mother and son together. They fit right in
and made themselves right at home. I named the mother Diana after
Diana Spenser who became Princess of Whales, and as a kitten Ryan used
to climb up on the table and chase soccer balls around the screen when
I watched football. SO I named him Ryan after Ryan Giggs of Manchester
United who was a superb ball handler and my favourite player.
Cinnamon came about a year later as a kitten crying on my doorstep cold
and hungry. I couldn't find a home for him, so he stayed with the rest
of us.

Old March 28th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Thanks, I couldn't remember reading. Am I understanding right that the place
you are going to move does not allow pets?

Old March 28th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

I am going to share a house with some good friends that I've known for
decades. They originally said I could not bring the cats, but when
they heard that Diana and Ryan would be split up, they said I could
bring one.
So I said I would bring Cinnamon since Diana and Ryan should be
together. Then the Cat Rescue Lady said that they would have a hard
time placing Ryan since he was so large. She has two single spots with
other cats in the house, but Ryan would try to be dominant and might
start fights. So she wants me to take Ryan with me and she'll place
Cinnaomn and Diana in foster homes. Frankly I think Cinnamon would be
the hard one to place since he's so anti-social and scared of people.
At the same time he's probably less bonded to me than the others.
Anyway... Nothing is settled yet, but it will have to be soon.

On Friday 28 March 2008 08:36, Granby wrote:

[...]

Advice for Fred GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 9 March 12th 08 01:31 PM
Unkle Fred Granby Cat community 7 September 26th 07 12:03 PM
fred, have a brave jug. You won't help it Clint Cat anecdotes 0 September 13th 05 05:21 PM
Fred / Sapphire Jeanette Cat anecdotes 3 August 20th 04 04:44 AM