I need a bit of help with facebook rpca

Old November 16th 13, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I need a bit of help with facebook rpca

I cannot scroll down, I can only see a few posts. My computer should be
able to cope with it, it has 2 Gb memory. I got a message about low Windows
memory, so I increased it, but it's made no difference whatsoever.
It's still the same. My computer doesn't like facebook, it seems.
It was Ok for a few days, should I be deleting the posts somehow to make
more room? Or something? I've posted a similar request on facebook rpca,
but of course I can't see it now or any replies.
It's a PITA, especially because I waited 3 years :-(

Tweed

Old November 16th 13, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I cannot scroll down, I can only see a few posts. My computer should be
able to cope with it, it has 2 Gb memory. I got a message about low
Windows memory, so I increased it, but it's made no difference whatsoever.
It's still the same. My computer doesn't like facebook, it seems.
It was Ok for a few days, should I be deleting the posts somehow to make
more room? Or something? I've posted a similar request on facebook rpca,
but of course I can't see it now or any replies.
It's a PITA, especially because I waited 3 years :-(

Tweed

Tweed when was the last time you update windows, a good defragmentation and
checked to see if your videos drivers are up to date.

FB post will have nothing to do with your memory. That is totally your
side.

You may not have enough memory set aside to run certain programs. This
happens when you have a video memory shared: which means built in on the
board video card instead of a plug and play version.

also it could be Facebook right now sometimes it has it own quirks

Old November 18th 13, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matthew" wrote in message

[...]

Windows updates itself automatically, the last time only a few days ago, I
don't think it needs a defrag as I've only had this comp a few months and it
was totally refurbished & upgraded when I got it. But worth a look at that,
thanks for the idea. I've increased the set aside memory almost to the max.

ATM Facebook is almost unusable for me.

Tweed

Old November 18th 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matthew" wrote in message

[...]

Matthew, I have taken your advice about the defrag, and it said I need to
do it, so I'm doing it as we speak - OMG it takes such a long time.
Whether it will make difference to Facebook, I'll tell you tomorrow.
What sort of person would sell you an allegedly refurbished and updated to
the hilt computer without defragging it? It has 213 gb of 233 available but
still needed defragging.
On my last computer, I used to ask it every month or two if it needed
defragging, and it usually said "you do not need to defragment this volume"
but this one has obviously come with the need for that :-(
Whether it will make a difference to my Facebook experience when I have done
it, I don't know yet as the defrag is still chugging along.
I'll let you know.

Tweed

Old November 18th 13, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~~~
I frequently do disk cleanup and disk defrag on mine, even when it appears
that it isn't needed. With a large hard disk, files can easily become
defragmented, and it can take a *very* long time for defrag to be completed.

MaryL

Old November 18th 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

IT happens tweed I am thinking that you dont have a strong enough video
unit in that machine. If it is a desktop it is a simple cheap upgrade
laptops dont deal with them

I defrag and virus scan once a week There is a program called Defraggler
it is free http://www.piriform.com/defraggler it has two types of defrag
quick and through quick is about 2 hours through is about 14 hours.

When I go to bed after work on Saturday I set it and forget it done by the
time I wake up in the morning3

they also have CCcleaner one of the best on the market it is also free
for the disk clean up http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Extremely simple to install and use.

Old November 19th 13, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Part of my job is to set up and maintain project computers. I've been
doing this for well over 20 years and done hundreds of them.

I find that if I take a new computer out of the box and set it up with
the OS and various software needed, it almost always needs to be
defragged immediately.

I used to defrag MacOS 9 machines every so often. It seemed to make
some difference, particularly getting all the system stuff close
together in the same parts of the disk, but not a huge one.

I don't know of any utility for defragging MacOS X machines and I've
never heard of a situation where it was necessary.

Can't you set up Windows machines to use a choice of alternate file
systems? That's been a commonplace on Unix machines since the early
1980s.

Facebook Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 71 October 29th 13 12:42 AM
Facebook (again) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 September 10th 12 01:14 AM
FACEBOOK CAT :) Persian Cats - misc 1 July 9th 12 01:49 PM
RPCA group on Facebook question [email protected] Cat anecdotes 5 May 14th 11 11:55 PM
Facebook Sherry Cat anecdotes 4 January 26th 11 08:54 PM