Boyfie just came in yowling

Old August 16th 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie just came in yowling

the prey noise. It was a vole (deceased) and he threw it all over the
kitchen and played with it, practicing his techniques "this is how you catch
a vole and this is how to catch it in the air."

Luckily it was dead at the time. Kitty taught him the killing bite.
Now he's just eaten it and is asking to go out to catch another. That's
what cats do given the chance. I can feed him on Whiskas and sprinkles of
dry all the time but what he really wants is voles, mice and small rats.
He's quite lazy as he gets older but if he catches real prey he has to go
out again to try to get another. It turbo charges him.

Might be a late night then :-(

Tweed

Old August 16th 13, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

the prey noise. It was a vole (deceased) and he threw it all over the
kitchen and played with it, practicing his techniques "this is how you catch
a vole and this is how to catch it in the air."

Luckily it was dead at the time. Kitty taught him the killing bite.
Now he's just eaten it and is asking to go out to catch another. That's
what cats do given the chance. I can feed him on Whiskas and sprinkles of
dry all the time but what he really wants is voles, mice and small rats.
He's quite lazy as he gets older but if he catches real prey he has to go
out again to try to get another. It turbo charges him.

Might be a late night then :-(

Tweed

Good Boyfie!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 16th 13, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet
the prey noise. It was a vole (deceased) and he threw it all over the
kitchen and played with it, practicing his techniques "this is how you
catch a vole and this is how to catch it in the air."

Luckily it was dead at the time. Kitty taught him the killing bite.
Now he's just eaten it and is asking to go out to catch another. That's
what cats do given the chance. I can feed him on Whiskas and sprinkles of
dry all the time but what he really wants is voles, mice and small rats.
He's quite lazy as he gets older but if he catches real prey he has to go
out again to try to get another. It turbo charges him.

Might be a late night then :-(

Tweed

I think that eating prey is good for his teeth. Keeps them clean.
Elisabet

Old August 16th 13, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" skrev i
meddelandet ...
the prey noise. It was a vole (deceased) and he threw it all over the
kitchen and played with it, practicing his techniques "this is how you
catch a vole and this is how to catch it in the air."

Luckily it was dead at the time. Kitty taught him the killing bite.
Now he's just eaten it and is asking to go out to catch another.
That's what cats do given the chance. I can feed him on Whiskas and
sprinkles of dry all the time but what he really wants is voles, mice and
small rats.
He's quite lazy as he gets older but if he catches real prey he has to go
out again to try to get another. It turbo charges him.

Might be a late night then :-(

Tweed

I think that eating prey is good for his teeth. Keeps them clean.
Elisabet

I think you're right, his teeth are always clean when he gets his yearly
check ups. I just have to ignore the crunching noises as he chomps the
bones and the skull, he doesn't leave anything.

It's natural behaviour. Our cats are just leopards/tigers etc in smaller
form disguised as pets.

Tweed

Old August 16th 13, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

I think you're right, a late night.

I agree that no matter how nice their cat food is, it's never going to as
much fun, give as much satisfaction or taste as good as freshly caught
little critters.

It was indeed a late night, he was still out at 5 a.m. looking for another
one. I gave up then and went to bed, leaving the back door open for him.
He woke me up at 9.30 by meowing outside my bedroom door for his breakfast.
I didn't get up until 10 on a matter of principle.

Old August 17th 13, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Judith Latham" wrote in message

I think you're right, a late night.

I agree that no matter how nice their cat food is, it's never going to
as
much fun, give as much satisfaction or taste as good as freshly caught
little critters.

It was indeed a late night, he was still out at 5 a.m. looking for
another
one. I gave up then and went to bed, leaving the back door open for him.
He woke me up at 9.30 by meowing outside my bedroom door for his
breakfast.
I didn't get up until 10 on a matter of principle.

A few weeks ago, Baggy, killed a pregnant rat. He was enjoying eating the
babies in her womb.
--
Adrian

Although it is sad to think about that rats can be a real problem here.
Boyfie kills the small ones, he doesn't do the biggies, but if he did he'd
certainly eat that.

..

Old August 17th 13, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

I think that eating prey is good for his teeth. Keeps them clean.

I think you're right, his teeth are always clean when he gets his yearly
check ups. I just have to ignore the crunching noises as he chomps the
bones and the skull, he doesn't leave anything.

It's natural behaviour. Our cats are just leopards/tigers etc in smaller
form disguised as pets.

Other than vegetarians and vegans, humans do the same behavior. But most
of us don't take part in the slaughter, so it feels more "civilized" somehow.
Meat-eating is meat-eating.

--
Joyce

I've gone running from the devil
At times I've beaten down his path
Old August 18th 13, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

I think that eating prey is good for his teeth. Keeps them clean.

I think you're right, his teeth are always clean when he gets his yearly
check ups. I just have to ignore the crunching noises as he chomps
the
bones and the skull, he doesn't leave anything.

It's natural behaviour. Our cats are just leopards/tigers etc in
smaller
form disguised as pets.

Other than vegetarians and vegans, humans do the same behavior. But most
of us don't take part in the slaughter, so it feels more "civilized"
somehow.
Meat-eating is meat-eating.

I suspect most of us who eat meat (me included) would back off if they had
to kill the animals themselves.
I did at least, when all my goats seemed to have twin male kids, rear one
out of two to 6-8 months old on free range and have them put in the freezer
for my own use. I did this because I didn't want to sell them in the market
where they would probably have gone to the halal trade. I find this method
of killing cruel, and anyone can call me racist over this.
FGS, we've moved on from letting them have their throats cut whilst they can
experience the long couple of minutes it takes for them to bleed out.
Yes, they do have to be bled but in humane slaughter they are rendered
unconscious beforehand.
For me, there is no excuse to harking back to a book from how long ago to
think this is OK, still. It simply isn't. IMO.
Otherwise I could use my book to excuse myself if I stoned people for
adultery.
Tweed

Old August 18th 13, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

[...]

I totally with you on the Halal killing.

We go to an Asian restaurant a lot (we've been going there for many years)
and naive that I am, didn't realise that their meat was Halal. I thought
it had to be stated somewhere if it was. anyway, I found out and that was
a big problem for me. I tend towards being vegetarian and DH is just
wondering when he's going to be turned vegetarian.

I would never support halal meat. My local supermarket does, but it it's
often in the "no one will buy it" bin.
I would not buy it if it cost 1p because I find their method of
slaughtering totally unacceptable in this century.

Tweed

Old August 20th 13, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

seemed to have twin male kids, rear one out of two to 6-8 months old on
free range and have them put in the freezer for my own use. I did this
because I didn't want to sell them in the market where they would
probably have gone to the halal trade. I find this method of killing
cruel, and anyone can call me racist over this.

I totally with you on the Halal killing.

We go to an Asian restaurant a lot (we've been going there for many years)
and naive that I am, didn't realise that their meat was Halal. I thought
it had to be stated somewhere if it was. anyway, I found out and that was
a big problem for me. I tend towards being vegetarian and DH is just
wondering when he's going to be turned vegetarian.

Maybe switch to Indian restaurants? Many Hindus are vegetarian, and when
they do eat meat, it's probably not Halal since they're not Muslims.

I had Pakistani food recently and it didn't taste all that different from
Indian. I'm sure there are differences (aside from different dietary laws),
but most of the food (and its spices) tasted pretty familiar to me. Indian
food is far more common in my part of California, and probably in most parts
of the US, than Pakistani. Sounds like the opposite is true for you?

Bless him DH went to the owner of the restaurant (who knows me very well)
to check that the meat was Halal and he came over and explained how it's
done these days.

So, how is it done these days? If he said "these days", to me that implies
that something has changed.

He didn't convince me (I didn't convince him either)

Meaning, things are as inhumane as ever, but you shouldn't think it's so
bad? Or, he told you that it's done in a more humane way now, but you
don't believe him?

I believe that jews kill in the same way for Kosher meat but I'm not sure.

I've always heard that, too. But I've also heard that, aside from meats
that are never kosher (pork, shellfish, etc), foods can be either kosher
or not, and the difference is whether a rabbi has said the appropriate
blessings over it. But I'm not at all observant, so I'm the wrong person
to ask if you want to know for sure.

--
Joyce

If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can
drive the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker

yowling cat stopped yowling yepp Cat anecdotes 4 August 22nd 06 10:38 PM
yowling cat yepp Cat health & behaviour 0 June 24th 06 09:36 PM
Yowling? Yowie Cat anecdotes 20 December 2nd 05 10:41 PM
Yowling? Yowie Cat anecdotes 4 December 2nd 05 10:34 PM
tried everything for Yowling Ensoul100 Cat health & behaviour 33 September 22nd 03 06:13 AM