Us Brits are expecting a hurricane

Old October 28th 13, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Us Brits are expecting a hurricane

On 2013-10-27 7:38 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 14:07:14 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

How can ANYONE deny climate change?

Climate change itself ISN'T the point of contention.

Human CAUSED climate change IS, and should be.

Not to mention what if anything humans can do to cause the climate to
change in a way we'd prefer - that is, whatever has caused recent
changes, can any of the presently proposed efforts to slow or reverse
the changes work, and if so, how well and at what cost?

--
Cheryl
Old October 28th 13, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:39:32 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

According to My Fair Lady, won't happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQpoyfbWJ0

Pfff. I'll let you know if it does. The Uk weather people don't put us on
high alert for no reason.

Old October 28th 13, 09:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

And when it has passed you it is heading this way. We have got a class 2
weather warning.
Elisabet in Sweden

Old October 28th 13, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Lisa Katt" skrev i meddelandet

"Christina Websell" skrev i
meddelandet ...
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

And when it has passed you it is heading this way. We have got a class 2
weather warning.
Elisabet in Sweden

The weather warning is just upped to class 3, which is the severest class.
Elisabet

Old October 28th 13, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

It was starting to rain when I went to bed last night, something woke me up at 5.10am and it sounded windy out but I went back to sleep. Woke up at 6..30 this morning and the wind was howling and it was pouring but by the time I had a shower and got dressed it had calmed down a bit. No problem getting to work although some lines were suspended but I got my usual train and was in on time. Its starting up again now so I bet when its time to go home the trains will be playing up

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 28th 13, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message ...

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

And when it has passed you it is heading this way. We have got a class 2
weather warning.
Elisabet in Sweden

~~~~~~
I saw where the St. Jude storm was crossing the Netherlands and headed for
Scandinavia. I hope our friends in all areas will be fine with no damage
from the storm. It had hurricane-force winds as it hit Britain. I haven't
seen a recent report, but I hope the winds are dying down. Even without
hurricane-force winds, there can be major damage from torrential rain and
high winds.

MaryL

Old October 28th 13, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I think the point of the post was we should be sending purrs
to folks in the UK. They're not used to "hurricanes".

*Parts* of the UK. This one hasn't got anywhere near Scotland.
It's been a normal autumn day here, near Edinburgh.

Old October 28th 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:35:45 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Pfff. I'll let you know if it does. The Uk weather people don't put us
on
high alert for no reason.

According to the (US)National Weather Service Hurricane Hunters,
there are no tropical storms in the Atlantic at this time.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/?atlc

But that doesn't mean a serious 'extra tropical' storm is in progress
in the North Atlantic.

London is experiencing heavy rain tonight, but it will be clear
starting tomorrow afternoon and for a few days, then more rain.

http://uk.weather.yahoo.com/united-k...-44418/#toggle

And it's dry in Ireland, N. Ireland, AND Scotland.

Please read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

to see what happened. 4 killed and a 14 y o old was swept out to sea. The
search for him has been called off, which will make 5.

Old October 28th 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

"Lisa Katt" skrev i meddelandet

"Christina Websell" skrev i
meddelandet ...
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

And when it has passed you it is heading this way. We have got a class 2
weather warning.
Elisabet in Sweden

The weather warning is just upped to class 3, which is the severest class.
Elisabet

Be safe, Elisabet, stay inside. Thinking of you.
Tweed

Old October 28th 13, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

Be safe. If Boyfie needs to "go" I guess he'll just poo in the tub. I
wouldn't begrudge him that in the weather predicted.

Jill

g He didn't need to "go" and we are both fine. We missed the worst of
the winds but I did have a few branches whipped off my trees. It rained
like crazy. Enough to have 2 inches of water in the trough I put on the
back of my settee - I have a fault which causes water to drip through the
top of where my bay window joins the house if we have exceptionally heavy
rain and despite several builders being called in to repair it and doing
their best, they have never been able to find out how the water is coming
in.

Tweed