Gee, Thanks Schwartzie

Old March 15th 13, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Gee, Thanks Schwartzie

My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

Jill
Old March 15th 13, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 3/15/2013 12:08 PM, jmcquown wrote:
My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

Jill

You can use hot pepper. I mix cayenne pepper with water and apply where
I don't want animals in the garden. Try putting your cats fur in the area.

Ann
Old March 16th 13, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/15/2013 1:59 PM, ann791 wrote:
On 3/15/2013 12:08 PM, jmcquown wrote:
My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

Jill

You can use hot pepper. I mix cayenne pepper with water and apply where
I don't want animals in the garden. Try putting your cats fur in the area.

Ann

Thanks, Ann. Doing some research, I read a solution of finely ground
black pepper and water might work. (Cayenne pepper is expensive! I'd
rather save it for cooking.) Also lemon or orange peels, which is not
something I have handy. Coffee grounds... hmmm, I could do that.

Whatever I do I also have to ensure not attracting bugs. I live in a
very temperate climate. It's barely gotten chilly this winter. The
bugs are already coming out in force.

Jill
Old March 16th 13, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

This is supposed be where leopard poo comes in...

Quite why it's meant to be an improvement to have your flowerbeds
smell as if leopards crap in them, I never could work out.

Old March 16th 13, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/15/2013 8:27 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

This is supposed be where leopard poo comes in...

Quite why it's meant to be an improvement to have your flowerbeds
smell as if leopards crap in them, I never could work out.

I'll just have to see if I can find some leopard poo. Or maybe I should
adopt an alligator...

Jill

Old March 16th 13, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

This is supposed be where leopard poo comes in...

Quite why it's meant to be an improvement to have your flowerbeds
smell as if leopards crap in them, I never could work out.

Could it help the flowers grow, at least? Probably not - small-cat poop
doesn't work well as fertilizer, either. Maybe because they eat mostly meat?

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old March 16th 13, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 3/15/2013 8:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

In my area I can get the cayenne pepper in a large container at a good
price.

Ann
Old March 16th 13, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

Jill

I've been told mothballs are effective, but I've never tried it, so
can't vouch for their efficacy.
Old March 16th 13, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great, perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

Jill

I've been told mothballs are effective, but I've never tried it, so
can't vouch for their efficacy.

Aren't those poisonous?

--
Joyce

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old March 17th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_4_]

jmcquown wrote in news:aqhu3nFtmelU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 3/15/2013 8:27 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
My neighbors' cat Schwartzie just made a "deposit" in the soft soil
right outside the window next to my den. The weather is great,

perfect
for opening a few windows. I'm not sure I appreciate him deciding to
use this spot as his outdoor litterbox. If it becomes *the* poop-

spot
it could get very stinky. I'm not sure what I could use/do to
discourage him from using that area. Any suggestions?

This is supposed be where leopard poo comes in...

Quite why it's meant to be an improvement to have your flowerbeds
smell as if leopards crap in them, I never could work out.

I'll just have to see if I can find some leopard poo. Or maybe I

should
adopt an alligator...

Jill

A generous sprinckling of pepper might do.