broken front leg

Old November 3rd 03, 05:41 PM
John McCabe

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 07:06:39 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

As an aside - tell your friend to get insurance - it's not that
expensive and their would no longer be an issue about getting the best
possible care for her pet (in this case, surgery, if that is what the
vet recommends).

The problem with this advice is that insurance will not cover pre-existing
conditions.

I never said it would help with this particular condition but if your
friend is happy to look after a pet, he/she *must* be prepared to
ensure that the pet gets treatment when it needs it. If that means
paying monthly instalments for a number of years then so be it, but if
your friend is going to skimp on the right treatment because "he/she
can't afford it" then they shouldn't be keeping pets.

It might help for future problems, but not for this one (and
not for any future problem that is in any associated with this break).

As long as the cat's leg is treated properly now there probably won't
be any future problems associated with the break, but if your friend
messes around too much now it could cause long lasting problems that
he/she will never be able to pay for!

What is going to happen, for example, if your friend found a way of
avoiding caging the cat but it lead to the leg being amputated in the
future? Now I *know* how much that costs, and it is a lot of money!
Would you rather see the cat put to sleep just because it is the
cheaper option? Insurance means you don't have to make that choice.

Best Regards
John McCabe

To reply by email replace 'nospam' with 'assen'

Old November 3rd 03, 09:03 PM
MaryL

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

As an aside - tell your friend to get insurance - it's not that
expensive and their would no longer be an issue about getting the best
possible care for her pet (in this case, surgery, if that is what the
vet recommends).

The problem with this advice is that insurance will not cover

pre-existing
conditions.

I never said it would help with this particular condition but if your
friend is happy to look after a pet, he/she *must* be prepared to
ensure that the pet gets treatment when it needs it. If that means
paying monthly instalments for a number of years then so be it,

Sorry ... I ministerpreted your message.

The rest of your message was probably intented for the OP, not me (that is,
it's not my friend who has the problem ... but it is very easy to get these
long threads mixed).

MaryL

Old November 4th 03, 10:20 AM
John McCabe

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:03:28 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

The rest of your message was probably intented for the OP, not me (that is,
it's not my friend who has the problem ... but it is very easy to get these
long threads mixed).

Of course, you are quite right - sorry about that.