Broken hearted

Old September 1st 04, 10:57 PM
Sherry

I adopted 2 beautiful short hair girls. They were due to be put down .
Owner did not tell me one is unbelievable. I have only seen 1 trully
visous(sp) cat in my life. Well the battle started when we brought them
to their new home- Separate carrying cases---all the best---my 90 yrs
old Mom went to round up Hell cat. She attached. Ok--I forgave--new
everything etc. Next time someone let her out , not on purpose---With
the help of a big man I got her back inside. A few bites drew
blood---Okay, today had to gently put flea collor on---all hell broke
loose. She took me to the floor, chewed me bad. Now I cannot touch
her, I have lymphdema and if she gets that arm ---could lose it. I
have done everything I know to win her over---but I think I must call it
quits--
I feel horrible---the other kitty has loved me from the first moment.
Please help
Joan

I don't mean to sound brusque, Joan, but first get rid of the flea collar. They
are toxic, most of them not effective anyway, and it's just one more thing to
stress the cat if she's not used to a collar. Try Advantage, Frontline or
something.
This is just anecodotal, but my son's cat sounds just like your hell cat. I've
had to babysit him on occasion, and sometimes all you have to do is pet him and
he acts viciously. I found out he's okay if I totally ignore him. I don't even
act like I see him. I've only kept him for a few days at a time, so I don't
know if that approach continued would eventually settle him down. I also have
to keep him separated from all other cats, because that sets him off too.
In your case, though, I can't help wondering if there's a medical issue and the
cat's in pain or something. Although there *are* some cats that are just highly
agressive, it's certainly not normal for them to be.

Old September 1st 04, 10:58 PM
Sherry

Give her time to calm down. You could also try some catnip.
Just put it on the rug.

Catnip makes two of my cats aggressive and mean.

Sherry

Old September 1st 04, 11:07 PM
Sherry

Ex-owner says se wants to
be outside---I do not and will not allow that.

Oh, man, that sounds familiar. I've already posted to you about my son's cat.
This is *exactly* what the deal is with him. I don't let him out here because
he isn't familiar with my house and might get lost. He is allowed to go outside
at home. So he turns into the cat from hell. He's a perfect gentleman at home.
It would be good if there was a nice, adults-only, rural home she could go to
and have outdoor access for a couple hours a day. Poor Emma. And poor you. I
hope you're able to come to a good solution for both of you.

Sherry

Have had cats for 50
yrs---hate for them to go outside----Has been given good vet care---no
illnesses---nothing---I don't think this is fair to Mimi she was in my
lap one hour and kissing---loving me. What have I got myself into.
Thank you guys so much. Joan
self