I told you all Harvey was a character!

Old June 17th 05, 03:06 PM
KittyLady

Default I told you all Harvey was a character!

Harvey has become a big fan of the window AC unit in our bedroom, it is
one of the ones that comes with a remote (lazy me!). He likes to sit in
front of it and let the air blow on him, sometimes he trys to sit on it
but soon moves (I guess his backside gets cold). To make a long story
short, it was cool in the house last night so I had turned off the AC
and raised the bedroom window. I was starting to go to sleep and I hear
the AC come on. So I roll over and fuss at my husband about it being to
cold to turn it off. Of course he says it wasn't me! So I turn it off
and pretend to go to sleep sure enough out of the corner of my eye I
see Harvey step on the remote, on comes the AC, and run sit in front of
it. Had I not seen it with my own eyes I would have never thought it
possible for a cat to turn on an AC.

Skritches,
KittyLady and Harvey who refuses to be to hot.

Old June 17th 05, 03:20 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

KittyLady wrote:
[...]

Good for Harvey. Actually, not so good, but hey what can you say,
smart little guy, isn't he?

My furbabies (well two of them) have figured out how to get the furless
"mom" up in the morning. We have cordless phones (two of 'em), and on
the base/charging unit, there is a button called "Page". It makes the
phone chirrup (rather like an alarm clock), so that the phone can be
located if it's mislaid somewhere. Smokie and Barnabus have discovered
that if they stand on this button in the bedroom, it wakes up meowmie,
and she actually *gets out of bed*!!!! I keep trying to "hide" the
button (with stuffed animals and such), but they both will move the
stuffed animals just so they can stand on that stupid page button.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - who HATES an alarm clock without a snooze
button!

Old June 17th 05, 03:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On 17 Jun 2005 07:06:25 -0700, "KittyLady"
yodeled:

[...]

Wow! :O

Theresa
Old June 17th 05, 03:37 PM
KittyLady

I think our furbabies are alot smarter than we give them credit for. I
agree with the alarm clock thing, I need to hit the snooze at least 3
times on a good morning.

Skritches,
KittyLady and Harvey who says who needs alarm clocks if you have a cat.

Old June 17th 05, 05:35 PM
Jemfur

I love it! They really know how to get what they want and live the
good life!

~Jemfur, Simba and Pepper

Old June 19th 05, 08:08 AM
Cathi

In message .com,
KittyLady writes
I think our furbabies are alot smarter than we give them credit for. I
agree with the alarm clock thing, I need to hit the snooze at least 3
times on a good morning.

I came home one night to five messages on the answerphone. All of them
contained background noise, and a couple had a bemused female voice
saying "Hello", then commenting that there was no-one there. Dialling
1471 (which will tell you the last number to call you in the UK) got me
the vet's number.

They rang again, and I was there to answer it. Apparently the phone
rings, and the answerphone picks up, but all they heard was background
noise - no message.

So I rang my home phone from my mobile, and sure enough, the electronic
voice telling me that there was no-one available to answer my call was
not there. All there was was background noise -- maybe a television on
in the background - and certainly no spoken message. I came to the
conclusion that one of the residents had sat/walked on the answerphone
controls in the right combination to record a new message, doubtless
comprehensible only to the Mothership.
--
Cathi
Old June 20th 05, 12:35 AM
Duke of URL

KittyLady wrote:

[...]

And you thought you were smarter than your fur-master!
--

Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler,
Paleoconservative, Surface Warrior Squid