Kitty Lost - Kitty Found

Old December 19th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Default Kitty Lost - Kitty Found

Around June time my neighbour's son's cat went missing. The cat (also
called Smudge) was chipped and wore a collar. The son put up posters,
knocked on doors, rang the cat shelters but no sign of the kitty. As the
months passed they gave up hope of ever finding the kitty again.

Around 3 weeks ago my daughter, who is a hairdresser, told me about one of
her clients who said a cat had become trapped in the house next door to her.
It would appear the house is rented and as the last tennants left the cat
must have sneaked in. The lady had been posting cat food through the
letterbox - I assumed dried food but actually opened tins of pilchards etc!!
After a few days the owner of the house was tracked down and he came and let
the cat out. The lady took the cat to the local vet. The vet scanned the
cat and it turned out to be the missing Smudge!

So after almost 5 months Smudge was found half a mile from where he lived.

I keep thinking about Sammy as I write this and hope he may also turn up
safe and well very, very soon.

Sharon

Old December 19th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, that's so good to hear - what a wonderful Christmas present!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 19, 6:14 am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
[...]

How delightful. And so nice of the neighbor lady. I hope Smudge2
enjoyed the pilchards.

--
Will in New Haven
Old December 19th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I love happy endings!

--
Joy

Peace on earth; good will to all!

Old December 19th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

[...]

Wow, but he wasn't trapped in the house for 5 months, was he? Makes me
wonder where he'd gone before he got stuck in the house.

In any case, I'm glad your son got him back. Obviously it helped in this
case that both children call their mother regularly!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 20th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:14:16 -0000, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear this Smudge finally made his way home - I started
thinking about Sammy as I read. Note: there's still a candle lit for
Sammy to make it home in time for Christmas
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=sammy
Old December 23rd 08, 09:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

its a wonderful miracle...
i have lost my pet and it almost 2years after she have give a birth..
she has a flower tail..
i miss her damn much..
would she come back home??
*sob*sob

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com http://www.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com http://uc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com http://gc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com http://3700ad.gamestotal.com /a