Will be gone for a week

Old September 1st 05, 07:37 PM
Charleen Welton

Default Will be gone for a week

Will be leaving the heat and humidity of Central Florida for the heat and
maybe less humidity of Boston (Woburn really) to spend a week with my mom
who is in a nursing home. Mom has Parkinson's Disease and loses a bit more
of her abilities each day.

When I was with her last year, she was in an Assisted Living Facility, I
could take her out in the car for rides and lunch. She can not get in and
out of the car any longer. I will take pictures and cat stories and other
entertaining things. We will have fun.

Friday, September 2, 2005 will be the one year anniversary of my knee cap
break. Since then I have been through airline security and neither the
screws or the metal wires set off the machines. How embarrassing that
would be!

DH, David, is back on the Hurricane Disaster Relief Force. It will be a
while before FEMA, the local government, and his company deem everything is
safe enough for the trucks and drivers to bring the loads of materials to
start building temp and permanent structures to work out of. He will be
working a lot.

So who will take care of the cats? Larry our room mate. He loves these
cats as we do. He is so good with them. Two of the cats get meds and he
takes care of that so neatly.

I'm so sorry for all those that are hurting due to the catastrophe on the
Gulf and Inland. My heart goes out to our RPCA members who are still hoping
to hear from family. Many prayers and purrs for good news.

See you next week-end Sept 10/11

Charleen

Old September 1st 05, 07:55 PM
Jo Firey

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
Will be leaving the heat and humidity of Central Florida for the heat and
maybe less humidity of Boston (Woburn really) to spend a week with my mom
who is in a nursing home. Mom has Parkinson's Disease and loses a bit
more
of her abilities each day.

When I was with her last year, she was in an Assisted Living Facility, I
could take her out in the car for rides and lunch. She can not get in and
out of the car any longer. I will take pictures and cat stories and other
entertaining things. We will have fun.

Travel safe. And something to consider. Maybe there is a nurse or orderly
who would be able and willing to go with you and help transfer Mom to and
from the car so you could at least get her out for a ride and maybe some ice
cream? For pay of course.

Jo

Old September 1st 05, 09:08 PM
Charleen Welton

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

[...]

Jo, what a great and loving idea. Unfortunately it can't be done. Mom

is very unstable and must walk with a walker and an aide who holds on to her
with a band around my mother's torso. Anytime mom has to go to a doctor's
appointment or such it is required that she go in a wheelchair and in a
wheelchair van. Wish we could do as you suggested!

Of course there is nothing to say that I can not import some Rum Raisin ice
cream, her favorite. She is not on any dietary restrictions.

Charleen

Old September 2nd 05, 12:27 AM
Jo Firey

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
news

Of course there is nothing to say that I can not import some Rum Raisin
ice
cream, her favorite. She is not on any dietary restrictions.

Charleen

Now that sounds good. Mostly its a matter of trying to see through what
someone cannot do or enjoy and still finding the things they can.

I'm sure she will enjoy your company even more than you realize too.

Jo

Old September 2nd 05, 06:40 PM

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:37:25 GMT, "Charleen Welton"
wrote:

[...]

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Charleen.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)