Wez greive with thee

Old March 26th 16, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran[_2_]

Default Wez greive with thee

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-4, Mishi wrote:
For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Tabby respectfully joins the purr circle for their beloved Aunti Melissa (RB).

I also met Melissa on rpc about 20 years ago; and I know she cared deeply for each and every kitty and human that she made a brick for until she could no longer.

Rest in peace Melissa - play with Omar and all your other beloved furs and those that you honored so well. Until we all meet again.

Fran
Old March 26th 16, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Mishi wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer
not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Daisy-chan shakes her head then goes to cry with Iowna and Cash.

Old March 26th 16, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

squiffer wanderer wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with
cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Thank you. Our group started right here, during the Rppc wars over
meowchat. We, all of us, fought that one bravely and well, and we won.

Of all of us, Melissa maintained the closest ties with you. She loved
this group and looked forward each year to the ball. She celebrated
the remembrance of each cat who died, and placed their name and
family on the wall of remembrance, which she created.

Each death hurt her, and each cat was reverently placed on the wall.
The calling of the names at the ball was crucial to her. You, and I,
and all our cats lived in her heart. Melissa had a very very big
heart.

Please take a few moments to remember her, and , perhaps, make a
little home for her in your hearts.

I stepped in last year to help with the ball. She had all the names to
announce and i added a few then she showed me how to put my own touch
in it all.

I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
continue.

Meantime, rest assured Melissa has awoken at her side of life. She's
probably getting swarmed by many of our friends but the most persistant
must be Aunti Mabel!

Old March 26th 16, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
continue.

I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.

Dan

Old March 27th 16, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

That would be much appreciated, Dan.

Anti Sandy
Old March 27th 16, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
squiffer wanderer

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 5:06:10 PM UTC-5, Dan Mahoney wrote:
I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
continue.

I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.

Dan

That is extremely kind and thoughtful of you, and very on the money. IT was heavy on our minds also, so we, meaning our tiny group who sprang from here,who are fortunate enough to have a very tech savvy lady, Jan, who found a way to download and capture both Melissa's website, and the Wall. We all chipped in to fund it, Melissa said it was closest to her heart, so we found it unacceptable not continue it, forever, if we can.

Since you have a long time FB presence and also a consistent presence here, I wonder if you might be available to be a reporter representing RPC and FB?

I can't imagine how we would keep up with all the deaths otherwise.

Kathy Gittel
Old March 27th 16, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
squiffer wanderer

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 4:08:09 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Yes, I remember. She was already sick at that point, but quite certain she'd overcome it as she had in the past.

Yes, and also Omar, who was her special cat.

But I'd much prefer her to be right here where she belonged, for at least another 20 years.

Cancer is a loathsome disease.

Old March 27th 16, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie Terrell

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 6:06:10 PM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
continue.

I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.

Dan

Dan, we are already working on that now. The Wall will not go away. We know she would have wished it to continue on.
Ellie
Old March 27th 16, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
SnowballPickleMuzaffer

In article , squiffer
wanderer says...

[...]

I didn't realize she was sick at that point. We were on another email list
together and the last posts from her there were in November.

Also don't forget Mietze (It's Me...Mietze!) who used to read the names for many
years.

Stacey

Old March 27th 16, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 3:06:10 PM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
continue.

I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.

Dan

Thank you for your generous offer, Dan, but a group of us that have known, loved, and knew her well since 1996 have copied the site and are in the process of creating a duplicate where people will be able to go and submit their lost ones, of whatever fur purrsasion and have them posted. Please give us a bit of time, we have a very experienced person working on this problem. Thank you very much for caring about Melissa. -Melinda