Espy not eating

Old August 3rd 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Espy Update - home and happy

Suddenly, without warning, dgk exclaimed (8/3/2009 8:25 AM):
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:36:18 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote

Espy was VERY happy to be home and immediately wanted to go into the
backyard, so the brood spent a few hours outside until dinner time.
He's really completely back to normal except just a bit more
affectionate than before. Either he appreciates his fine medical care
or is afraid that I'm going to subject him to some more.

No, he missed you! My little Gracie is sooo sweet when I come home from a
few days away, would be doubly so if she were at the vet!

I'm supposed to do a follow up urine culture and maybe liver profile
so I think he is going to get some more attention. I can't figure out
how I'm going to get him to pee in a cup.

haha! You don't have to, the vet will extract the urine.

I maybe got lucky. I was by the litterbox and Espy went in and
squatted I grabbed an (hopefully) empty Fancy Feast container and put
it under his butt just as he started peeing. I put it in the refrig
and dropped it off at the vet next morning. Now all I have to do is
hope that it wasn't too contaminated by the remains of Fancy Feast.
Same goes for the urinalysis. If I get really strange results then I
can ignore them and I'm just out the cash.

Results should be in today.

Unfortunately, it'll be too old to tell much from. Cat urine starts
creating crystals within an hour, even refrigerated. They'll be able to
tell about white or red blood cells, but won't be able to make a
determination about the crystals.

Which sucks, because Meep always pees in the wee hours of the morning
(pun intended) she she always has to get the cysto needle.

jmc
Old August 5th 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Results from the urinalysis are in and there was nothing significant.
no Fancy Feast seen either. Big victory thus far. The culture isn't
back yet and I'm concerned over that - negative cultures should be
done in 48 hours or so.