Betty's meowmie

Old April 17th 04, 11:59 PM
Takayuki

Default Betty's meowmie

This is bedtime story as told to me by Betty. I don't know whether
it's based on fact or is fictional.

When I was just a little kitten, my meowmie picked me. She looked at
all my brothers and sisters and said that I was the best behaved. I
wouldn't tire her out or bite or scratch. She picked me up and I
snuggled against her cheek and purred.

From then on, my meowmie was always with me. I loved my meowmie and
spent all my time with her. I would nap in her lap as she sat in her
chair, and sleep on top of her when she lay in bed. She was almost
always in her chair or in bed, so I never needed to sleep on anywhere
but on meowmie. She told me that I was good kitten, and I purred.

As I grew into an adolescent kitten, meowmie told me that my being on
her all the time was bad for her circulation, but she was just
kidding. She needed to rest more than before, so we spent more time
napping together. Meowmie said that I was a good, quiet kitty, and
that I never woke her up, except when I washed my bum while sitting on
her tummy.

One day, someone came to visit meowmie. Meowmie tearfully told me
that we had to part. Meowmie had to go somewhere that takes care of
hoomins, but places that take care of kitties are different. I was
put in a carrier and I cried and cried for my meowmie.

At the kitty shelter, I was put in a little cage. There were lots of
strange smells and noises. There were lots of other kitties, but I
couldn't see them very well because they were in their own cages. The
hoomins there kept my cage very clean, and fed me good food, but I
wanted meowmie, and I wanted a pillow. I used my litter pan for a
pillow, even though it was kind of hard.

Sometimes, people would visit. Sometimes, they would even look at me,
but I stayed in the back of the cage. There was no place to hide, and
it was all still very new and scary. Still, I loved it when hoomins
scritched me. Meowmie had always scritched me.

One day, daddy came. I didn't know yet that he was daddy. He would
stay at the shelter for a long time, and he gave me lots of scritches.
He told me that I was a very good and beautiful kitty, and he even
took pictures of me at the shelter, and put them my own web page!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/shelter1.html

Daddy finally took me home - a new home, and I was so happy! Life is
like an adventure. Just like with meowmie, I sleep on daddy's lap,
and on daddy's tummy, though not as much as before with meowmie.
Daddy moves and plays more than meowmie did, and he seems more like
another kitty than a hoomin sometimes. He showed me how to sleep in
the sunshine in front of the window, how to catch bugs, and how to
play with the cat dancer.

So daddy is very different from how meowmie was, but I think I love
them both the same. I sometimes wonder where meowmie is, and I wish I
could tell her that I'm okay.

Old April 18th 04, 12:26 AM
Christine Burel

Lovely story -- give Betty some scritches from us -- you are both so lucky
to have each other!
Christine
"Takayuki" wrote in message
This is bedtime story as told to me by Betty. I don't know whether
it's based on fact or is fictional.

When I was just a little kitten, my meowmie picked me. She looked at
all my brothers and sisters and said that I was the best behaved. I
wouldn't tire her out or bite or scratch. She picked me up and I
snuggled against her cheek and purred.

From then on, my meowmie was always with me. I loved my meowmie and

Old April 18th 04, 01:34 AM
Cheryl

Takayuki dumped this in
on 17 Apr 2004:

So daddy is very different from how meowmie was, but I think I love
them both the same. I sometimes wonder where meowmie is, and I wish I
could tell her that I'm okay.

What a sweet story. Betty, your meowmie knows you are loved. I know she
does, in her heart she knows.

--
Cheryl

Old April 18th 04, 01:36 AM
Hopitus2

I sure liked that Betty story! Arigato, dude.

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
: Lovely story -- give Betty some scritches from us -- you are both so lucky
: to have each other!
: Christine
: ...
:
: When I was just a little kitten, my meowmie picked me. She looked at
: all my brothers and sisters and said that I was the best behaved. I
: wouldn't tire her out or bite or scratch. She picked me up and I
: snuggled against her cheek and purred.
:
: From then on, my meowmie was always with me. I loved my meowmie and

Old April 18th 04, 01:43 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Takayuki at
wrote on 4/17/04 5:59 PM:

This is bedtime story as told to me by Betty. I don't know whether
it's based on fact or is fictional.

When I was just a little kitten, my meowmie picked me. She looked at
all my brothers and sisters and said that I was the best behaved. I
wouldn't tire her out or bite or scratch. She picked me up and I
snuggled against her cheek and purred.

From then on, my meowmie was always with me. I loved my meowmie and
[...]

Awwwwwwww. I wish you could tell her too.

Karen

Old April 18th 04, 03:08 AM
Jo Firey

When we got Rosie a year ago, I realized this was the first pet we had
acquired that has a good possibility of outliving one or both of us.

Kind of an unnerving thought. Just get past needing guardians for the kids
and now need them for the fur babies.

Jo
"Takayuki" wrote in message
This is bedtime story as told to me by Betty. I don't know whether
it's based on fact or is fictional.

When I was just a little kitten, my meowmie picked me. She looked at
all my brothers and sisters and said that I was the best behaved. I
wouldn't tire her out or bite or scratch. She picked me up and I
snuggled against her cheek and purred.

From then on, my meowmie was always with me. I loved my meowmie and