American Idol guy & Cats

Old November 23rd 03, 06:46 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Judy F" wrote in message
t...
Oh dear, excuse me for missing the part where you mentioned the power in

the
word "evil".

I believe I wrote "Young people like them use "evil" as an adjective as
often as people use the word "nice" with the same *****dillution of
meaning*****." That you missed it makes it clear that you are not really
reading my posts with the intent to understand them. Instead, you read them
through a cloud of anger and reply to them in the same manner.

Just because you have students (is this supposed to impress
us...?)

Why would I think (or care if) this would impress you? I mentioned my
students because they are young (around the age of the target audience of
CA) and they are the ones I have heard use "evil" in such a fashion. They
are "proof", if you will, that a casual attitude towards "evil" does exist
(and lest you misread this, I said *does exist* not *exists in everyone*).
Although many sit-coms and comedy shows (such as Friends and Kids in the
Hall) also use the word "evil" very casually so it's not just teenagers who
do so.

who use this word indiscriminately, this is no proof (as you should
know) that the majority of his fans feel that way.

True, nor do you have proof that they don't. Since you mentioned joining
and posting a message on his boards, why not ask them how they feel about
the word "evil" and what they believed CA meant with his comments? And if
any of them took his comments seriously (i.e. if they would begin to hate
cats and believe they were Satan because of them).

Further, you should know
from social psychological studies that the more a person, or in this case
animals are turned into objects, the easier it is for people to feel free

harm them without feeling remorse.

I don't recall anyone objectifying cats. Not even CA in his "controversial"
comments.

As for your supercilious comment about your "informal socio-psychological
study" it shows that you are not a very good researcher...

There was nothing supercilious in that comment whatsoever, nor is it
possible to make any conclusions on my research skills based on it.

I learned in the
early years of graduate study that a subject pool of one is not a reliable
source of information.

I mentioned my hypotheses were made based on *your* behaviour. It is very
possible to have a study based on one person, as long as the conclusions
pertain only to that one person. I have not applied my conclusions to
others; they are made only about you based on your posts. It seems that
others don't care about my initial thoughts, felt they were inaccurate so
don't feel the need to waste energy getting upset about them, or even think
there was some truth in them. You're the only one getting angry enough to
offer retorts. Of course, by now others are probably getting tired of this
game.

You are clearly a person with an undeserved
superiority complex.
Judy F

Pot.

rona

Old November 23rd 03, 06:46 PM
Cat Protector

Laura,

I think you have a problem with people who stand up for the rights of cats.
Amazing how you are using this thread to attack me? I guess because I am the
most vocal. It is so sad that you say in one breath how you don't like Clay
Aiken but will also seemingly defend his fans as well. I am a cat lover who
believes in defending the feline position. If you don't like it you can just
killfile me. I know you are going into my killfile since you simply are not
even worth bothering with.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Laura R." wrote in message
Not in CP's world. There are fanatics on both sides of the fence.

Laura
--
Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action.
-Goethe

Old November 23rd 03, 06:47 PM
Judy F

Here is the quote, go to RollingStone.com, put Clay Aiken in the search box,
go to news articles and one of them has the following:

"Though the barb was Triumph's own, PETA went along thanks in part to
comments that Aiken made in a recent Rolling Stone article. "I think cats
are Satan," Aiken said. "There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When
I was about sixteen, I had a kitten and ran over it. Seeing that cat die, I
actually think that its spirit has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats
before. But now they scare me to death."

Apparently he did say it.
Judy F

"Laura R." wrote in message
.net...
circa Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:30:12 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Cat Protector ) said,
Of course we have all
seen him in interviews on TV and print where he calls cats "Satan" and

such.

No, we all haven't. Some of us don't give a rat's ass about that
stupid show and the stupid "singers" it produces. And as far as I've
seen, you are the only one claiming to have seen an interview where
he refers to cats as "Satan".

I have no interest in the twerp whatsoever, and while I really don't
like it when *anybody* expresses dislike or hatred or fear of cats
because it's a stupid, irrational thing to say, I would prefer that
you try to keep the hyperbole down for once. You display the very
traits you assign to Clay Aiken's freakish little fanatics.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.

Old November 23rd 03, 06:50 PM
Cat Protector

Let me see, I am not the only cat lover who didn't like what Aiken said. If
it seemed that I was speaking for all I apologize oh great Laura. I however,
will not just bury my head in the sand like you seem to do.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Laura R." wrote in message
"We" who? You and your two cats? Please quit professing your behavior
and opinions as speaking for all, wingnut.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.