Abelard's new bed

Old December 19th 05, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Abelard's new bed

The other day after Abelard returned from his long absence I was so glad to
see him that I got him a very soft, new, small bed. Of course he refused to
sleep in it. Eli was the first to test it out, but he's so big that every
time he stretched the bed would tip over and dump him out! But he finally
figured out that if he'd just curl into a small ball that worked. Then Tommy
tried it out and seemed to like it a lot. Tommy's just a tad smaller than
Eli but he didn't go through the tipping phase - maybe he learned by
watching Eli...

So Tommy and Eli alternated using the new Abelard bed. Nobody else got it it
at all. Then today for the first time Abelard used it. There was a LOT of
room to spare! He changed positions two or three times and seemed quite
contented in there.

Old December 19th 05, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, good for Abelard
Maybe his new bed will keep him from wanderlust for a while.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 19th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote

aw, good for Abelard
Maybe his new bed will keep him from wanderlust for a while.
Lily & her mama

He was in the bed when I got up this morning. He's still in it right now.
The color goes well with his fur color

Now if he'll just refrain from peeing in it for a while...

Old December 19th 05, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
The other day after Abelard returned from his long absence I was so glad to
see him that I got him a very soft, new, small bed.

DP and I got a medium sized fluffy dog bed for Simba last week. It is
so cute to see him curled up and content. I think the wood floors are
cold for him to sleep on and he rarely gets up on the furniture, so it
seemed a good idea. He even pushed it under the coffee table so he has
a little cave to sleep in. The only bad thing is he WILL NOT let
Pepper in to it! Even if Simba wants to be on the floor or is in
another room, he chases Pepper away form "his" bed if Pepper tries
to get in. In retaliation Pepper jumps up on the red couch and sheds
black hair all over it :P And yes....Simba is fluffy gentlemen and
requires a medium sized dog bed.

Jemfur, Simba and Pepper

Old December 20th 05, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .

"Irulan" wrote

aw, good for Abelard
Maybe his new bed will keep him from wanderlust for a while.
Lily & her mama

He was in the bed when I got up this morning. He's still in it right now.
The color goes well with his fur color

Now if he'll just refrain from peeing in it for a while...

He pees in his bed? Why?

Tweed

Old December 20th 05, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

He was in the bed when I got up this morning. He's still in it right now.
The color goes well with his fur color

Now if he'll just refrain from peeing in it for a while...

He pees in his bed? Why?

He did it to his previous bed and didn't tell me why. I tried to wash out
the smell but it took time, and meanwhile part of the foam disappeared.
Maybe he just didn't like the old bed... Whenever he pees outside the
litterbox, it's always where it's easy to clean up and didn't harm anything
important. I guess he judged that bed as unimportant.

Old December 20th 05, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

So Tommy and Eli alternated using the new Abelard bed. Nobody else got it it
at all. Then today for the first time Abelard used it. There was a LOT of
room to spare! He changed positions two or three times and seemed quite
contented in there.///

I bought a kitty bean-bag in 2000, and Robbie claimed it immediately. No
other cat has ever been allowed on HIS bean-bag, and to be fair they all
respected that it was his. That been bag started in London, went to
Belize and is now in America. It will be coming home to Cardiff in
April. It must be the world most well travelled bean bag! Robbie has
about 20 other beds through the house, but he *LOVES* that bean bag. )

Helen M

Old December 21st 05, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

He was in the bed when I got up this morning. He's still in it right
now. The color goes well with his fur color

Now if he'll just refrain from peeing in it for a while...

He pees in his bed? Why?

He did it to his previous bed and didn't tell me why. I tried to wash out
the smell but it took time, and meanwhile part of the foam disappeared.
Maybe he just didn't like the old bed... Whenever he pees outside the
litterbox, it's always where it's easy to clean up and didn't harm
anything important. I guess he judged that bed as unimportant.

That's very strange. Almost all animals will never foul their beds unless
they are ill. My dogs didn't do it (all 11 of them) and neither do my cats.
I am surprised that Abelard does it. He will not have judged his bed as
unimportant, (they don't think like that) there will have been another
reason he peed on it and it's up to you as meowmie to find out what that
reason is.

Tweed

Old December 21st 05, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

He pees in his bed? Why?

He did it to his previous bed and didn't tell me why. I tried to wash out
the smell but it took time, and meanwhile part of the foam disappeared.
Maybe he just didn't like the old bed... Whenever he pees outside the
litterbox, it's always where it's easy to clean up and didn't harm
anything important. I guess he judged that bed as unimportant.

That's very strange. Almost all animals will never foul their beds unless
they are ill. My dogs didn't do it (all 11 of them) and neither do my
cats. I am surprised that Abelard does it. He will not have judged his
bed as unimportant, (they don't think like that) there will have been
another reason he peed on it and it's up to you as meowmie to find out
what that reason is.

Abelard never used the old bed. Nobody ever did, except when Abelard peed in
it one time. I kinda doubt he would even remember now why he did it, or even
that the bed ever existed. It was almost three years ago.