OT Celebration

Old January 14th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default OT Celebration

You all are some of my most long-time friends and have offered
encouragement and condolence when necessary and sympathy and even a
shoulder to cry on when necessary. You know some of my secrets as
well as not- so secret events in my life. So it seems only natural
that I would come to you first (after DH and the cats) to celebrate 6
whole months without smoking a cigarette. DH was going to take me to
Chops or Lobster Bar in downtown Altanta to celebrate but we had
events downtown that were estimated to bring over 100,000 people
downtown. We through we'd avoid that and went in the other direction
and celebrated at Bonefish Grill. We began our meal with bang bang
shrimp and I had a cup of lump crab and corn chowder. Ummm Ummm For
an entree I enjoyed Chilean Sea Bass with warm mango salsa and
potatoes au gratin. We waited until we got home for dessert since we
were both full. When I got home and rested a while I enjoyed a bowl
of peppermint ice cream. I couldn't have celebrated 6 months smoke
free any better. What was really exciting was having Lacey come visit
me and realizing the white of the fur around her neck is snowy white,
not tinged with yellow any longer.I realize every day will be a
challenge and I can never let my guard down. Cigarettes travel in
packs and you can't smoke one without smoking the pack and then the
rest of the family so I just won't. After 35 years I'm just happy to
believe I've left that habit behind.

Yeah!
Julie
Old January 14th 08, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

When my husband was alive, he was a three pack a dayer smoker. I had cold
after cold and hacked as bad as he. He quit three years before he died and,
over those three years my health greatly improved. Now, I have almost no
colds and feel better. Your family must be so proud of you as I am. Not
only your health should be better but, those who got the second hand smoke
should get a blessing as well. Congratulations and strength for the rough
spots as you may encounter them.

Old January 14th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

That is wonderful, Julie! Congratulations! Six months is well deserving of
a celebration. I fully expect to hear about more celebrations down the
road, now that you've proved you can do it.

Joy

Old January 14th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

Congratulations! :-D

I just passed 5 years. This is the site that helped me quit-
http://whyquit.com/joel/index.html
I read the articles, thought about it, decided, then quit the next day.
The secret was to read all the articles, even though it was repetitive.

Remember, never take another puff!

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:38:03 -0800 (PST), GaDragonfly

Old January 14th 08, 08:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Congratulations to you, too!

--
Joy

"Listen for differences. Seek them out. Don't surround yourself only with
those who see the world as you do." - Grant Cornwell

Old January 14th 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Jan 14, 12:38*am, GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

WOO HOO!!!!

Julie, you rock!!

I know it hasn't been easy for you, but you've made it. It will still
be rough at times, but you can overcome the urges. Does cigarette
smoke smell nasty to you now? Do you find yourself avoiding smokers
like they have some terrible disease, even if you swore you wouldn't
be like other ex-smokers and will still hang out with them? Have you
noticed that the air smells cleaner and that there are wonderful as
well as terrible scents out there? Whatever, you'll do fine now.

Pam S. who remembers the wonder of refinding the world after quitting.
Old January 14th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

GaDragonfly wrote:
You all are some of my most long-time friends and have offered
encouragement and condolence when necessary and sympathy and even a
shoulder to cry on when necessary. You know some of my secrets as
well as not- so secret events in my life. So it seems only natural
that I would come to you first (after DH and the cats) to celebrate 6
whole months without smoking a cigarette.

snip

Congratulations Julie! Just over six years for me so I know how hard it is
for you, just think of all the money you've saved for cat treats. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 14th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

[...]

Con grats Julie. You dinner sounds good too. Did you take home a
kittybag?

Suz&Spicey
Old January 14th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

GaDragonfly wrote:
rest of the family so I just won't. After 35 years I'm just happy to
believe I've left that habit behind.

Congratulations!!!

Victor, also a former smoker, now 10 years (or so) smoke-free.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 14th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:38:03 -0800 (PST) GaDragonfly wrote:

(snip) So it seems only natural
that I would come to you first (after DH and the cats) to celebrate 6
whole months without smoking a cigarette. (snip)

Yeah!
Julie

Congratulations! Your masters will greatly profit: not having to buy
any more cigaretts means more and/or better treats for the cats...

Keep it up!! Micha

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with furballs Merlin and Mark