Remembering a past adventure

Old January 27th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

Default Remembering a past adventure

Since Pi2nya's winking is coming up I figgered it would apurrpriate to
tell everykitty a story that has so far been a secret. Itz a story of
adbenture.

Back when I asked da bootiful Lilith to be mine wink, and Tiger asked the
loverly Anais, we bof figgered dat we needed to do somefing special fur
our kitty-winks. It makes sense dat bootiful kitties need bootiful fings,
so we decided dat we needed to get special bewinking collars fur our
winks, and special medallions fur da collars.

Tiger an me searched all over lookin fur da bestest places. We 'ported to
places all over da world, an we finally finded a old hoomin craftsman in
Spain who could make da collars out of fine, soft leather. We gived him
da sizes and our winks' colors, and him said him would haf da collars
ready in a few weeks.

Den we had to find where to get da medallions made. We visited Furmany,
an Italy, an Furrance, an lotz o offur places. But da bestest we could
find was in Eye-r-land. So we ported to Eye-r-land an bisited all da
jewelers we could find. After we had spended lots an lots of days looking
at lots of stuff we finded a little village dat camed highly recommended.
Craftsmen from all over da world had mentioned dis little village. So we
went dere and spended some time in da kitty-pubs, trying to figger out
who was da bestest jeweler of all.

It was in one of da liddle kitty-pubs dat we meeted a one-eyed tuxedo cat
named Seamus. Him telled us about da bestest hoomin jeweler in town, but
da way him said it suggested dat dere was a even betterer jeweler, but
one not necessarily hoomin. We buyed him a lot of nip ale an finally
getted him to tell us da legend of the Kitties from Below.

It seems dat dere is a hill outside of town wif some caves in it. One of
dese caves goes furry deep into da hill, and kitties who go into da cave
usually don't come back again. And every full moon a band of mysterious
kitties comes out of da cave into da forests and stay out til da next
night, den dey go back into da cave. Strange fings happen in da village
da day dat da strange kitties is out, but Seamus wouldn't tell us what
kind of strange fings.

Anyhow, dese mysterious kitties is supposed to eb da best jewelers ever!
Dey wears some bootiful gold an silfur jewelry, and dey makes it all
demselves. Da problem is dat dey don't haf nuffing to do with regular
kitties. Local legend says dat a local kitty who encounters one of da
mysterious kitties will disappear.

Tiger an me discussed fings, an we figgered dat dese kitties would be da
logical choice fur da makers of our wink's medallions, an we just needed
to gif dem reasons to not want to make us disappear. Dere had to be fings
dat dey wanted an couldn't get dat we could supply dem. So we figgered
out how to approach dem, and stocked up on supplies. Da next night was
supposed to be da full moon!

So just as da sun was going down Tiger an me marched up da hill and
sitted down right outside da cave dat da Magical Kitties was supposed to
come out of. We din't want to surprise dem so we builded a small fire,
and we wanted to make dem feel welcome so we putted a turkey-bird on da
fire to roast. We was sitting dere quietly meowning to ourselves, keepin
ours eyes open fur da appearance of da kitties. One moment we was looking
at da empty cave, and da furry next moment we was surrounded by kitties!
Dere was a whole ring of kitties around us, an dey was all hissing and
yeowling. Den a big orange kitty stepped forward and raised one paw, an
all da offur kitties got quiet. Him stood in front of us an said "You
kitties have to come to a very dangerous place. All residents of this
area have been warned to leave our territory unmolested, yet here you
are. What is the meaning of this? Have you no desire to remain in this
world?"

Tiger said "We don't mean any disrespect, and we don't wish to
inconvenience you. We bring you a request, and we offer you a trade."

Da big orange cat said "Continue."

I said "We are from Catmerica, an we travelled all dis way to find
da bestest craftsmen in dis world or da next. We is engaged to get
winked to da mostest bootiful girl cats in da world, and we is
hoping dat you will craft bewinking medallions for dem. In return
we offers you fings dat you prolly can't get. We brings you lots of
sammon-fishie - many pounds of it, in refrigelators so dey won't spoil.
We brings you turkeybirds. We brings you special hoomin-detectors
designed by mine sisfur so you can find even hidden hoomins. An we
brings you our pledge dat we will nefur reveal to any creature,
kitty, human, or offurwise, da location of yours cave."

Da big orange kitty then said "Your offer is interesting, but we have
a long tradition. Kitties of the Second World don't deal with kitties
of the First World - this is as it has always been. We could indeed
use the wonderful foods you offer, but we have no precedent to guide
us."

Tiger den suggested dat all of da magical kitties sit down an haf
some of da turkeybird, since it was just getting done and smelled
really, really, really good. Da big orange kitty nodded his head,
so all da kitties approached, cautiously sampled da turkeybird,
den dey dug in. We bof den taked pikchoors of our loverly winks
out of our pockets and showed dem around.

Da big orange kitty said dat him would talk to da offur kitties and
see what dey wanted to do. But, him said, if we wanted to deal wif
da Kitties of da Second World we would have to spend da night in
dere place. So we agreed to do so. Da big orange kitty taked us
into da cave while da offur kitties all ran off to da forest. Him
leaded us into absolute darkness where even our kitty vision wasn't
no help. Dere was passages an tunnels going efurry which way, and we
catched glimpses of big, open rooms as we walked past. Some of dem had
candles glowing, but some of dem was lit wif a soft glow dat didn't seem
to have any source dat we could see. We got leaded to a a room wif a
candle burning in it, wif nice soft cushions an lidder boxes. We settled
in and talked bout our bewinking plans, den we falled asleep.

We sleeped all fru da night. When we waked up dere was dishes of yummy
kitty food fur us. A kitty wif all black fur comed to get us, and him was
carrying a candle so we could see where we was going. Him lead us fru
some twisty passages to a big, heavy wooden door. Da door had strange
symbols carved on it, and some of dem sort of glowed! It was furry cool.
Him pulled da door open and said we should go in.

Tiger an me was bof kind of worried. We was on da ground level of a big
round room. Dere was a couple of levels of floors higher den the floor we
was on, and dey circled the whole room. Dere was benches, sort of like
judges benches, all around da room on the higher levels. Dere was about a
dozen kitties sitting dere, most of dem furry old. Da red cat from da
night before stood up and talked to us.

"My name is Aed, and I am the spokescat for the Council. We have
discussed your request, and we have just a few questions for you. Samuel,
will you vow to never tell the secret of our location, under pain of
death, to any living creature, for as long as you live?"

I said "I abso-purr-lutely do!"

Him then said "Tiger, will you vow to never tell the secret of our
location, under pain of death, to any living creature, for as long as you
live?"

Tiger said "I certainly do!"

Den Aed said "Samuel, Tiger, will you both vow to love the girlcats to
which you are enwinked for the rest of your lives, to protect them and
cherish them always, and to offer up your life for hers if it is ever
required of you?"

Tiger an I bof meowed togeffur "Yes, we do".

Den Aed said "The council has discussed your request, and what you are
offering in exchange. There is no precedent in our history to guide us,
so we had much to consider." Him picked up da pictures we had shown him
of Lilith and Anais and handed dem back to us. "We agree that your
ladycats are of exceptional beauty, and they are worthy of exquisite
adornment. We will produce the medallions you request. Each ladycat shall
have a one-of-a-kind piece designed for her, crafted just for her. This
work will require a month's work from all of our craftsmen. You will be
escorted back to the First World. Return to the mouth of our cave in one
month's time, and we will present you with what you have requested."

Da black kitty dat lead us to the meeting room comed back in, den him
lead us back to da surface. We teleported back home and took part in da
Community activities, and nefur told nokitty where we had been. Den, a
monf later, we ported back. Just as da moon rose straight overhead 6
kitties appeared at da mouf of da cave. Dey walked up to us and handed
Tiger an me each a wooden box. We opened up da boxes and gasped! Da
medallion dey had made fur Lilith was da mostest beautiful fing I ever
saw. It was gold an silfur and had precious stones on it - da moonlight
shimmered and shined, and it looked sort of like it was on fire. Fur
mebbe ten minutes I couldn't hardly breathe it was so purrty! When I
finally tore mine eyes away from it, Tiger an me was along again. Tiger
had just managed to look away from Anais' pendant too - him was also
totally captivated by hers.

Tiger looked around and spotted a parchment scroll on da ground. We
unrolled it and took a look. It read "Masters Tiger and Samuel, you are
hearby extended an invitation to visit the Cats of the Second World any
time you choose to do so. This invitation also extends to your winks. You
are the only mortal cats to whom this invitation has ever been extended."
It was signed with Aed's paw print.

So we picked up our boxes and 'ported back home. At our wedwinks we were
both honored to be able to present our winks with stunningly bootiful
pendants to match their stunningly bootiful selves.

That is the story of how Tiger and me had our own grand adventure. So you
see, Pi2nya, having to pick out a wedwink collar can be a simple task, or
it can be furry, furry exciting!

Sammy
Old January 28th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh mine goodnez. I wud luf to do sumphin like diz for Harri kauze her
deserbes it. I am not az braff as Tiger and Sammy. I haz ta start finkink
bout diz. I wud like to katch da lites from da Rainbow in a pendant for
Harri. I just needz to figguri out how to do dat.

Old January 28th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

while you may not be able to go where we did, I am sure dat der iza pendant
juzt rite when you are ready to find it, Tiger, winking at Sammy and feeling
anofur, if different advenshure coming on,...

Old January 28th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hihi diz iz O T anna I wuden wanna go wher u tu braff kitties went. Butted,
I wudz preciate ur help in fingink a plaze to get a pendant wiff da litez of
da rainbow in itself. We jus kan't tell hari anna beink cats we kan keep
herself from readink postz about it so we kan talk boout it. O T realli
wanting this but not knowing how to bo about it. Piglet slips a paw around
him. It iz ok O T, ur frenz will help u. I knowz how much u realli wantz
diz, don worry.

Old January 28th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

Sumfing like dis?
http://www.mineralminers.com/images/...ms/moog124.jpg

Sundance

Old January 28th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Oh Sammy! Wadda Abvenshur! Awl dat effurt furr da gurlz yuz luff!
Lilith is luky tu hab yu, an Anais iz luky tu hab Tiger!
Sunnydanze, whut du yu tink of Sammyz an Tigerz adbenshur?
An did yu go tu da webbysite tu see whut I seed?
--
Pitô.ônya

Old January 28th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T dances for Joy, datz itself, datz it. Kan I order dat or du I hafta go
and get itselfz. What elze is on dat site. Der waz onlee dat pikture and
Gramby nearliee jumped out of her seat. Her luffz fings like dat.

Old January 28th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh Oh Stormee, itselfz waz bootifulz. It was tealdrop hapez anna had lites
and raibo in it. Piglet thinking it was the prettiest thing she had ever
seen.

"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

Remembering Lizzie Adam[_3_] Cat community 4 December 27th 08 04:08 AM
Remembering Nikki Marina Cat anecdotes 19 May 25th 07 10:02 PM
Remembering DD Dan M Cat anecdotes 10 May 10th 06 10:19 PM
Kate and Jack's Excellent Adventure (and Arthur's Not-So-Excellent Adventure) [email protected] Cat anecdotes 16 November 1st 05 04:21 AM