Science Diet question...

Old December 10th 03, 10:30 PM
Steve Crane

"ChakaShiva" wrote in message . ..
"Steve Crane" a écrit dans le message de news:
"ChakaShiva" wrote in message

"Steve Crane" a écrit dans le message de news:

Exaclty! Just think of all the healthy cats owners who never bother to
post to these forums. Obviosuly people with no problems aren't
spending their time looking for answers to problems they don't have. I
would expect this and other similar NG's to be *very* heavily loaded
with cat owners who *do* have problems, not the opposite.

You are definetely right about that. Spending alot of time reading this
kind of group gives us an unrealistic picture compared to the actual,

global
situation. We can get lost in it easily.
I guess when one does become part of the 0.01% statistic, it is no less
infuriating and it is normal to want to discover and eliminate the

problem.
Since you have these numbers, what is the most common disease in cats

and
statistic for it?

Elaine

Note that the totals exceed 100% as some cats will present with
multiple diagnosis. In descending order from the same study. Diagnosis
of less than 1/2% left off the list.

Feline Weight Management Total 24.6
Feline Oral Health Total 19.12
Feline Renal Disease Total 10.77
Feline GI Total 7.61
Feline Respiratory Disease Total 6.99
Feline Urinary Disease Total 5.77
Feline Ophthalmic Disease Total 5.72
Feline Dermatology Total 4.41
Feline Otic Disease Total 3.13
Feline Behavior Total 2.79
Feline Infectious Disease Total 2.71
Feline Cardiovascular Disease Total 2.6
Feline Musculoskeletal Disease 2.04
Feline Hemapoietic Total 1.14
Feline Neurological Disease Total 0.97
Feline Endocrine Disease Total 0.91
Feline Cancer Total 0.71
Feline Hepatic Disorders Total 0.62
Feline Fiber Responsive Disease 0.59
Feline Metabolic Disease Total 0.18
Feline Adverse Food Reaction Total 0.14
Feline Immune Disorders Total 0.05

Thanks for supplying this. After weight and oral I find some of these
numbers are really high.
What could be really interesting would be to compare these statistics with
that of another country, where feeding is pretty much equal but habits are
different, such as outdoor access and no declaw, like in the UK for
example. The differences might indicate to what degree food is responsible
in keeping the cat healthy or not.

Elaine

Agreed, it would be very interesting information. I'm not aware of a
similar study done in Europe or in Japan. Both would be farily close
in terms of pet ownership, feeding habits etc.
Old December 11th 03, 02:17 AM
PawsForThought

From: (Steve Crane)

I told you miy cats are healthy and you tell me that's dumb luck.

No I said it might be dumb luck that pets feed commercial diets were
healthy - re-read the post.

Oh, well maybe you're right then, LOL.

Of course I was being sarcastic and the
dumb luck can equally be applied to cats fed anything - especially the
Barfista diet which has zero support among the veterinary Diplomates
of the American College of Veterinary Nutrition.

Whatever yawn

Then I tell
you no, you're a dumb ****. You just hate the fact that someone who

doesn't
feed Science Diet has healthy animals.

BS - I could care less what you feed your animals. I do have concerns
when you frequently attempt to suggest solutions to medical problems
that would be very detrimental to the health of the animal.

Like what exactly are you talking about? That I recommend a mostly canned diet
instead of dry kibble? That I advocate a diet appropriate for a carnivore?
That most of all, I don't recommend feeding Science Diet? That's your problem,
admit it.

Obviously
I am not about to let you get away with your obsessive Hill's bashing
either.

I think you bash your competitor pet food companies way more than I've ever
bashed Hill's. The fact is my animals did poorly on it and I'm not about to
hide that fact. If you call that bashing, then go ahead.

The long list of clearly disoriented comments you made about
that are well observed by everyone who ever frequents this NG.

Let's see that would be you, Phil and Gaubster. Do you really think I care
what you guys think of me? Geez

When
you quit with your obsessive and false comments about Hill's products,
and stop offering dangerous advice to newbies on this NG, you will
hear very little from me.

Nothing false about what I said about Science Diet, Steve. If I thought it was
a good food, I'd say so. But for my animals, it was crappy food that
definitely caused them problems. I even got out my deceased cat's medical
records to prove it. Problems that went away once those cats were switched to
another brand of food. I'm not the only one in this newsgroup whose animals
did poorly on it either. I know your purpose in this group is to switch people
over to Hill's products, per your employer's instructions no doubt. Sorry I
can't join in though. It just didn't work for my animals and I feel I'd be
remiss in recommending it when my previous cats did so poorly on it. Maybe it
works for some animals, but it sure didn't for mine. Now rant and rave all you
want, but that's the bottom line.

I know if I posted in a legal newsgroup (my field),

Why am I not surprised. Two fields that are light years apart, one
deals with hard science and the other with whatever lies are needed to
win a case. There was a time I had some respect for lawyers, but I was
only 12 years old then and didn't know better.

LOL, gee, now my feelings are really hurt.

Grow up, Steve. You are so childish.
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old December 11th 03, 02:17 AM
PawsForThought

Old December 11th 03, 02:30 AM
Cheryl

In om,
Steve Crane composed with style:

[Hill's sales]
just based on Hills/SD marketing statistics
will do)

Cheryl, that kind of information is proprietary and is not released.

Why?

BTW - 99 undiagnosed out of 100 is pulling stats out of your ass.

No, I gave you hard numbers and you refused to accept them. You
chose
to pull perceptions "out of your ass" instead. My stats are backed
up
with hard data published in a peer reviewed medical journal.

The fact still remains that if a problem is "unknown", it can't be
counted in your stats. I am not mad at your so-called stats; I just
don't believe them. I don't believe your stat collectors have the
entire data set to come to that conclusion. If it helps your company
comprise diets, so be it. A great deal of those with problems are
coming up with their own diets now.

Old December 12th 03, 12:30 AM
GAUBSTER2

From: olitter (PawsForThought)

Of course I was being sarcastic and the
dumb luck can equally be applied to cats fed anything - especially the
Barfista diet which has zero support among the veterinary Diplomates
of the American College of Veterinary Nutrition.

Whatever yawn

Lauren, since you've admitted that you're "in" the legal profession it helps me
understand you a little better.....you won't let facts get in the way of a good
story!

BS - I could care less what you feed your animals. I do have concerns
when you frequently attempt to suggest solutions to medical problems
that would be very detrimental to the health of the animal.

Like what exactly are you talking about? That I recommend a mostly canned
diet
instead of dry kibble? That I advocate a diet appropriate for a carnivore?
That most of all, I don't recommend feeding Science Diet? That's your
problem,
admit it.

Objection! You're leading the witness!

Obviously
I am not about to let you get away with your obsessive Hill's bashing
either.

I think you bash your competitor pet food companies way more than I've ever
bashed Hill's. The fact is my animals did poorly on it and I'm not about to
hide that fact. If you call that bashing, then go ahead.

Perhaps you would like to provide some EVIDENCE that he has done this? I've
actually seen Steve recommend a couple of other brands that weren't Hill's.
But again, those pesky facts get in your way, don't they?

When
you quit with your obsessive and false comments about Hill's products,
and stop offering dangerous advice to newbies on this NG, you will
hear very little from me.

If I thought it was
a good food, I'd say so. But for my animals, it was crappy food that
definitely caused them problems.

No, you made them up!

I even got out my deceased cat's medical
records to prove it.

Actually, no proof was provided, just your "word" on it.

I know your purpose in this group is to switch people
over to Hill's products, per your employer's instructions no doubt.

Again, you're lying! You've seen Steve's "disclaimers" many times, yet you
convienently ignore that fact!

It just didn't work for my animals and I feel I'd be
remiss in recommending it when my previous cats did so poorly on it.

Nobody's asking for YOUR recommendation.

Maybe it
works for some animals, but it sure didn't for mine.

It works great on both my dog and cat!

Grow up, Steve. You are so childish.

At least he doesn't call you names and use the f-word like you and your ilk!
Old December 12th 03, 12:30 AM
GAUBSTER2