My cat stands on me when I sleep.

Old June 29th 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lucy707 via CatKB.com

Default My cat stands on me when I sleep.

When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing over
me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old). Does
this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it as a
compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Could
this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't know.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Old June 29th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article 627c156bc7958@uwe, lucy707 via CatKB.com u23450@uwe wrote:
When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing over
me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old). Does
this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it as a
compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Could
this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't know.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!

If I forget to leave food out for him, Bubba will lick my eyelids while I'm
sleeping early in the morning to remind me of my heinous forgetfulness.

Claude
Old June 29th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zigzag-man

lucy707 via CatKB.com wrote:
When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing over
me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old). Does
this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it as a
compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Could
this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't know.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!

mine does this too

I kind of taught it to her, sometimes she gets off track kneading the
mattress
i have to put her back on track

as in, "I said git back on the job"

my goal is to get my legs rubbed for free every night

Old June 30th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhino

"lucy707 via CatKB.com" u23450@uwe wrote in message
When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing
over
me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old).
Does
this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it
as a
compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Could
this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't
know.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!

When my cat stands on me, it means one of two things:
1. If it's anywhere close to breakfast time, it's a request for me to get up
and put food in her bowl. (She is sometimes an hour or even two hours early
though so I just ignore her.)
2. If it's the middle of the night and she is purring, she wants to be
stroked. She doesn't like being picked up at any time and only tolerates
stroking when she is lying down WITHOUT being held. She is also very
self-conscious about being stroked when the other cat in the house is around
so she comes to me in the middle of the night when she wants to be stroked.
She is not shy about waking me up for affection either!

Perhaps that is what your kitten means too?

--
Rhino

Old June 30th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Mine usually means:

Wake up!

: