Scan results

Old May 3rd 12, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Scan results

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
Medicare is the health care plan we have for retired people. You pay
into it throughout your working life, and then you get your healthcare
paid for once you retire. Sound familiar? I still don't think it's as
comprehensive as NHS, but at least people can get reasonable health
care - which, at retirement age, most of us need.

What happens if you get seriously ill before you retire? as I did.
Our system provides healthcare at any age.
Tweed

You rely on whatever medical insurance you may have - if any. A lot of
employers are no longer offering it, or only if the employee pays for it.
Also, there are many things Medicare does not cover, so we must pay for a
"supplemental" policy, as well, if we don't want to be bankrupted by a
catastrophic illness. (My Blue Cross Blue Shield Senior F "supplement"
cost me about $2500 a year - and the premium will most likely go up again,
the end of the year.)

That's my point. People can be bankrupted by ill health in the USA or so I
hear.
Tweed

Old May 3rd 12, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Ah, but "then you get the bill"
I am of course not an expert on your medical system but I remember some
people on this group that were afraid to seek medical help when they needed
it because of the cost.
This should never happen.
No-one can help having an accident or an illness.

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
emergcy care is always done, and then you get the bill, EVERY state has
programs for those who can't aford it, and there are private funds like
hill/burton to assist, its notperfect but its not nearly as bad as others
would have you think, also there is the VA which i am quickly becoming an
expert on and medicare for disabled people and most states have an
extremely reasonable priced sceme for children of working people who don't
have healthcare through their employer, my sister for example paid 55.00 a
month for coverage for her children.

Lee

who is sure healthcare could use improvements but its not a broke as some
would have you think

Old May 3rd 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message

Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Is this an optional surgery, or is there any danger of it getting worse
and causing more serious problems? Maybe you can choose not to have it,
or
not to have it now, anyway.

In point of fact, ANY surgery is "optional" in terms of you can refuse to
have it. However, when it will prolong your life, you probably want to
choose it.

True, but it's a medical term, just like "minor surgery". No surgery is
minor to the patient.

Ain't that just the truth. All surgery hurts likes stink.
Some worse than others but any and all is bad for pain.
Trust me on this.

Tweed

Old May 4th 12, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Tweed wrote:

All surgery hurts likes stink. Some worse
than others but any and all is bad for
pain

This is not true. I just had cataract surgery last week. The only pain
was the insertion o the IV needle (in my hand). There was no pain
during or after the surgery.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 4th 12, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Joy" wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
Joy wrote:

Correction: Emergency care is *usually* done. Some hospitals refer
patients to another hospital, rather than treating them there. A few
months
ago, a woman died in a hospital emergency room because she was ignored
by
hospital personnel. She began having seizures and vomited blood. A
janitor
was sent to mop up the blood, while she lay on the floor, dying.

Good god! Where was this?

--
Joyce

At a hospital in Los Angeles County. My daughter, who works for the L.A.
County Dept. of Health, said the excuse given was that the woman frequently
came in and faked various symptoms, hoping to get given drugs. I wonder if
they really thought she faked the vomiting blood.

Joy

When my sister was working as a nurse in a hospital in Arkansas, a young
woman with a bullet in her head was turned away because she had no
insurance.

--
Adrian
Old May 4th 12, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Adrian wrote:

"Joy" wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Yes Adrian, but haven't you heard? It's not as bad here as some people
might say. /sarcasm - in case it's not abundantly obvious

--
Joyce

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
-- Paula Poundstone
Old May 4th 12, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message

Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Is this an optional surgery, or is there any danger of it getting worse
and causing more serious problems? Maybe you can choose not to have it,
or
not to have it now, anyway.

In point of fact, ANY surgery is "optional" in terms of you can refuse
to have it. However, when it will prolong your life, you probably want
to choose it.

True, but it's a medical term, just like "minor surgery". No surgery is
minor to the patient.

Ain't that just the truth. All surgery hurts likes stink.
Some worse than others but any and all is bad for pain.
Trust me on this.

Tweed

Another thing I find annoying is the way doctors avoid saying the word
'pain' when you've had surgery. It's 'post-operative discomfort'. Ha!

Joy

Old May 4th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Tweed wrote:

All surgery hurts likes stink. Some worse
than others but any and all is bad for
pain

This is not true. I just had cataract surgery last week. The only pain
was the insertion o the IV needle (in my hand). There was no pain
during or after the surgery.

---MIKE---

***

My experience was the same, but you've probably found the one exception.

Joy

Old May 4th 12, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

there are of course exceptions to the rule, and a very large lawsuit usually
insues as well, it is a rare occurence, Lee
"Joy" wrote in message
Correction: Emergency care is *usually* done. Some hospitals refer
patients to another hospital, rather than treating them there. A few
months ago, a woman died in a hospital emergency room because she was
ignored by hospital personnel. She began having seizures and vomited
blood. A janitor was sent to mop up the blood, while she lay on the
floor, dying.

--
Joy

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. --
Steven Wright

Old May 4th 12, 10:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

it isn't as bad i don't care how many isolated anchedotes you site, there
are over three hundred million people in the country and some bad people
are in healthcare as in all professions, Lee
"Bastette" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

"Joy" wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Tomorrow, the scan results (OT) Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 14 May 2nd 12 09:48 PM
UPDATE: Purrs for a human - the second scan... [email protected] Cat anecdotes 5 December 29th 07 10:18 PM
Vet Results CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 June 26th 07 04:15 AM
CAT Scan Report Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 23 March 5th 06 05:13 AM
Just for fun - a CAT scan! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 15 July 9th 05 08:48 PM