Día de los Muertos

Old October 28th 05, 06:56 AM
Singh

Default Día de los Muertos

Please include Fritzie (Friedrich Amadeus von Beethoven) of the House of
Singh. Any cat who received telemarketing calls rates remembrance! :-)

Blessed be,
Baha

Yowie wrote in message
As Victor mentioned, Día de los Muertos or "the day of the dead" is fast
approaching. And its meant as a celebration as much as a memorial. It is

not
a day of sadness.

Every year since I've been posting to RPCA, we've had a Día de los Muertos
for our cats (and indeed, any other soul we've wished to honour) that have
gone to Rainbow Bridge before us.

We've listed the pet's name (please mention if they aren't a cat), and

hte
'house' from which they came (their family name). If we don't know the

name
of hte 'house', or do not wish to divulge it, "The house of Bast" was
substituted. And then on Día de los Muertos, we can light a candle and

hold
all the names of our loved and lost in our hearts for a moment, as well as
any other rituals we as individuals feel appropriate (thanks for reminding
me, Victor)

Please add to this list:

Snoopy, house of Chapman
Blackie, house of Chapman
'Drooling Cat', house of Bast
Bowie (d*g), House of Martiska, Watson & Chapman

All v ery much loved and not forgotten,

Yowie

Old October 28th 05, 09:58 AM
Kate

PC, house of Dunn
Toffee, house of Dunn
Treacle, house of Dunn

Thanks,
Kate.

Old October 28th 05, 11:09 AM
Christine K.

Dodi = La Dora av Rosloge (d*g), House of Krühn (almost 30 years ago)
Nera (d*g), House of Krühn-Ketolainen (about 4-5 years ago)

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 28th 05, 01:59 PM
JBHajos

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:59:09 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

Please add to this list:

Philip, Chico, Custard - house of Hajos
Rover, Ruffy (dogs) - house of Hajos
Ozzie (cornsnake RIP 7-05) - house of Hajos

Thanks.

Jeanne
Old October 28th 05, 02:00 PM
Fi

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Please add:

Dino, House of Lotz
Samantha, House of Smith
Felix, House of Lotz-Smith

Three tuxedo cats, sorely missed.

Fi

Old October 28th 05, 02:12 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Figaro (cat)
Bod (cat)
Smokey (cat)
Rosie (cat)
Milo (cat)
Shamus (d*g)
Simba (d*g)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 28th 05, 03:16 PM
Karen

"Adrian" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
[...]

Grant (Gentleman Cat)

Old October 28th 05, 03:17 PM
Exocat

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:59:09 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

Please add to this list:

And from the UK, all House of Douglas:

Suki
Teddy
Happy
Aries
Kensey
Angelmaine Pericles

To be remembered with great pleasure, for the joy they
brought to their keepers.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old October 28th 05, 04:27 PM
Jeanne Hedge

wrote:

We've listed the pet's name (please mention if they aren't a cat), and hte
'house' from which they came (their family name). If we don't know the name
of hte 'house', or do not wish to divulge it, "The house of Bast" was
substituted. And then on Día de los Muertos, we can light a candle and hold
all the names of our loved and lost in our hearts for a moment, as well as
any other rituals we as individuals feel appropriate (thanks for reminding
me, Victor)

Members of the House of Hedge:

Tribble
Tiger

Whiskey (d*g)
Kong (d*g)
Bruno (d*g)
Rocky (d*g)
Duchess (d*g)

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old October 28th 05, 07:21 PM

wrote:

As Victor mentioned, Día de los Muertos or "the day of the dead" is fast
approaching. And its meant as a celebration as much as a memorial. It is not
a day of sadness.

Every year since I've been posting to RPCA, we've had a Día de los Muertos
for our cats (and indeed, any other soul we've wished to honour) that have
gone to Rainbow Bridge before us.

We've listed the pet's name (please mention if they aren't a cat), and hte
'house' from which they came (their family name). If we don't know the name
of hte 'house', or do not wish to divulge it, "The house of Bast" was
substituted. And then on Día de los Muertos, we can light a candle and hold
all the names of our loved and lost in our hearts for a moment, as well as
any other rituals we as individuals feel appropriate (thanks for reminding
me, Victor)

And we Wiccans do something similar for our Samhain ritual on the
31st.

Please add to this list:

Snoopy, house of Chapman
Blackie, house of Chapman
'Drooling Cat', house of Bast
Bowie (d*g), House of Martiska, Watson & Chapman

Karma
Isis
Sonia
Circe
Geesha
Tiki
Mojo
Sabra

All House of Summer

Sabra, who crossed over since last Samhain, is especially missed and
remembered with much love, but all of them are loved and not
forgotten, indeed.

Ginger-lyn

All v ery much loved and not forgotten,

Yowie