Purrs for my Mum

Old November 11th 05, 02:38 PM
Julie Cook

Default Purrs for my Mum

Yowie wrote:

My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

I'm probably late with our surgery purrs but we're sending purrs and
headbutts to your mom for a speedy recovery. I've heard a lot of really
great success stories surrounding hip replacement surgery so we're
hoping that she is one of those stories very soon.

Julie, Hobbes, Selean, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old November 11th 05, 04:16 PM
Jeanette

Yowie wrote in message
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.

If there's any purrs down the back of the lounge or in last year's coat
pockets that you could spare, I'm sure Mum would appreciate them (as would
I).

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has had hip replacement surgery.

We're
all hoping that this will return her life to the active vital one she once
had not so long ago - because her hips were so bad she has been a virtual
invalid for hte last year or so. it was very depressing just to see such a
strong fiesty woman (who was considered for Olympic grade discus once)

being
so crippled by pain, and I really hope that this does the trick.

Yowie

Old November 11th 05, 04:17 PM
Jeanette

Yowie wrote in message
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

Good luck to your mum. A friend of mine had it about five weeks ago, and
although she can't drive or walk very far yet, she can get out and about.

Love

Jeanette

Old November 11th 05, 05:25 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.

If there's any purrs down the back of the lounge or in last year's
coat pockets that you could spare, I'm sure Mum would appreciate them
(as would I).

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has had hip replacement
surgery. We're all hoping that this will return her life to the
active vital one she once had not so long ago - because her hips were
so bad she has been a virtual invalid for hte last year or so. it was
very depressing just to see such a strong fiesty woman (who was
considered for Olympic grade discus once) being so crippled by pain,
and I really hope that this does the trick.

Yowie

Lots of purrs for your mum.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 11th 05, 06:17 PM
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.

If there's any purrs down the back of the lounge or in last year's coat
pockets that you could spare, I'm sure Mum would appreciate them (as would
I).

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has had hip replacement surgery.
We're
all hoping that this will return her life to the active vital one she once
had not so long ago - because her hips were so bad she has been a virtual
invalid for hte last year or so. it was very depressing just to see such a
strong fiesty woman (who was considered for Olympic grade discus once)
being
so crippled by pain, and I really hope that this does the trick.

Yowie

Purrs coming over for your mum, particularly don't panic purrs. It isn't a
nice operation (what is??) and the rehab afterwards can be painful, but
everyone I know who's had it done say it's worth it for the freedom from
pain and very much increased mobility afterwards.
Good luck to your mother.

Tweed

Old November 11th 05, 06:28 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-11-11, Yowie penned:
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.

If there's any purrs down the back of the lounge or in last year's
coat pockets that you could spare, I'm sure Mum would appreciate
them (as would I).

Soothing purrs for you; healing purrs for your mom.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 11th 05, 06:34 PM
Takayuki

"Yowie" wrote:
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

I hope it's going well now for your mom. From the testimonials here,
it sounds like a good surgery to have.

Old November 11th 05, 07:59 PM
Helen Miles

"Yowie" wrote in message

My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.////

Many, many purrs and prayers that she makes a full recovery. I know
*exactly* how you are feeling as my gran is having her hip replacement
op next friday.

Helen M

Old November 11th 05, 09:43 PM

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:51:56 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.

If there's any purrs down the back of the lounge or in last year's coat
pockets that you could spare, I'm sure Mum would appreciate them (as would
I).

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has had hip replacement surgery. We're
all hoping that this will return her life to the active vital one she once
had not so long ago - because her hips were so bad she has been a virtual
invalid for hte last year or so. it was very depressing just to see such a
strong fiesty woman (who was considered for Olympic grade discus once) being
so crippled by pain, and I really hope that this does the trick.

Yowie

You got it, Yowie. Purrs for your mum on the way.

Don't know anyone who has had hip replacement surgery, but my MIL has
had knee replacement surgery. I could ask her if that has improved
things for her if it would help.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 11th 05, 09:48 PM
ann791

Purrs on the way for Mum.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Yowie" wrote in message
My mother is having hip replacement surgery today.

She's very nervous about it.

If there's any purrs down the back of the lounge or in last year's coat
pockets that you could spare, I'm sure Mum would appreciate them (as would
I).

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has had hip replacement surgery.
We're
all hoping that this will return her life to the active vital one she once
had not so long ago - because her hips were so bad she has been a virtual
invalid for hte last year or so. it was very depressing just to see such a
strong fiesty woman (who was considered for Olympic grade discus once)
being
so crippled by pain, and I really hope that this does the trick.

Yowie

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM