Are cats psychic? (psychotic?)

Old March 12th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Are cats psychic? (psychotic?)

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

can i see pics of your meezer girl?? i got my first two meezers this
year;
wanted one all my life, so when I got the chance I got two! They are

the
first cats my hubby has actually liked, he is a d++ person, but you

can't
resist meezers.....I would love to see pics of yours!

Sure! I've got pix of her in a couple of places...

http://www.catster.com/?183929
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ahuihou.geo/my_photos

In Yahoo, you can click on my "animals" album to see various pix of all
the
kids or just on "new kids". Pua came to me as a starving stray back in
August last year. She was so starving she could hardly walk and she
didn't
have much fur due to a bad ringworm problem in addition to the lack of
nutrition. I've turned her completely around. She's a wonderful,
sweet
little girl and I just adore her.

kili

Oh, poor little girl!! That's wonderful that you took her in. I cannot
understand how people can do that to such lovely animals. I don't know if

ever will. I looove your cats (who am I kidding? I love every cat I see!
would happily take home the whole rspca.....) I love your two little

tuxies
they are soooo cute!! I want a tuxie one day......if I can convince
hubby.....Your meezer girl looks like a red point Balinese cross. She is
stunner, and it's great to see her looking so healthy. Looks like a

backyard
breeder product to me I'm so glad you took her in. I think I'll have
join Catster, it looks like fun!! A site just for cats!!

Catster IS fun and they've got another site called d*gster. It's all
free!
Thanks for the kind words on my kids; they bring so much happiness into
our
house. I'm so lucky to have a husband who likes cats!

Do you really think Pua is a red point Balinese cross? How can you tell?
What are the distinguishable features?

kili

Well, my boy is a red point, I believe it's called flame point. Your girl
probably had one parent who was a red point Balines/Siamese with a touch of
the 'silver' gene. I can tell this because her tail has no barring as red
points often do. The reason I am thinking she may be Balinese is that they
are often a bit rounder in head shape than Siamese, with smaller ears. It's
possible she is Siamese cross, and takes after the non-siamese parent, but I
am guessing balinese as she is stockier, and also looks like she has
'Balinese' type fur, which is softer and tends to be silky instead of fluffy
like other longhairs. Whatever she is, she's lovely!!

Old March 13th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the info. She does have some almost non-existant tan stripes on
her tail, so I don't know what she really is other than gorgeous. Her fur
is completely different than that of my tuxedos. Their fur is shiney and
glossy whereas Pua's is longer and thicker; you pet her and you're covered.
I had no idea her fur would be that thick, because as I said, when she found
us, her fur was so sparsely thin you could see right through it. Not
anymore! :~)

kili

Old March 14th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

[...]

It's lovely when that happens!! I was remarking to DH yesterday how much
healthier Jasmine looks now; it's a few months off a year since she came to
us, and she is healthy, and shiny, and feels 'solid' when you pick her up.
She still has the kink in her tail where it was broken, and a scar on her
nose (and a really bad attitude) but she is going back to her playful old
self since desexing. She scared the living daylights out of mango this
morning by trying to play with him! He is used to her trying to attack! and
she bowled him over too, which I think insulted his dignity!

Old March 14th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meee wrote:

It's lovely when that happens!! I was remarking to DH yesterday how much
healthier Jasmine looks now; it's a few months off a year since she came to
us, and she is healthy, and shiny, and feels 'solid' when you pick her up.
She still has the kink in her tail where it was broken, and a scar on her
nose (and a really bad attitude) but she is going back to her playful old
self since desexing. She scared the living daylights out of mango this
morning by trying to play with him! He is used to her trying to attack! and
she bowled him over too, which I think insulted his dignity!

LOL! So nice to hear that Jasmine is reverting to her playful self.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 14th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
meee wrote:

It's lovely when that happens!! I was remarking to DH yesterday how much
healthier Jasmine looks now; it's a few months off a year since she came
to us, and she is healthy, and shiny, and feels 'solid' when you pick her
up. She still has the kink in her tail where it was broken, and a scar on
her nose (and a really bad attitude) but she is going back to her playful
old self since desexing. She scared the living daylights out of mango
this morning by trying to play with him! He is used to her trying to
attack! and she bowled him over too, which I think insulted his dignity!

LOL! So nice to hear that Jasmine is reverting to her playful self.

Yes it's very nice!! Especially as she has people to play with now; she used
to try and play with me as if I was a cat. It used to hurt! So now she looks
like she is relaxing and having fun, after the move, then having kittens,
new cats, etc. It's REALLY freaking out the other cats though.....which is
hilarious to watch; they are all looking at her like 'have you gone MAD
mum?' and the Siamese, poor fragile little dears, are having their dignity
offended on a regular basis! I think they consider Jasmine 'rather rough, my
dear' but I think they're just being bad sports as they know she is the
boss, and could bap them silly if she felt like it!! Having six cats is so
much fun, I'd go mad without them!!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

It's Official [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 7 October 25th 05 04:20 AM
rec.pets.cats: Norwegian Forest Cat Breed-FAQ Bjorn Steensrud Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:37 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:35 AM
performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM