Boogie da HarpurrCat - 14 February 1989/ 29 May 2006

Old June 1st 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default Boogie da HarpurrCat - 14 February 1989/ 29 May 2006

Thank you for your kind thoughts, and you are right...it is TRULY hard to
let them go.

Anne, Boogie's Mom
"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 29 May 2006 10:24:22 -0400, Boogie's Mom wrote:

Kitty Friends,

Sadly, I must inform you that my sweet boycat, Booger, was helped to the
Rainbow Bridge this morning. His condition had worsened overnight and we
knew what he had known the day before, that it was time to give him over
Bast. His passing was gentle and quick as I held him in my arms. His
Paw
was close by, gently stroking his back.

He joins the other cats of my house who have gone before him, BG, Killer,
Junior, and Cauda. Booger took on many responsibilities in the care and
management of two humans. He was the official food inspector,
monitoring
every bite that was consumed in the vicinity, assuring that only the best
was served. He also supervised human hygiene (shower supervisor) and
human
creative activities (embroidery critic and knitting instructor). He was
also a talented teacher, tutoring his mom through her undergraduate
degree
and encouraging her to start grad school. A computer expert, his last
and
greatest achievement was in helping his mom get her wireless router set
up
and working.

Booger was a member of this community for many years, joining when it was
still RPC and MeowChat was the order of the day. Although he didn't say
much, he fell for and winked the lovely Ms Kitty Schottland. They spent
many happy hours cuddled together in a patch of sunshine.

We will miss him dreadfully, but are grateful for the time we shared with
Booger. We would also like to thank you for all your kindnesses and
purrs
over the years.

Anne, Mom to Booger, the HarpurrCat, VC, TCC, RB, House of Bedford

"...Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..." Sweet dreams.
MLB

Old June 1st 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thank you, Mia, Callie, Camille, Mac, and Eileen. Your kind thoughts are
greatly appreciated.

Anne, Boogie's Mom
"Eileen Clark" wrote in message
We are so so sorry to hear about Boogie's departure to RB. We are all
purring for him and for you his family. We know he felt loved and cared
for.

Mia, Callie, Camille, & Mac, plus meowmie Eileen

Old June 1st 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thank you for your kindness. It is certainly appreciated. I'm sure that
Nita gave Booger a great welcome.

Anne, Boogie's Mom
"Ayeshalan" wrote in message
ups.com...
We're so sorry to hear this news. I am sending word ahead to my
daughter Nita to have a good welcome for Booger at the Rainbow Bridge,
and the residents of the House of Lawson and Medina are all purring for
Booger to have a safe and peaceful rest.

Mina, Nita (RB), Lilith, Kyouju, Ariel and Eddie

Old June 2nd 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and purrs. They are received with
gratitude. May I offer you some skritches?

Anne, Boogie's Mom
"Me" wrote in message
Weze all purring hard fur Boogie's trip to the RB to be ez, and dat da
hole in da harts of da hoomins to heal. Weze will all miss you, Boogie.

Snowflake, Frieda, Booker and Chappie

Boogie's Mom wrote:

Kitty Friends,

Sadly, I must inform you that my sweet boycat, Booger, was helped to the
Rainbow Bridge this morning. His condition had worsened overnight and we
knew what he had known the day before, that it was time to give him over
to Bast. His passing was gentle and quick as I held him in my arms. His

Old June 2nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Can we sit on the couch? I'm afraid the rocking chair will try to eat
my tail.

Sure, I'm furry good at giving smurgles. Especially with GranMeowmie
and the PawPaw being in the Pacific Northwest for two weeks, I won't
have anyone to smurgle with!

I'll start a new thread for sitting shiva.

Kitty Schottland, VC
Chief Tortie In Residence
Caretaking Kitty
Catmerica Volunteer Nurses' Corps
Registered Cat Nurse & Purr Therapist

[Misty eyed Meowmie looks up to see the twinkle of Boogie's teleporter. A
lovely dark tortie bounds out and comes to a stop in front of the rocking
chair]

Hello dear. Thank you for coming. Would you mind sitting with me for a
while? I've got some treats if you're interested, and frankly, I could use
a kittyhug.

I know that Boogie would want to honor your Jewish traditions even though he
was a Pagan kitty. How would it be if we sit shiva till his ashes are
returned, then we could have a bit of a wake. You know he would want us to
have good party with plenty of nip.

Anne, Mom to Boogie (RB)

[A fluffy dark tortie jumps into her teleporter to be with her
mother-in-paw during this time of need.]

Knowing that Boogie was an Irish kitty winkwinked to a Jewish kitty,
Auntie Shado, would you like to sit shiva, have an Irish wake, or both?

Old June 3rd 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Sadly, I must inform you that my sweet boycat, Booger, was helped to the
Rainbow Bridge this morning. His condition had worsened overnight and we
knew what he had known the day before, that it was time to give him over to
Bast. His passing was gentle and quick as I held him in my arms. His Paw
was close by, gently stroking his back.

PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr

Allegra "Great Girtha"
==========
prrprrprr prrprrprr prrprrprr
prrprrprr prrprrprr prrprrprr
prrprrprr prrprrprr prrprrprr

Louise
Old June 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Boogie's Mom wrote:
[...]

We are so, so sorry for your loss. We have also seen our meomie
through her degree, so we know how much Booger loved his mom. We also
know he was fortunate to have such a loving mom and that he will live
on in her memory.

Old June 8th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Anne - so sorry to hear this, and sorry to be late, I only get in every
week or so now.

So many of us have gone through this, as you know. His passing was
gentle. It is pain but also a blessing that we can hold them to the
last. Panda is there, waving her many Toes in greeting, to invite him
to the Kittypile with Lenny and Lucy and so many more of our friends.

Purrs from the Threesome

*sniffle*
Johanna, with MMS.

Old June 14th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Anne,

I am so late in responding to this. I am so sorry for your loss. Boogie
was loved by many and I know your heart is hurting so. May peaceful, loving
memories fill that Boogie sized hole in your heart.

I know Boogie was met by many who have known him all these years, Punkins
amongst them, as he made his trip to the Bridge.

Fran and the purring Puddi Cat

Old June 14th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

A huge white & grey cat leads his home clowder into a circle and they
assume the meatloaf postion of respect as they purr for Boogie da
HapurrCat's trip to the Rainbow Bridge and for the hearts of his humans.
Purrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
PurrrrrrrupppppPurrrrrruppppp
purrrrrrrrrrrpurrrrrrrr
Ralph, Fred, Clyde, Ned, Alice, and Jane

(and, just outside the circle, Anti Gabrielle sits at a computer with
severe MMS)