Boyfie knows how to look after himself

Old November 13th 15, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie knows how to look after himself

Once again, he decided to go out before I did, so he leapt over the gate
from the back garden when he heard my car coming back and to help me with
getting the shopping out of the car.
But there was a Jack Russell coming down the road, on a lead, with his
owners and he saw it.
I turned round to speak to Boyfie, but he was gone and I didn't see him go
and neither did the dog. I do have to realise that he managed to survive
as a lost boy before I adopted him: he is sensible about cars, he knows
about foxes and dogs. He Is wise about those things..
Tweed

Old November 14th 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 02:41:01 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
he knows about foxes and dogs.

And doorbells and rats...
Old November 14th 15, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Once again, he decided to go out before I did, so he leapt over the gate
from the back garden when he heard my car coming back and to help me
with getting the shopping out of the car. But there was a Jack Russell
coming down the road, on a lead, with his owners and he saw it. I
turned round to speak to Boyfie, but he was gone and I didn't see him go
and neither did the dog. I do have to realise that he managed to
survive as a lost boy before I adopted him: he is sensible about cars,
he knows about foxes and dogs. He Is wise about those things.. Tweed

A good thing too.

Judith

He's horribly afraid of dogs, even tiny ones like the Yorkie he saw a few
weeks ago. That one could have fitted into a pint mug.
Puts the kybosh on Rita's idea "if something happens to me, I want you to
have Lennie" and of course I would. If I didn't have Boyfriend.
Tweed

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old November 14th 15, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
he knows about foxes and dogs.

And doorbells and rats...

He knows about everything that he considers is threatening. He can kill
rats, providing they are not too big but if they are massive, he says "get
the terriers in.."
The doorbell terrifies him and even if he knows the person who arrives, he
rarely comes downstairs from where he has fled when he hears it. Unless
it's time for his meal when he will come down if he knows who it is, and
risk it. Simon, June and Claire, yes, anyone else no way. He'd rather
starve up in his bedroom than chance seeing someone he doesn't know.
And even so he'd rather not see them either if he can avoid it.

He only likes me. I wish that was not so.
Tweed

Old November 15th 15, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Once again, he decided to go out before I did, so he leapt over the gate
from the back garden when he heard my car coming back and to help me
with getting the shopping out of the car. But there was a Jack Russell
coming down the road, on a lead, with his owners and he saw it. I
turned round to speak to Boyfie, but he was gone and I didn't see him go
and neither did the dog. I do have to realise that he managed to
survive as a lost boy before I adopted him: he is sensible about cars,
he knows about foxes and dogs. He Is wise about those things.. Tweed

A good thing too.

Judith

He isn't allowed out after midnight, otherwise he might see a fox. Which
can prey on young and elderly cats. Now Boyfie does not want to be seen as
elderly but let's just say I keep him in overnight. He claims he is very
up to seeing a fox off the premises. I say perhaps but I prefer not. Yes
he did it when he was 3 or 4 but now he's 13 so it's probably a no from
me.

Old November 15th 15, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
he knows about foxes and dogs.

And doorbells and rats...

I do worry about him when he is out. I shouldn't. He is more than capable
of keeping himself safe. He sees cars, he stays on the sidewalk
He sees foxes and he is up a tree. He's a sensible boy.

Old November 15th 15, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:47:57 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
He knows about everything that he considers is threatening. He can kill
rats, providing they are not too big but if they are massive, he says "get
the terriers in.."
The doorbell terrifies him and even if he knows the person who arrives, he
rarely comes downstairs from where he has fled when he hears it. Unless
it's time for his meal when he will come down if he knows who it is, and
risk it. Simon, June and Claire, yes, anyone else no way. He'd rather
starve up in his bedroom than chance seeing someone he doesn't know.
And even so he'd rather not see them either if he can avoid it.

He only likes me. I wish that was not so.

The shyest cat I've had was Betty, who would be very timid with people
unless I properly introduced her to them. I think it's an endearing
quality. Although the cat who reminds me most of Betty, Dot, is the
opposite and immediately loves on everyone.
Old November 16th 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

He's horribly afraid of dogs, even tiny ones like the Yorkie he saw a few
weeks ago. That one could have fitted into a pint mug.
Puts the kybosh on Rita's idea "if something happens to me, I want you to
have Lennie" and of course I would. If I didn't have Boyfriend.

Smudge was the same way. She was terrified of all dogs, including my
former neighbor's tiny, tiny, very frail elderly chihuahua. Any time my
neighbor walked by with that dog, Smudge would disappear.

But one time when a huge raccoon (about 3 times the size of Smudge) was
ambling down the street, she trotted over there like she wanted to say
hello. (I managed to get her and bring her indoors that time.)

Go figure!

--
Joyce

He spent one-third of the time telling me about the musical he was writing about raccoons, one-third of the time talking about C++, and one-third of the time demonstrating the plot of Othello using the salt and pepper shakers.
-- A Treasury of the World's Worst Online Dating Stories
"I would enjoy that date." -- SJM
Old November 19th 15, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

I just wish Boyfie would not panic when the door bell goes. even when it's
Claire, who he knows well, he just can't do it. He rushes upstairs even when
he knows it's her, or Simon or June and hides. Unless it's time for his
food and then he suddenly remembers that they are all OK and he is brave
enough to risk coming downstairs to remind it's time for him to be fed. He
will even wave himself around their legs to say " feed me now" and they all
looked after him for weeks
But if he sees them again now- they are dangerous. Why?
Because he will accept other people feeding him in dire circumstances but I
am the only one he wants.

Tweed

Old November 20th 15, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 20:14:47 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

But if he sees them again now- they are dangerous. Why?
Because he will accept other people feeding him in dire circumstances but I
am the only one he wants.

GLyN is pretty much the same. If someone has fed him, preferably more
than once, he is more receptive to them, but otherwise, he's in the wind
if anyone comes into the yard, let alone into HIS house.

There was one person who came by who he didn't run from, he climbed into
the new lap within minutes of the visitor coming in.

I'd prefer he was like that all the time, I've HAD cats who were,
but he is what he is, and I can't change that (unlike most dogs).