Plumbing purrs, please?

Old August 31st 03, 07:34 AM
LOL

(Sherry ) wrote in message ...

Whoa, Krista. This is weird. We don't have any hot water either. DH thinks it's
the water heater (but we don't even get cold water out of the "hot" faucet.
Just nothing at all). Due to the holiday weekend, it looks like we're just
going to be rooughing it for a couple of days. Purrs to you.

Sherry

Holiday, shmoliday - I wish I could bundle up my plumber and send him
to you. They were *supposed* to have finished yesterday, but after no
hot water again on Saturday morning, he came back for what I devoutly
hope will be the last time. We send purrs to your plumbing and hope
that you can find a lovely plumber like we have. Actually, our
favorite marvelous plumber retired, one mournful day - this is his
son, who has taken up the mantle and will *also* come on Sunday
morning and dig up our yard wearing his church suit and tie.

Mike had a better day yesterday - I was able to leave work early and
be here most of the afternoon, so he only had to be locked up in the
morning. I spent the better part of the day saying "it's all right"
and petting his little head when drilling, hammering, etc. started up
again.

I have found the most successful approach when I must have people in
the house, *besides* shutting Mike in one room and taping a note to
the door that says "if you have to go in here call me first," is to
point out that Mike is a Mean Bad Terrible Cat who bites, but
nevertheless is Mama's Precious Darling Sugar-Pie, and if you bother
him so that he is forced to bite you, *I* will bite you too. Workmen
who are afraid of Mike, and even more afraid of me, tend to leave him
alone and don't open that door. ;-)

I don't have to exaggerate at all with the Bad Cat thing, either - our
current plumber's dad witnessed one of Mike's surgical strikes against
an intruder (naturally, it was the landlady - sigh) and it made quite
an impression on him. Landlady never mentioned the incident, but the
plumber told me about her bleeding ankle. He probably warned current
plumber beforehand not to mess with the cat. :-P

Thanks for all the purrs, everyone - they seem to have worked, though
considering the history of our plumbing, our fingers are still
crossed.

------
Krista

Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM
Purrs for a special lady's cat - update wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 2 August 17th 03 10:00 AM
Job Interview Purrs? Seanette Blaylock Cat anecdotes 11 August 13th 03 04:20 AM
Purrs for Andy RBinCA Cat anecdotes 1 July 9th 03 04:22 AM