Persia Did a Happy Dance

Old September 7th 13, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia Did a Happy Dance

She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I
brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic
bag it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was
prancing around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she
immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill
Old September 7th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I
brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic bag
it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was prancing
around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she
immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill

Yes, it's really nice when they like what they are supposed to eat.

Joy

Old September 7th 13, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/7/2013 5:15 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I
brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic bag
it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was prancing
around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she
immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill

Yes, it's really nice when they like what they are supposed to eat.

Joy

It sure is! She has mostly always liked her Rx kibble. I had a $10 off
coupon which made it more "palatable" to my wallet, too. LOL

She does get a bit of Fancy Feast, but just a very little each day.
It's more like a treat than anything. When it comes to Fancy Feast, she
seems to prefer the pate type that includes beef. She's never been a
big fan of seafood. That probably sounds a little odd for a lot of
cats. Persia is not a fan of tuna or shrimp. (Me, I love seafood.)

Jill
Old September 7th 13, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 9/7/2013 5:15 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

They're all so individual, aren't they? Waffles gets a small amount of
canned food every day as a trip. He prefers pate over the other type, but
he doesn't care for beef. His favorite is chicken. Lindy used to prefer
the shredded type over pate.

Joy

Old September 9th 13, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:38:32 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I

brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic

bag it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was

prancing around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she

immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill

Rusty (RB) once managed to chew through a plastic bag to get to his prescription
food. I forgot what kind it was as he went though so many different ones.
Another time he flipped opened a storage can to get to his Rx food.
He also punctured a tube of his toothpaste with his teeth. He really liked its taste.

Winnie
Old September 9th 13, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/8/2013 10:29 PM, Rusty wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:38:32 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I

brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic

bag it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was

prancing around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she

immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill

Rusty (RB) once managed to chew through a plastic bag to get to his prescription
food. I forgot what kind it was as he went though so many different ones.
Another time he flipped opened a storage can to get to his Rx food.
He also punctured a tube of his toothpaste with his teeth. He really liked its taste.

Winnie

Toothpaste, that's different!

Cats are so funny when they want something. Or when they are just plain
curious about something.

I had metal bi-fold doors which hid the washer & dryer in my apartment.
Persia opened one of the doors, jumped up on the dryer, then jumped
down next to it between the dryer and the wall. Naturally she didn't
have room to gain momentum to jump back up. Fortunately I was home at
the time. I put rubber bands on the door knobs to keep them closed so
she wouldn't do that again while I was at work. Goofy cat.

Then there was the time she opened the pantry door and got out a can of
Fancy Feast. I considered putting a slide bolt lock on the pantry door.

Jill
Old September 9th 13, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Rusty wrote:

Rusty (RB) once managed to chew through a plastic bag to get to his prescription
food. I forgot what kind it was as he went though so many different ones.
Another time he flipped opened a storage can to get to his Rx food.
He also punctured a tube of his toothpaste with his teeth. He really liked its taste.

Wow, smart kitty!

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old September 10th 13, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Monday, September 9, 2013 4:15:51 PM UTC-4, Bastette wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Rusty (RB) once managed to chew through a plastic bag to get to his prescription

food. I forgot what kind it was as he went though so many different ones.

Another time he flipped opened a storage can to get to his Rx food.

He also punctured a tube of his toothpaste with his teeth. He really liked its taste.

Wow, smart kitty!

I thought so. But one of his cat-sitter thought he was dumb. Well, maybe
compared to her cat.
Another cat-sitter couldn't find Rusty when she came over to feed him.
She looked all over for almost an hour, and finally found him hiding inside
the storage room. Rusty was very good at opening doors.
When I cleaned the glass door to the atrium,aka Rusty's room, I found scratch
marks on the door frame.
Apparently he tried and tried but failed to open that glass door.
Another time he managed to get his feather toy which was put away in a
Rubbermaid bin. This from a cat who was missing a toe on each of his front
paws. He was a syndactyl (as opposed to polydactl)

How I missed my Rusty cat! Yesterday for some reason I felt his absence keenly.
Kind of strange after almost 3 years.

Winnie

Old September 10th 13, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 14:15:51 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I
brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic bag
it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was prancing
around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she
immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill

Yes, it's really nice when they like what they are supposed to eat.

Joy

It's almost unheared of!
Old September 11th 13, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

On Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:38:32 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
She always knows when I've brought home a new bag of her Rx kibble. I

brought it in and she can smell it even through the heavy duty plastic

bag it comes in. She couldn't wait for me to get it open! She was

prancing around my feet, talking to me.

Okay, okay, pretty girl! Just a minute! I dished some up and she

immediately started chowing down. I'm glad she really likes this kibble.

Jill

Barney also loves his Rx food. And so do the others.

And I also brought home a new bag yesterday. Around here we usually put the food into plastic bins (the "buckets" that kitty litter come in work great, rinsed and dried after all the kitty litter is used up). But yesterday I had to "avail myself of the facilities" rather urgently when I got home, so I did not do that right away.

Some-kitty gnawed a nice sized hole into that super-sturdy plastic bag it was in, and by the time I was done, Ping was nibbling away at the food, glorious food inside. I don't' think he was the one that chewed the hole, though, as I have caught Ernie at it before. Last month when I brought home 2 bags of regular kibble, I had laid them flat on the enclosed back porch floor while I went to go get the bins, came back and Ernie was laying on them, and there between his paws were Ernie-sized teeth marks (he actually bit through the plastic).

I might note that we do not free feed, specifically because Barney is on the Rx food - last time we let him eat regular too often, it cost us over $2000 at an emergency vet in Indianapolis (on Thanksgiving weekend) because he got a urinary blockage.

Also, Weeble would like a video of Persia doing her happy dance

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY