Flea removal....I need help for my babies

Old October 8th 04, 01:10 AM
tigerdaisy

Default Flea removal....I need help for my babies

I have two cats (ages 3 and 2) and the poor babies have fleas for the
first time in their life. I have given them baths in flea shampoo
(Four Paws Magic Coat), combed them the past couple of days with a
flea comb and put flea collars on them. I checked them today to see if
all of the fleas were gone and they still have them although not as
bad as they did before I gave them the flea bath.

I really would like to know if there are any sprays, etc. that I can
use to spray the carpeting and furniture in my apartment as there may
very well be fleas hiding out there now and and in turn jumping on my
cats. The problem is that I live in an apartment and would need
something that would not be annoying or disruptive to the rest of the
people that live in the building and in turn get me in trouble with my
landlord. Any suggestions?

Also, this is the first time that I have ever used flea collars...are
any brands good or did I just not luck out with them this time? And
should I (if it is safe) give them another bath with the flea shampoo?

thanks in advance for any help that you all are able to give me...
Old October 8th 04, 02:00 AM
Mary

Any suggestions?

Use frontline on the cats. You can also use a flea bomb in your house. You have
to bomb once then again a week or so later to get the eggs that hatched. Follow
directions on box to keep you and pets safe

Old October 8th 04, 02:03 AM
Rob

forget flea collars, they don't work and are toxic. you need frontline or
advantage. should be about $10-$12 per
cat. your vet will give you two vials which you just squeeze on to their
skin (read the directions). if your house is
REALLY infested, you may need to bomb it, but you'd probably sound a lot
more upset in your post if that was
the case .

om...

Old October 8th 04, 10:45 AM
Wendy

[...]

As others have already said take the flea collar off the cat and use either
frontline or advantage. Then take the flea collar you removed from the cat,
cut it into pieces and put the pieces in your vacuum cleaner bag to kill any
fleas you may pick up in the vacuum. That's about all the collars are good
for.

Old October 8th 04, 07:01 PM
rinn

we have used flea busters (http://www.fleabuster.com/ ) before in a previous
house that was terribly infested with fleas. They will return within a year
if the fleas come back - so if you do it now, they will come back and
retreat if fleas return in the spring/summer.
It really works, you don't have to leave the house/apartment, is non-toxic.

Old October 8th 04, 09:55 PM
Annie Wxill

"Rob" wrote in message news:QHl9d.1228$Ua.638@trndny06...
forget flea collars, they don't work and are toxic. you need frontline or
advantage.

Or Revolution, which should also get rid of any tapeworms from the fleas.
Annie