Advice for Smoggleberry on adopting a miniature hoomin

Old April 8th 04, 03:17 AM
Tanada

Default Advice for Smoggleberry on adopting a miniature hoomin

It has been a long time since we've had a miniature hoomin in our house,
and even longer since we've had one of our own to raise. All our bare
kittens are pretty grown up now. So, are there any of you kitties that
want to help give Smoggleberry advice on adopting and training a
miniature hoomin?

1. Avoid both ends of the hoomin...one part drools and gums, and the
other part stinks.

2. Stay out of the miniature hoomin's bed. It may think you are a fur toy.

3. Miniature hoomin food is often really good, but wait until it
donates it to you. Your slaves tend to take a dim view of the two of
you sharing a bowl.

4. Miniature hoomins don't share toys well.

5. Miniature hoomins make strange noises that will distract your slaves
at the most awkward times.

6. When the miniature hoomin makes those loud screaming noises, make
sure the slaves know this and are aware that the noises are their fault.

7. spit-up does not taste good.

Any more?

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. on behalf of the NC nine

Old April 8th 04, 03:36 AM
Cheryl

Tanada dumped this in
nk.net on 07 Apr 2004:

1. Avoid both ends of the hoomin...one part drools and gums, and the
other part stinks.

2. Stay out of the miniature hoomin's bed. It may think you are a
fur toy.

3. Miniature hoomin food is often really good, but wait until it
donates it to you. Your slaves tend to take a dim view of the two of
you sharing a bowl.

4. Miniature hoomins don't share toys well.

5. Miniature hoomins make strange noises that will distract your
slaves at the most awkward times.

6. When the miniature hoomin makes those loud screaming noises, make
sure the slaves know this and are aware that the noises are their
fault.

7. spit-up does not taste good.

8. Miniature hoomins toys are fun to play with. They often leave them out
for you to play with. Now is also the chance to leave them in high
traffic areas when you're finished playing for big hoomins to step on in
the middle of the night potty trips.

--
Cheryl
Old April 8th 04, 03:36 AM
Cheryl

Tanada dumped this in
nk.net on 07 Apr 2004:

Old April 8th 04, 06:11 AM
Jo Firey

I dunno. The day we brought Vicki home, Sam jumped into her crib. Sniffed
everywhere. Curled up just below her on the soft, warm comforter, and went
to sleep. He was her devoted slave for the next 15 years. (When he got
frustrated he's just go outside and beat up another cat or kill something to
get it out of his system)

Jo
nk.net...

Old April 8th 04, 09:05 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

3. Miniature hoomin food is often really good, but wait until it
donates it to you. Your slaves tend to take a dim view of the two of
you sharing a bowl.

3a. A definite *DO NOT* is to attempt to share the actual source of the milk as
supplied by the human mother. For some reason, there's a problem with our fangs
if we attempt the manouvre known as "latching on".

Purrs, Waffles, Francis and Marble

**$om $

Old April 9th 04, 03:21 PM
Caroline S.

Tanada wrote in message ink.net...
[...]

Advice from Pippin, Mithu, Fizz and Yogi: owners of Catherine, a 7
m.o. baby girl

You will have to share lap time. That means, when the baby is in
Meowmie's lap, you may have to wait until the lap is vacant. Meowmie
doesn't like it when you step on the baby to squeeze onto the lap.

When Meowmie is on the floor playing with the baby, that's a good time
to ask to be played with too.

When Meowmie is on the sofa feeding the baby, that's a good time to
get scritches from her free hand.

You can get lots of "Good kitty"s and scritches (and maybe even
treats) when you do "cute" things like sniffing the baby's head,
cheek-rubbing the baby's hands or feet, and letting the baby pat you.

You can be instrumental in training the baby to be mobile. Always
stay just out of reach to inspire the baby to reach out and move
toward you. Be ready to stay always at a run when the training is
successful.

You'll know when the baby recognizes the true master(s) of the house
when s/he screeches in delight in your mere presence!

-as told to Caroline S.

Old April 9th 04, 03:51 PM
lrulan

You'll know when the baby recognizes the true master(s) of the house
when s/he screeches in delight in your mere presence!

-as told to Caroline S.

Caroline, that last statement is so cute.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time