The Las Vegas Roadcat - not!

Old May 1st 05, 04:54 AM
Dan M

Default The Las Vegas Roadcat - not!

Tonight was Harri's first time taking a walk in Las Vegas. North Las
Vegas, actually, at the Pilot truck stop. The street we're on gets
pretty quiet at night, but nearly quiet enough to suit Harri.

Our walk tonight lasted only 15 minutes, and we only got about 100 yards
from the truck. Way too scary! Tomorrow we'll have to check out the
Petro about 5 miles north of here, or as a last resort maybe the Flying
J. This will be a lonnnnng weekend for Harri if we don't find a decent
kitty walk place! We'll be sitting here until Monday evening.
Old May 1st 05, 05:07 AM

Dan M wrote:
Tonight was Harri's first time taking a walk in Las Vegas. North Las
Vegas, actually, at the Pilot truck stop. The street we're on gets
pretty quiet at night, but nearly quiet enough to suit Harri.

Our walk tonight lasted only 15 minutes, and we only got about 100

yards
from the truck. Way too scary! Tomorrow we'll have to check out the
Petro about 5 miles north of here, or as a last resort maybe the

Flying
J. This will be a lonnnnng weekend for Harri if we don't find a

decent
kitty walk place! We'll be sitting here until Monday evening.

Awww. Sorry to hear Harri's not enjoying Vegas. :-)
Say, do you ever end up at the Flying J in OKC? I hear it's not a very
good place, but if you ever *do* find yourself there, give us a call.
We'd love to meet Harri.

Sherry

Old May 1st 05, 05:16 AM
Dan M

Awww. Sorry to hear Harri's not enjoying Vegas. :-)
Say, do you ever end up at the Flying J in OKC? I hear it's not a very
good place, but if you ever *do* find yourself there, give us a call.
We'd love to meet Harri.

Sherry

I'll be sure to do that! I haven't been to OKC for a good while.

The Flying J there is one of the worst in the chain - that is the only
Flying J I've been too where lot lizards work the lot openly. The Pilot
is a bit better, the Loves is a bit better (surprising, considering that
Loves is normally at the bottom of the heap), and the TA is pretty decent.

However, I usually have an easy time of it in OKC. The folks I used to
drive for and the folks I drive for now both have terminals not far from
the Flying Hook, and both of them are reasonably nice.
Old May 1st 05, 05:26 AM

Dan M wrote:
Awww. Sorry to hear Harri's not enjoying Vegas. :-)
Say, do you ever end up at the Flying J in OKC? I hear it's not a

very
good place, but if you ever *do* find yourself there, give us a

call.
We'd love to meet Harri.

Sherry

I'll be sure to do that! I haven't been to OKC for a good while.

The Flying J there is one of the worst in the chain - that is the

only
Flying J I've been too where lot lizards work the lot openly.

What is a lot lizard? Gah. I'm not sure I want to know the answer to
that. Is it hookers?
Woops. DH just told me I'm not supposed to call them "hookers" anymore.
Says they are "working girls." LOL.

Sherry

Old May 1st 05, 05:52 AM
Hopitus

Duh.....the East-Coast-mindset Hopitus assumed he meant dope
dealers....guess it'll still be awhile till I'm a
Western Girl......LOL.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old May 1st 05, 07:37 AM
Dan M

What is a lot lizard? Gah. I'm not sure I want to know the answer to
that. Is it hookers?
Woops. DH just told me I'm not supposed to call them "hookers" anymore.
Says they are "working girls." LOL.

Sherry

Yep, they're hookers who work truck stops. Generally speaking, they are
the skankiest excuses for womem I've ever seen.

I guess Harri decided not to give up on Las Vegas. I went in to take a
shower and got back to the truck a little after 11 PM. Harri met me on
the floor at the driver's side - her signal that it's time for a kitten
walk. We only walked for 15 minutes, and never left the side parking lot
of the paper recycling warehouse across the street, but even so she
caught 1 little tiny moth, 2 large moths, and almost caught another
cricket. She was a busy little huntress!

Old May 1st 05, 10:10 AM
Treeline

"Dan M" wrote in message ...
What is a lot lizard? Gah. I'm not sure I want to know the answer to
that. Is it hookers?
Woops. DH just told me I'm not supposed to call them "hookers" anymore.
Says they are "working girls." LOL.

Sherry

Yep, they're hookers who work truck stops. Generally speaking, they are
the skankiest excuses for womem I've ever seen.

I guess Harri decided not to give up on Las Vegas. I went in to take a
shower and got back to the truck a little after 11 PM. Harri met me on
the floor at the driver's side - her signal that it's time for a kitten
walk. We only walked for 15 minutes, and never left the side parking lot
of the paper recycling warehouse across the street, but even so she
caught 1 little tiny moth, 2 large moths, and almost caught another
cricket. She was a busy little huntress!

I thought there must be a lot of cat houses in Las Vegas. But I think you have
to be of a certain age to enter. In Reno, there is a school for judges, how to
be a judge. Imagine that. Training would-be judges in a city with the biggest
LEGAL whore house in the country. Does make you wonder where all the future
judges are spending their recesses from the classes. It's terrible. Distracts
from their classes since they are so spent...

Old May 1st 05, 03:37 PM
Dan M

I thought there must be a lot of cat houses in Las Vegas. But I think you have
to be of a certain age to enter. In Reno, there is a school for judges, how to
be a judge. Imagine that. Training would-be judges in a city with the biggest
LEGAL whore house in the country. Does make you wonder where all the future
judges are spending their recesses from the classes. It's terrible. Distracts
from their classes since they are so spent...

Actually, brothels are legal in Nevada but NOT in Las Vegas. There are a
a lot of them along US95 in Nye county, but the closest I've seen to Las
Vegas is at least 60 miles out. And from Reno, the closest I've seen is
at least 100 miles out (again on US95). No, I've never frequented the
places, but they are out in the middle of nowhere so they really stand out.

BUT - here's the big point - neither Las Vegas nor Reno have ANY decent
kitty walking territory at their truck stops! You have to get well
outside town before you find stretches of empty desert appropriate for
walking bored little kittens.
Old May 1st 05, 03:44 PM

You have to get well
outside town before you find stretches of empty desert appropriate

for
walking bored little kittens.

That sounds scary, Dan. You be careful.

Sherry

Old May 1st 05, 04:54 PM
Treeline

"Dan M" wrote in message ...
[...]

So that would explain why the would-be judges were tired. Maybe the 200 miles
round-trip did them in and not the cat houses? Thanks for the corrected info. I
knew a woman who attended this school in Reno, but not the "cat house"
obviously, and she told me how she teased the men when they came back all
pooped and pale.

Of all the places in the country to have a school for judges, in a state like
Nevada, figures.

The Timer-Enabled Roadcat Dan M Cat anecdotes 12 May 1st 05 10:49 PM
The Forest Roadcat Dan M Cat anecdotes 5 April 30th 05 09:38 PM
The eager Roadcat Dan M Cat anecdotes 28 February 10th 05 09:26 AM
Las Vegas OT Bev Cat anecdotes 28 May 11th 04 07:20 PM
To John Biltz re Vegas JBHajos Cat anecdotes 11 October 31st 03 03:18 PM