Behaviour Change

Old May 9th 05, 01:01 PM
Lisa

Default Behaviour Change

Hi,

I've been a lurker for years but now I need an opinion on what to do.

My cat Butterscotch behaviour has changed about a week ago. He's a 5 year
old domestic short hair indoor cat. He used to tear around the house,. be
very vocal at meal times, eat all his food very quickly and jump on his cat
tree. Now he isn't vocal about his food, he's rarely on his tree like he's
can't jump high, he's sleeping alot, he's leaving food in his dish, he isn't
running downstair when I go down, and he isn't following me around as often.

About 3 weeks ago I changed his cat food to Purina One just to try. He was
eating that fine. I just changed back to his normal brand, Hill's TD or WD
just in case this change is because of the food. I also noticed a couple of
days ago he spit up some part leaves from my spider plant. He did see the
vet about 2 weeks ago for his annual check up and shots.

Any advice? Is it a food thing? A reaction to the plant? A reaction to his
shots? Should I take him to the vet now or see if going back to his normal
brand helps?

Thanks,
Lisa

Old May 10th 05, 12:58 AM
Alison

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Hi Lisa,
A week is a long time for a cat to be ill and I think you should
go to the vet asap. Let us know how you get on.
Alison

Old May 10th 05, 01:13 AM
bigbadbarry

Lisa wrote:

Any advice? Is it a food thing? A reaction to the plant? A reaction

to his
shots? Should I take him to the vet now or see if going back to his

normal
brand helps?

Thanks,
Lisa

Maybe he's just got some blues, but he also got a combination, food
change, spider leaves, shots, not to mention, the shots...If Im
nervous, it can make me sooo tired...just exhausted. Maybe he's been
through a nervous episode traveling to the vet and all.

Ruprecht says hello.