Catfoods

Old October 16th 09, 07:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Kelly Greene

Default Catfoods

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote

miles..... and fled in a panic into backyards. Had he jumped out or
fallen out on the highway it would have been certain death. I was never
able to find him. :*( I can only hope he found a good home. He was a
beautiful orange cat with a great disposition.

This is heartbreaking.

This is another reason my new cat and any other cats that join our household
will be indoor cats only. I was heartsick for days over Fuzzy. Too many
things can happen when cats go outside. It's just not worth the risk.
Happily, Luckycat shows no interest in going outside. She's quite happy
being in here with us. :-)
--
Kelly..........
If you're a past or present resident of

Old October 16th 09, 07:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Kelly Greene

Default Catfoods (here she is)

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote:

Oh! Will this be your second cat? Where are you getting it from? Is it a
rescue? :-)

Yes, our second since our Boo died in March at age 14. She will be a
rescue, but we have not found her yet. My husband is being very particular
about what kind of cat he wants--he wants a tiny baby with sealpoint type
Siamese looks--and he know I will not support a breeder. I would just go
into the local shelters and wait until an adult cat picks me, or pick up
an adult stray. But since he took the loss of our tuxedo girl so hard, I
am trying to follow his wishes. I just want another cat in need.

Maybe he'll come around. I once did volunteer work in a NY Animal Shelter.
The Siamese marked or "pointed" kittens were rare. I can't really remember
anyone ever leaving one at the shelter although I do recall a few adult
Siamese cats people gave up. The pointed cats are very attractive but I'm
with you... the needy cats are the ones I want. I wouldn't support breeders
either, not when cats and kittens are being put to death at the rates they
are.

Today Luckycat got 2 new ultra soft fluffy blankets for her carrier. She
loves to sleep in it. I think she feels secure in it. I know she'll love
the softness of these blankets. I'll take out the old bath towels. They
now feel almost harsh by comparison. We also picked up two no-slide
stainless steel cat bowls for her. I know, I know.... we're spoiling
her. ;-)

Isn't it wonderful? Rescues are often so grateful, too. More pictures,
when you take them! I am going to take a short video of Gracie doing her
wiggle worm/inch worm thing every morning on the rug and put it up
somewhere. It's hilarious.

I'd love to see it. :-)) Lyckycat is going camping with us for the weekend
tomorrow. I have her little bag packed with her food, snacks, a small
litterpan etc. She'll ride in the van with us until we get there. I hope
she takes to camping and traveling as we do it quite often over the summer
months.

Yes it's wonderful spoiling her. Our 3 dogs grew old and feeble and have
been at the Rainbow Bridge for several years now. The grandkids, all
teenagers, live too far to be spoiled so Luckycat has no competition. ;-)

Old October 16th 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Kelly Greene

"cybercat" wrote in message

Yes, only he is being very picky. Has to be a small baby, has to be
female, has to be Siamese looking. How are we going to find that?

I don't think you are going to find such a cat at a shelter (see my post
above). Looks are so unimportant. The cat's personality and temperament are
so much more important than color or looks. Have you asked him why he would
only accept such a cat?

Old October 16th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Kelly Greene exclaimed (10/16/2009 2:40 AM):

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote

miles..... and fled in a panic into backyards. Had he jumped out or
fallen out on the highway it would have been certain death. I was
never able to find him. :*( I can only hope he found a good home.
He was a beautiful orange cat with a great disposition.

This is heartbreaking.

This is another reason my new cat and any other cats that join our
household will be indoor cats only. I was heartsick for days over Fuzzy.
Too many things can happen when cats go outside. It's just not worth
the risk. Happily, Luckycat shows no interest in going outside. She's
quite happy being in here with us. :-)

My cat goes outside on the deck. The side she might think of jumping
out of has hardware cloth to keep her in. Since she has bad hind legs
and arthritis, we've never worried about her trying to get out by
jumping up, and she's been proving us right for a year. Until now.

She's on a painkiller for the arthritis now. It's apparently working,
because we've seen her jump on the deck's rail a time or two after
squirrels or birds (don't worry, the critters are in no real danger). We
yell, she jumps down, end of story.

Last weekend, we couldn't find her. Searched the house, searched the
deck - and found her standing on the neighbor's deck stairs, scared,
because though she got down, she could not get back up. I kept her
attention while hubby went out via the basement door to retrieve her.
I'm glad she had the sense to stay there until she was rescued.

And just a couple of days ago, there was another cat on those stairs.

She lives for going out on the deck. Now I'm trying to figure out how
she can go out there safely, in a way that will keep her from jumping up
and over, and also not make her vulnerable to the neighbor's cats.

jmc
Old October 16th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, cybercat exclaimed (10/13/2009 9:13 AM):
"Kelly Greene" wrote:
Oh! Will this be your second cat? Where are you getting it from? Is it a
rescue? :-)

Yes, our second since our Boo died in March at age 14. She will be a rescue,
but we have not found her yet. My husband is being very particular about
what kind of cat he wants--he wants a tiny baby with sealpoint type Siamese
looks--and he know I will not support a breeder.

Just take him with you whenever you got to the shelter(s) to "look for
sealpoints". Say, I just want to look, and visit with likely kittens
and cats. Sooner or later, one will chose him and he'll forget all
about sealpoints

My hubby was mad that I chose a black cat (well, she chose me, from a
shelter). Wasn't long before our little black kitten had him wrapped
around her little paw

jmc
Old October 16th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
dgk

"cybercat" wrote in message

[...]

I fenced in my little backyard and the cats can go out when I'm
around. There are commercial things like this:
http://www.catfencein.com/ but I just used chicken wire and some tall
poles and curve the top in. It isn't fool proof though. Things can
still get in and if they really wanted to they could climb one of the
evergreens that are higher than the fence and step on top of it.

They love going out so much that it's worth the slight risk that
something bad will happen. I have RF trackers on them
http://www.loc8tor.com/Store/ just in case one gets out. It helps to
keep track of them in the house as well.