Persian cat considered for space launch

Old September 16th 13, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

Default Persian cat considered for space launch

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...-launch/12840/
Old September 17th 13, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:50:07 -0700, Rusty wrote:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...at-considered-

for-space-launch/12840/

And now I have an earworm of the "James Bond" musical theme...

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Old September 18th 13, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"Rusty" wrote in message
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...-launch/12840/

is the cat gonna steer the rocket?

Old September 18th 13, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/17/2013 7:31 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...-launch/12840/

is the cat gonna steer the rocket?

The cat is going to control it with help from the Mothership.

Jill
Old September 22nd 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Rusty wrote:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...-launch/12840/

I hope they're not sending the cat pictured in the article - that one
looks a bit old for such a trip!

But as Persian cats go, that one is attractive. Its face is indented
between the eyes, but at least its mouth and nose protrude. Many more-
recently bred Persians have everything on their faces pushed in. Not
only does that not look good (IMO), I feel bad for them. Nature didn't
mean for their faces to be inside-out!

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old September 23rd 13, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...-launch/12840/

okay, what kind of litter tray would work in zero G?

and what kind of cat would use it rather than find
some expensive piece of electronics to comment on?

The old guy in that picture has the sort of weary, thoughtful expression
you think of as belonging to one of the grizzled old retired astronauts
in Golden Age SF stories. "I wasn't much more than a kitten on my first
run, when the canopener failed going through the Van Allen Belt...".

Old September 23rd 13, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/22/2013 8:04 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...-launch/12840/

okay, what kind of litter tray would work in zero G?

OMG, what a funny image that brought to mind!

What cat would willingly submit to being dressed in a space suit with a
helmet and oxygen hoses? I think most cats would have some strong words
to say about that.

and what kind of cat would use it rather than find
some expensive piece of electronics to comment on?

The old guy in that picture has the sort of weary, thoughtful expression
you think of as belonging to one of the grizzled old retired astronauts
in Golden Age SF stories. "I wasn't much more than a kitten on my first
run, when the canopener failed going through the Van Allen Belt...".

Canopener failure. Danger! Danger!

Jill