The cannabis farm (OT)

Old October 4th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default The cannabis farm (OT)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 21:49:55 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

dgk wrote:

My memory is actually pretty good considering that I'm over 60 but it
should be better. I'm at work now and just couldn't remember the last
name of a coworker that I email once every few weeks for something. I
know his face, have no trouble with his first name, and sat here for a
minute until his last name (and thus email address) popped into my
head.

The information is still all there, but the pointers to it are flakey.

I smoked it when I was in my late teens/early 20s, and my memory at the
time was stellar. My friends would come to me if they needed to pinpoint
what happened on such-and-such date.

About 10 years ago, I started having this experience where I would try
to remember how I'd spent the day just a few days prior, and I would draw
a complete blank. It was like looking into a black abyss - nothing there.
This started happening often. I even started to forget long conversations
about important subjects. It was pretty alarming (not to mention
embarrassing).

Then I started to notice that if someone refreshed my memory enough, it
would all come back intact. All I needed was a bit of extra prompting. As
you said, the information is still all there, but the pointers are getting
flaky. I think of it as: my memory-storage capability hasn't changed, but
the retrieval system doesn't work as well. I was so relieved when I
realized this! I had thought those memories were gone, but I just
needed more help locating them.

I was having foot pain and figured that it was probably Planter
Facitis. So I looked online, found a podiatrist that was covered by my
insurance and a few blocks from my job, and made an appointment on
line. It wasn't until the doctor looked at my chart and said that I
had been there five years ago for bursitis in exactly the same place
that it came back to me. Yup, I had bursitis again, not PF, and just
laughed that I didn't even remember seeing the same doctor in the same
place.

Now if I can just stop walking on the heel, everything will have a
chance to heal.
Old October 5th 13, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
albert gerber

On 10/03/2013 07:11 AM, dgk wrote:

I smoked a lot of it in my youth. I attribute much of my memory loss
to that, but I don't really know. You smoke, you get stoned, you
eat. It's ok but not in the quantities that we were doing. I would
legalize it just because it doesn't do enough harm to warrant being
illegal and so much damage is done by the laws. I read somewhere that
1/3 of the US prison population is there because of pot. That's
nuts.

My memory is actually pretty good considering that I'm over 60 but
it should be better. I'm at work now and just couldn't remember the
last name of a coworker that I email once every few weeks for
something. I know his face, have no trouble with his first name, and
sat here for a minute until his last name (and thus email address)
popped into my head.

The information is still all there, but the pointers to it are
flakey.

Ten years ago I wounded my right leg which led to having my leg
amputated. Before The amputation I was in extreme pain. My
granddaughters male friend had some pot, so she brought me some in a pot
pipe. I had never tried it before nor after but I smoked and for two
hours I had relief for the pain. No pain for two hours was like heaven.
And I understand the memory thing. All the files are in place but the
indexing has problems.

Li'l Al

Notes from the Farm Ginger-lyn[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 November 16th 08 10:02 PM
Old McDonald Had a Farm! openureyes Cat health & behaviour 1 November 9th 08 12:54 AM
Missey off to the farm S.M. Serba Cat community 4 November 30th 04 06:14 PM
A last farm walk Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 27 April 8th 04 09:32 PM
Purrs for farm cat Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 35 March 7th 04 01:36 PM