RFD: rec.pets.cats.breeds

Old September 24th 03, 05:06 PM
Agua Girl

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
wrote in message

..

Why should you feel guilty? Perhaps because you chose to discard ethics
and instead make a choice based on your own selfish desires. Whether you
love your cats isn't the point.

Megan

But I have never put a cat into a shelter or bred cats! so I am not
responsible for so any cats being put into shelters!
Instead of moaning at someone who has this time decided to buy a cat,

where
normally I get old rescue cats, have a moan at people who bred moggies and
give them away or dump them!
and if you read my previous posts you would know my partner said Ragdolls

or
nothing!
we are not all cat lovers you know!

Don't feel guilty, and don't expect everyone to understand or agree.
The beauty is, there is room for all of us on this planet. I prefer
to see cat's rescued but I also understand the desire to keep breeds
specific. I am concerned about breeding in genetic problems for the
sake of aesthetics but I think the entire association of breeders and
show judges are becoming aware of the pit falls and are taking
steps to correct it. It's the same for dogs. I bought a pure bred
golden retriever from a breeder. That's what we wanted..or
rather what my husband wanted and I agreed. The odds of
getting the temperament and the traits we wanted were greater
in goldens. I am sure their were 1,000 of dogs in the pound that
would have been great pets but Maggie..well Maggie was perfect.
All you can do is what works for you. If you don't breed them
yourself, and do what you can to help non pure bred animals then
you have nothing to feel bad about. I am not saying breeders should
feel guilty either. Not if they do so responsibly and take some
actions to help the 'moggies' of the world. Like I said, there is room
for all of us, especially if we all care.

AG

Old September 24th 03, 06:45 PM
Jari Vuoksenranta

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:13:44 +0000, BarB kirjoitti:

Moderation is extremely time consuming.

If needed I could volunteer. Personally I'd allow
robo-cancels of known trolls.

Old September 24th 03, 07:23 PM
~*SooZy*~

I think its a good idea

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
newsAicb.1662$La.653@fed1read02...
I don't think there is. There are plenty of Web Sites about purebred

cats.
There are also enough usenet newsgroups about cats to also fit the bill as
well.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Jari Vuoksenranta" wrote in message
news
I agree. But the point of RFD is to find out that is the *need*
for a newsgroup. I think that there is.

Old September 24th 03, 07:27 PM
~*SooZy*~

Cat protecter when I referred to "we are not all cat lovers" I was meaning
my partner! see my post at the bottom! I am a real cat lover, and dog lover
too, but my partner is not so keen on cats however he was happy for me to
get Ragdolls.

Cat Protector" wrote in message

If you are not a cat lover then why are you wanting to have a newsgroup
about purebred cats? We also don't see you requesting a newsgroup for
tabbies or shelter cats. You seem to be on some kind of campaign with your
partner to make it appear Ragdolls are better than shelter cats as well. I
would rather get a cat at the shelter. Not only do you find a lot of great
ones there but you also save a life as well.