RFD: rec.pets.cats.breeds

Old September 23rd 03, 05:29 PM
Joe Pitt

That is why I suggest people use the smaller rescue groups like mine. We
keep the cats in our homes, so we can judge their temperment. We know who is
shy, but sweet. Who is full of energy. Who gets along with everyone (other
cats) or needs to be an only child.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I think you are wrong about that. When I adopted Isis I saw exactly what

her
temperment is like and I made the right choice because in that instant

we
were bonded. I think cats from shelters are just as good as any

purebreed.

Well I have had plenty of cats over the past 30 years from rescue, I am

not
saying purebreds are better, I am saying if you want a particular type of
cat it may be very difficult to find a cat in a rescue center, where they
are in cages nervous etc, not showing their full personality. However all
my previous cats have maybe had a few problems to start off with as most
have been very abused by previous owners but what ever they have turned

out
like, I have never given up on them, and they all turned out to be

brilliant
cats.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message

Many People choose what breed of dogs they want for different reasons

and
its expectable..... so why should it not be with cats!

I have had many cats from rescue centres over the years, and now I

have
Ragdolls they are nothing like any of the Moggies I have had before!

chose Ragdolls because I wanted docile, laid back indoor cats! you

never
know what a rescue cat is going to be like. You cannot tell by

visiting
caged cat!
However I do sponsor cat rescue....

I think this news group is a brilliant idea!

Old September 23rd 03, 08:44 PM
~*SooZy*~

yes I agree, much better way to chose a cat........
much nicer for the cat too :-)

rec.pets.cats.breeds is a brilliant idea... I am a cat lover be it purebreds
or moggies and I hate up setting the people who will only get a cat from a
shelter, they can't see the attraction of pure breeds which I respect, used
to think that way myself, there are too many un wanted cats out there. On
the other hand why should I feel guilty for buying 2 Ragdolls, I love them
just as much as my little moggie.
--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*