A Message From Diana and Ryan

Old April 25th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default A Message From Diana and Ryan

Awwwwwwwwwwww, poor Cinnamon. :-( Is it a loud household with people
rushing around? If that's the case, that could be part of his
problem. I hope he comes out of hiding soon.

Heather

Cinnamon, dis iz Diana an Ryan heer. Weez node yur upset wif alla da
chanjiz. Weez dont lyke dem eiffur, but tri tu adjust, an rememfur
dis iz jist a temporaree arraynjmint, an it wud mayk Fred furry
happee.

Diana an Ryan

On Apr 25, 10:52*am, Fred wrote:
* * * * It's good fur them. *Cinnamon is not adjusting well at all, however.
He is still hiding all day and coming only to me at night.

Fred

On Friday 25 April 2008 09:48, Granby wrote:

I think it is wonderful that they are not showing any major stress
levels. Just moving from one house to another caused a lot of stress
here for a bit. "Fred" wrote in message
On Thursday 24 April 2008 22:47, wrote:

On Apr 24, 12:12 pm, Fred wrote:
On Thursday 24 April 2008 11:29, wrote:

Hihi daddee Fred, effurykitty an hoomin!

Weez jist wantid tu let yu all node dat whyl we miss owr daddee
an awful lot, dis plays iznt dat bad at all. Derz lotz uv windoz
tu luk owt, fud avaylible wheneffur weez want, lotz uv noo toyz
an nip! Anti Heather reashurz us dat Fred will be bak fur us, but
it iz going tu be awhyl. Weez havin a gud baykashun!

Diana and Ryan

Hoomin note: I'm very surprised at how well both Diana and Ryan
have settled in. Diana walks around like she owns the place and
is getting along well with the others. Ryan has finally decided
that he doesn't need to stay in his room, and is now wandering
around freely. He has decided that the top of the wardrobe is his
napping place, although he will share it if he has to with no
complaints.

They both enjoy their nightly brushing session, but Diana is the
first one to let me know she's had enough. She has to go on about
her business. :-)

Ryan on the other hand, would let me brush him for hours if I
wanted to. He especially loves having his belly brushed (or
rubbed). As soon as he sees the brush come out of the drawer, he
lies down and gets ready for me.

They are both amazing cats, and I consider it a priviledge to
have them vacationing with me.

Heather

Thank-you Heather. That's so good to hear. Have they been lying
down together and cuddling like I have shown them in pictures.
Perhaps the presence of all those other kitties has changed their
patterns, but at home they's always be close for a nap when I was
out, or busy.

--
Peace,
Fred- Hide quoted text -

Actually, no they haven't. *They seem to go on about their own
business during the day, but at night when I go in to read, they're
usually both in there, not lying together though.

* * * *That *is* a change. *I would have thought they'd cling to each
other
even more when they were stressed or lonely. *Perhaps with all the
other cats around they have enough cat support... Gee, when I take
them back maybe I should take 10 or 20 of the others.(:-)) Well,...
maybe not.

--
Peace,
Fred

--
Peace,
Fred- Hide quoted text -

Old April 25th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

it also could be that Mr. Fred iz strezzed so cinamon iz pikin up on dat,
Trudi, who iz allatime upsetted when furry getz wurked up

Old April 25th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Trudi hearz anna Hey we gotz two fur yourownsef, Trudi, hopeul

On Apr 24, 12:12 pm, Fred wrote:
[...]

They did at first, but now they have the run of the house, things have
changed. I don't think it's because they've grown apart (I do still
see Diana washing Ryan's ears). They just seem to enjoy different
scenery. Diana seems to prefer the living room crowd, while Ryan
prefers the bedroom crowd. He even was on the bed with me for part of
the night. Are you sure you wouldn't like to take 10 or 20 home with
you when you pick them up? It can be arranged you know. g

Heather

Old April 26th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

On Apr 24, 12:12Â*pm, Fred wrote:
On Thursday 24 April 2008 11:29, wrote:

Hihi daddee Fred, effurykitty an hoomin!

Weez jist wantid tu let yu all node dat whyl we miss owr daddee
an awful lot, dis plays iznt dat bad at all. Â*Derz lotz uv
windoz tu luk owt, fud avaylible wheneffur weez want, lotz uv
noo toyz an nip! Â*Anti Heather reashurz us dat Fred will be bak
fur us, but it iz going tu be awhyl. Â*Weez havin a gud
baykashun!

Diana and Ryan

Hoomin note: Â*I'm very surprised at how well both Diana and Ryan
have settled in. Â*Diana walks around like she owns the place and
is getting along well with the others. Â*Ryan has finally decided
that he doesn't need to stay in his room, and is now wandering
around freely. Â*He has decided that the top of the wardrobe is
his napping place, although he will share it if he has to with
no complaints.

They both enjoy their nightly brushing session, but Diana is the
first one to let me know she's had enough. Â*She has to go on
about her business. :-)

Ryan on the other hand, would let me brush him for hours if I
wanted to. Â*He especially loves having his belly brushed (or
rubbed). Â*As soon as he sees the brush come out of the drawer,
he lies down and gets ready for me.

They are both amazing cats, and I consider it a priviledge to
have them vacationing with me.

Heather

Thank-you Heather. Â*That's so good to hear. Â*Have they been lying
down together and cuddling like I have shown them in pictures.
Perhaps the presence of all those other kitties has changed their
patterns, but at home they's always be close for a nap when I was
out, or busy.

--
Peace,
Fred- Hide quoted text -

Actually, no they haven't. Â*They seem to go on about their own
business during the day, but at night when I go in to read, they're
usually both in there, not lying together though.

That *is* a change. Â*I would have thought they'd cling to each other
even more when they were stressed or lonely. Â*Perhaps with all the
other cats around they have enough cat support... Gee, when I take
them back maybe I should take 10 or 20 of the others.(:-)) Well,...
maybe not.

--
Peace,
Fred- Hide quoted text -

They did at first, but now they have the run of the house, things have
changed. I don't think it's because they've grown apart (I do still
see Diana washing Ryan's ears). They just seem to enjoy different
scenery. Diana seems to prefer the living room crowd, while Ryan
prefers the bedroom crowd. He even was on the bed with me for part of
the night. Are you sure you wouldn't like to take 10 or 20 home with
you when you pick them up? It can be arranged you know. g

Heather

We'll see what sort of a situation I will have and what kind of a home.
If I have some stability and a good place for them, maybe a few????
--
Peace,
Fred
Old April 26th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

Not normally, but the two younguns are home together from their studies
and taking off tree planting next week. They are not unruly, but they
and their friends naturally raise the level of activity in the house.
There is word of a party happening sometime soon. It will calm down
again when they leave. In the mean time Cinnamon is only eating a very
little food as well, but we see a little disappear every so often. The
poor fellow has displayed great hiding ability. During the day, a
concerted effort by all 5 uv us in the house to find him, consistently
fails. Yesterday I was worried that he had gotten out of the house,
but he turned up when he was ready.

Fred

On Friday 25 April 2008 13:06, wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwwww, poor Cinnamon. :-( Is it a loud household with people
rushing around? If that's the case, that could be part of his
problem. I hope he comes out of hiding soon.

Heather

Cinnamon, dis iz Diana an Ryan heer. Weez node yur upset wif alla da
chanjiz. Weez dont lyke dem eiffur, but tri tu adjust, an rememfur
dis iz jist a temporaree arraynjmint, an it wud mayk Fred furry
happee.

Diana an Ryan

I'll do what I can, but today Fred picked me up in da middle uva da day
and carried me down to meet anti-Bonnie. I didn't stay for
pleasantries, but scratched him as I jumped to go back upstairs.
Stairs can be strange when you haven't seen them for 2 years, but I've
got the hang ov them.
I asked to get out of the room that Fred & I have and scout out da rest
ov da house, excepting da basement which has always been closed when
I'm around. It's gudgud, cus I have expanded my list of hiding places
and they just can't find me unless I want them to. But I like turning
up on Fred's bed in da early hours uv da morning and he has ni
idearment where I came from. We have to have out secrets, don't we?!
I let him pet me at night and I like that, but when the sky even just
starts to get light and the birdies start to shreak their threats to
eeach uther, I get off the bed and disappear again. Fred found me the
other day by closing the bedroom door while I was there and I had no
choice but to hide in da closet. Well, sure, he knows that place, so I
got cot. It's not my fault.

Cinnamon in hiding.

It's good fur them. Â*Cinnamon is not adjusting well at all, however.

Old April 26th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:00:46 -0400, Fred wrote:

Not normally, but the two younguns are home together from their studies
and taking off tree planting next week. They are not unruly, but they
and their friends naturally raise the level of activity in the house.
There is word of a party happening sometime soon. It will calm down
again when they leave. In the mean time Cinnamon is only eating a very
little food as well, but we see a little disappear every so often. The
poor fellow has displayed great hiding ability. During the day, a
concerted effort by all 5 uv us in the house to find him, consistently
fails. Yesterday I was worried that he had gotten out of the house,
but he turned up when he was ready.

Fred

Way Cinnamon on a skale. I haff Anne Norexia and I get wayed a lot.
Then I get forze-feeded.
Cinder

Hoomin note: Don't let Cinnamon get underweight! Kidneys and liver are
effected.

Old April 26th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hope you are spending extra time with him, brushing, petting or just
holding. I am sure he is in shock after being with the others for so long.

Old April 26th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

On Friday 25 April 2008 20:34, John Ross Mc Master wrote:

[...]

I'll do what I can.

--
Peace,
Fred
Old April 27th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=

Default To Heather (kinda long) : A Message From Diana and Ryan

They are both amazing cats, and I consider it a priviledge to have
them vacationing with me.

Heather

Hoomin note
Heather, bless your sweet heart for taking such good care of them.
Hugs, purrs and prayers to a wonderful woman
Kyla-

Thank you for your kind words Kyla. blush Everyone here gets
treated as if they were my own.

Heather

Kyla borrows keyboard from Mosey and gets a glare in return
I know how much you love these kitties, and you have so many, know all their
names, their purrsonalities and love them and brush them and play with
them...wow.
I just thank God for kind people like you. I was reading one of your posts
about when you 'sit down to read'.....
Whenever do you find the time to read? What do you like to read?
in one of your replies, you said 'we', so I hope that means you
have some kind folks helping you
I really wish I had some extra toonas to help you and Unkl Fred with some.
I won't even waste a ''single dollar on a lottery ticket, thinking I can buy
4 cans of cat food instead.
But then I think...what IF i won? I could help SO many people out.
Do you have a website somewhere?
You should really write a book.

Thank you so much for putting up the message from Diana and Ryan, in
Catspeak yet. You are someone I would LOVE to meet and have a cuppa coffee
with and get to know your fuzzy guests G. I'll bring them some catnip too
LOL
You have a wonderful sense of humor too G
I want you to know you're such a blessing to Fred and others. .
You said, in another post : " I now volunteer, and am on the Board of
Directors of Abbey CatAdoptions, which, as I'm sure you can understand,
keeps me very busy.

No kidding. Very impressive, and kind. You are making a difference to the
kitties and the hoomins too.
And a wedwing Awwww...

Cats can really keep ya goin, can't they? We only have 4 of the fuzzies.

You took the time to write Mosey and I this and I'd like to respond.
*offers you more coffee*

Mosey/Kyla, I'd like to let you know that I am an experienced cat

woman (close to 30 years now). I know every single cat in my home,
and am aware when one of them isn't acting normal, and could possibly
be sick. I have knowledge of most of the common feline illnesses, am
an expert at medicating, and have experience in subq'ing should the
need arise. I keep a supply of some medications on hand, so if
someone gets sick, I can start them on the road to recovery right away
instead of waiting till they can see the vet, which as I'm sure you
know. can be very traumatizing for them. I've been with the same vet
for 24 years now, and trust him completely. He has enough confidence
in my knowledge, that I can call him for medications, or simply for
advice.

That is very awesome indeed Heather Do they get kitty toofpaste too?
Mosey had to have 3 fangs taken out a couple of months ago to bad teeth and
my vet said the enzymes in the toofpaste will prevent kidney damage and also
help with the dental hygine thingy. He'd eat the whole tube if I'd let him.
Just curious.

Diana and Ryan will not simply be thrown in with everyone else. They

will have a room to themselves at first, and will be introduced to the
others slowly; properly.

I've been reading the posts and they seem to be doing gudgud

quote Notice your 'nose' when she opens the door. What does the air
smell like?

With 43 cats in the house (or shelter for that matter), it's bound to

smell of cat, although I have had people come to adopt tell me that
they'd never know there were so many here.

I felt like a total dolt for even asking that. Please accept my apologies?
Like I said before, we have 4 and for odor control, I use those car tree
fragrance tree thingys on the doornobs, and they seem to work. G

quote see if it's clean

You may not be able to eat off my floors, or sit down without getting

cat hair on your clothes, but I do what I can to keep my place as
clean as possible. I must admit though that my walls and windows
don't get washed as often as they should. Even those of you who have
only a few cats know that half an hour after you vacuum or sweep
floors, the cat hair has already started to accumulate again.

That is so true.
I don't wash my windows either much because I like to see the little
noseprints on them. I keep all mine/ours indoors.

quote do they have a lot of cat toys, cat furniture

I have a variety of cat furniture in the house. The futon and chair

in the spare bedroom were purchased specifically for the cats. Our
furniture is their furniture! We have a floor to ceiling window in
the living room, and it's not uncommon, especially on a bright sunny
day, to have at least half of them lying somewhere in the living room
taking in the sun. As for cat toys, there are plenty around, some of
them handmade with love by me.

We don't get too much sunshine here near Seattle. But when we do..wheee
It's a well known fact that a cat will soak any sunspot there is.
I do know about your furniture being their furniture G
*rolls eyes* LOL same here...and they have plenty of their 'own' toys. One
of ours, Pookie loves to go around slamming lower cupboard doors, getting
into the unit where the phone books are kept and tries to eat the.
phonebooks...and I have to keep cellophane away from him too. Silly Cat!!
He has the silliest sense of humor of the 4 of them. And they all love
cardboard boxes.

As for cat toys, there are plenty around, some of
them handmade with love by me

And yet you find the time to make cat toys...wow.

quote litterboxes?

Obviously there isn't one litterbox per cat, however, everyone shares

the ones that are here without any problems.. They are cleaned out
twice a day. Some are covered, some uncovered to keep everyone
happy.

Lucky you only have to change them twice a day. I have to scoop mine at
least 4 times a day for 2 boxes or Mosey will 'sometimes' poop outside the
box, if I don't pay enough attention to him.

quote Ask about feeding time

The cats here get wet food twice a day - once in the morning as soon

as I get up, and again at supper time. Crunchies are left down for
those who don't like wet food, as well as for snacking. They do not
eat grocery store food, but instead get to dine on such brands as
Wellness, Innova, California Natural and Eagle Pack. Crunchies are
California Natural. I do not have a plate for each cat, but serve
meals on stainless steel plates, with enough on each plate for them to
eat in shifts/at their leisure.

Wow Mine get wet food twice a day too, either Friskies or Nine Lives and
there are only 2 kinds of wet food they like. And I leave dry food out for
them all the time.
Friskies Indoor and Purina Feline Favorites.

That is their choice. Those who
don't come to meals, get them delivered to them wherever they are. I
am clearly their slave. :-)

Yes, yes you are and I know you love it, or you wouldn't be doing it.
In my heart I think the Cat is God's favorite animal. I can see Him with a
purring cat on His lap. Oh, in case you hadn't heard, The Pope is cat
lover

I want to assure everyone that I fully understand that Fred placing
his "kids" in care. My cats, as well as my fosters receive the same
amount of love and attention.

Bless your heart And I bet they give it right back to you too
I'll bet you get a lot of nosepoinks too...right?

Here's a picture of my sweet but bratty Mosey, who will be 6 on May 1.
http://i26.tinypic.com/x440lt.jpg It's a little out of focus, but so is he
LOL.
He and I write to hoomins on rpca who's kitties have gone to The Bridge or
if they need cheering up. He's my little writin buddy. G

You are in my prayers, you wonderful woman.
Hugs, Purrs,and Bright Blessings to you
Love
Kyla and Mosey

Mosey hure
PRRRRRT?
I sew agree wiff Meowmie, yew iz a wunnerful woman.
Tank yew furry mutch fur beeng sew nise to awl da Catz.
Yew wurk sew hard n dew et wiff such wuv tew.
I tink i kan speek fur awl of dem wen I say we wuv yew n preecate yew.
nosepoink
PUUUUUUUUURS
Wuv
Mosey

Old April 29th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Why thank you Trudi, but I think I've got enough here now.

Anti Heather

On Apr 24, 12:12 pm, Fred wrote:
[...]

Heather- Hide quoted text -