OT - Least Favorite Commercial

Old July 31st 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Least Favorite Commercial

Some commercials I love - there's even a TV special every year that
shows nothing but funny commercials and I always try to catch it. It's
what I think more than a few people look forward to every year for the
Super Bowl - even those who aren't football fans.

Then there are the commercials that I detest. There are even some that
I will change the channel on rather than even listen to it in the
background. There are even a few that caused me to call the company to
complain about. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I really
dislike the "Jello" ads that show a person with a grotesquely large
smile - something not possible for a human to achieve. It really creeps
me out and I'll even glance away from the screen.

It makes me wonder about the ad agency who create something so extremely
horrid!

Are there any commercials that you feel intense dislike for? Any that
will make you change the channel or even write to the company about?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 31st 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
minnow

In article ,
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

I'm not a big TV watcher, but I check out Japanese commercials (some get
left in anime subs too) and well... Tarako. Anything promoting Tarako.
Scary scary Tarako. *shudder*

- minnow
Old July 31st 11, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I just bury myself in my book during commercials and pretty well manage to
ignore them. However, one I find really annoying is the one where the
family is at dinner, the brother is reading the sister's diary, she asks for
feedback when he has finished, her parents give it a rave review, then the
mother asks the husband if she can mow the lawn and he says only if he can
talk to her mothers for hours on end. It makes me want to barf.

BTW, I find that smile creepy and disgusting too.
Joy

Old July 31st 11, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote

Are there any commercials that you feel intense dislike for? Any that
will make you change the channel or even write to the company about?

The commercials pretty much keep me from even watching TV at all anymore.
Seems like 95% of them are for some sort of pharmaceutical drug like
"FloraFlor":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-G8Kmw0c5E

Old July 31st 11, 08:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Are there any commercials that you feel intense dislike for?

My answer would be a whole lot shorter if you'd just asked if there were
any that I *like*. There are a few, and I think they all involve cats.

Any that will make you change the channel

I don't change the channel - that's what the mute button is for. I'm not
like Joy, unfortunately, and I can't tune out noises that irritate me. If
not for the mute button, I would only watch public television. And now I
have Internet streaming on my TV so I can watch TV shows and movies without
interruptions or being forced to listen to stupidity at a loud volume.

Joyce

--
Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
Old July 31st 11, 09:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Some commercials I love - there's even a TV special every year that shows
nothing but funny commercials and I always try to catch it. It's what I
think more than a few people look forward to every year for the Super
Bowl - even those who aren't football fans.

Then there are the commercials that I detest. There are even some that I
will change the channel on rather than even listen to it in the
background.

(snippage)
CatNipped

I just bury myself in my book during commercials and pretty well manage to
ignore them.

(more snippage)

Same here. I tune out commercials when I'm reading. I can tune out people,
too. There was a really annoying guy at work who would sit next to me when
I was on a break and start yakking at me. I don't think he ever noticed I
didn't hear a word he said

Having said that, "pudding face" is a completely stupid commercial. It
certainly doesn't make me want to run out and buy pudding.

Jill

Old July 31st 11, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/31/2011 12:47 AM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

What I hate the most is the lying that people do - making it seem
perfectly normal to lie and hide things from your family, especially
your parents. I really don't expect commercials to be the sole source
of family values, but I really wish they wouldn't extol the opposite!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

A *must-see* TV commercial [email protected] Cat anecdotes 36 October 1st 10 08:13 PM
Cat Commercial Glenn Knickerbocker Cat health & behaviour 2 March 30th 05 12:40 AM
OT Commercial Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 27 September 10th 04 12:46 PM
Cat commercial Susan M Cat anecdotes 12 June 8th 04 09:27 PM
OT (BW): Have you seen this commercial? Karen Cat anecdotes 1 March 12th 04 03:24 PM