help with cancer in kitties

Old June 27th 04, 05:53 PM
AmberBarbara

Default help with cancer in kitties

Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted. I've been off working and studying
to become a HS science teacher through govt grant (just successfully
finiished my stucent teaching in biology - very busy). Hope everyone
is douing well.

I am stepping back into the group looking for some help with a very
ill cat. I have accepted the situation but if I can find a way to
make things better I would love to hear what anyone has to offer.

The deal is my favorite 14 year old cat, Winnie, has serious cancer.
It is eating her left eye. For now she is in decent shape, except for
the eye of course. She is very happy, still eating, purring, getting
around, sitting on my chest a lot...

For years she has had cysts in her ears. Sometime last year the cysts
turned and started growing. About 6 months ago she had tumors remove
from the top of her left eye. But the surgical scar did not heal. I
know this vet very well (before my own cancer I was working with him
to become a vet myself & we share a strong bond deepened through
coping with cancer in both of our individual families. His wife died
from brain cancer a year after I survived my cancer then I watched my
mom die a slow painful death from colon cancer.)

At any rate the vet & I worked on Winnie for several months before my
vet said he could not really help her much cause she was not healing.
I have brought my kitty home to die in her own time in familiar
surroundings. Looks like this will be a slow death (until I see signs
of suffering and choose to end it for her) but she does appear to be
suffering now.

I have been picturing a miraculous recovery, as well as telling my
kitty that if she needs to go it is alright.

I would love to hear about any good herbal techiniques for healing
kitties with cancer &/or cysts.

Thanks in advance,

Barbara