Pirate's back

Old November 2nd 03, 07:20 PM
Christine Burel

Default Pirate's back

Well, yesterday I brought Pirate back home from the vet's; I hesitate to say
"home" because I really wish I could offer him more and I feel badly about
it. I'd spent a couple of hours trying to make him a fairly sheltered box
for him to sleep in on my patio. When I let him out of the carrier, I had a
plate of canned food ready for him and petted him a little and then went
inside. What I did not know what to do about was when Pirate came up to the
sliding glass doors and meowed like "I'd like to come inside, too, please."
Wah! Meanwhile, the inside "masters" were NOT amused that Pirate was back;
oh the tail thrashing. Please keep Pirate in your purrs that I'll be able
to find him a nice place soonest. I'm going to keep checking in with Donnie
every week and see if somehow something good will turn up for him.

On the positive side, though, Tucker was out with the others and us most of
the whole day and he behaved himself so well, little guy, even when Oreo
voiced insults. Tucker has come so very, very far; I'm very proud of him.
Another nice thing is that last week I managed to find slightly damaged $99
cat tree at Petsmart that the manager was willing to let me have for $75! It
really buoyed my spirits to see the crew trying it out. It has little
openings cut into the platforms for access to the different levels and it
was definitely obvious that Midnight needs to lose weight.

Hugs and purrs to all,
Christine

Old November 2nd 03, 09:11 PM
polonca12000

Continued purrs and best wishes for Pirate to find his onetruehome. I'm very
glad you found the cat tree that your kitties love.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Well, yesterday I brought Pirate back home from the vet's; I hesitate to

say
"home" because I really wish I could offer him more and I feel badly about
it. snip Another nice thing is that last week I managed to find

Old November 2nd 03, 09:18 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:20:17 -0700, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

[...]

I am wondering if the masters may be more accepting of him after the
neutering? Perhaps when he heals you could try the recommended
introduction by leaving him in a seperate room and trying the odor
transfer method. This, of couirse, if you cannot find him a loving
home. It seems sad to steal his "aggressiveness" then leave him out
of everything. MLB
Old November 2nd 03, 10:04 PM
Christine Burel

wrote:

[...]

If Pirate weren't also FIV+ I'd think about attempting to integrate him at
some point, however, he is, which means I need to find him a home with
another FIV+ cat. I'm also hoping that by neutering him he'll be much less
inclined to fight and get beat up.
Christine

Old November 2nd 03, 10:05 PM
Christine Burel

wrote:

[...]

I hope Pirate gets a forever home very soon. In the meantime, please
give him lots of loving scritches from me. I am lucky I have an
enclosed porch for when Robin showed up.

CATherine

Thanks, CATherine

Old November 2nd 03, 10:11 PM
Gizela

I hope that Pirate finds an appropriate home soon

Purrs

--
Typed by Angela

Dictated by Gizmo (who is above the menial task of typing)

Old November 2nd 03, 11:53 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

Well, yesterday I brought Pirate back home from the vet's; I hesitate to say
"home" because I really wish I could offer him more and I feel badly about
it. I'd spent a couple of hours trying to make him a fairly sheltered box
for him to sleep in on my patio. When I let him out of the carrier, I had a
plate of canned food ready for him and petted him a little and then went
inside. What I did not know what to do about was when Pirate came up to the
sliding glass doors and meowed like "I'd like to come inside, too, please."
Wah! Meanwhile, the inside "masters" were NOT amused that Pirate was back;
oh the tail thrashing. Please keep Pirate in your purrs that I'll be able
to find him a nice place soonest. I'm going to keep checking in with Donnie
every week and see if somehow something good will turn up for him.

Glad to hear that he's "home", and will keep the gang revved up
purring for a permanent home for him - a onetruehome and family. In
the meantime, purrs coming that the true masters of the house will
decide that it's not really TOO bad to have a Pirate outside keeping
watch.

On the positive side, though, Tucker was out with the others and us most of
the whole day and he behaved himself so well, little guy, even when Oreo
voiced insults. Tucker has come so very, very far; I'm very proud of him.

Glad to hear that Tucker continues with his progress to become a
member fo the pride.

Another nice thing is that last week I managed to find slightly damaged $99
cat tree at Petsmart that the manager was willing to let me have for $75! It
really buoyed my spirits to see the crew trying it out. It has little
openings cut into the platforms for access to the different levels and it
was definitely obvious that Midnight needs to lose weight.

Sounds like a good buy that will be appreciated by all.

PS. Little Bit, who is not longer quite so little, and is in fact on
the plump side, says to tell you that it's not that Midnight needs to
lose weight at all. For some reason the manufacturer must have cut the
openings too small.

--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old November 3rd 03, 03:15 AM
Brenda

[...]

we'll keep purring!
Brenda

Old November 3rd 03, 04:40 AM
Marina

"Christine Burel" wrote
Well, yesterday I brought Pirate back home from the vet's; I hesitate to

say
"home" because I really wish I could offer him more and I feel badly about
it.

You shouldn't feel bad, Christine. You've done so much for him, and you have
quite enough on your plate already with integrating Tucker. We are purring
very hard for Pirate to find his onetruehome soonest.

Good to hear about Tucker's progress, and the lovely cat tree. Poor
Midnight!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 3rd 03, 11:18 AM
Adrian

Christine Burel wrote:
[...]

I hope Pirate finds his onetruehome before winter. Purrs for you for taking
care of him.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.