Victoria's REAL name is Little Bit

Old March 31st 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Victoria's REAL name is Little Bit

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
So yesterday, apparently she told DH her name, because as we were
talking about her food and catbox experiences, he said something like
"And then Little Bit had some..." and I stopped him and he looked
puzzled. We decided it must be her name. She responds to it, too!

I know there's another Little Bit (or was) on r.p.c.a; she doesn't
belong to any of you, does she? (I'd be SHOCKED if there was another
r.p.c.a-er from Yamhill Oregon, I really would!)

Yesterday she was first constipated then had diarrhea, but still
scarfed up all the canned food when it was served. For now, that's
all she's getting until she gets really stable.

She's still very affectionate and polite. Everyone who sees her falls
in love :-)

You are so kind to take her in.
Around where I live, stray cats are not that common. I probably got
the last two except for a old ginger entire tom which my neighbour
Alan(now died) used to feed in his garden. He never took him into
his house, I don't know why, and he was around at the same time I was
feeding KFC in my own garden when I still had my whippets. Sometimes
he used to come to KFC's food, but I chased him off so she could have
it. I felt terrible when Alan said he'd found Ginger dead in his orchard.
I wondered if it was my fault, that I'd chased him off from food.
I hope not.
Alan buried him He was a very old cat but he'd never been neutered
and probably miles away from his onetruehome.

Tweed

Maybe not that old if he'd never been neutered, entire toms have a very
hard life. :-( I'm so glad I got Shadow neutered when I did, he looks and
acts years younger.

Ginger was old, very old. Alan looked at his teeth before he buried him in
his orchard.
It's sad that his hormones must have driven him so far from his home that he
couldn't find his way back. He struggled without a home.
So many boycats wander too far as teenagers if they are not neutered. I
suspect this is what happened to Boyfriend. He obviously had a good home as
he had a very posh collar. Pity they didn't think about getting him the
snip. Now they will never know what happened to him. He is one of the
lucky ones as he snoozes on his donut bed beside me now without that
testosterone raging though his body.
Kudos to you for getting Shadow neutered. It is a kindness.
Unneutered toms have an awful life, they fight and get abscesses and
continually wander from home in search of girls.
My mother's neighbour got her cat run over a mile away because she hadn't
bothered to neuter him. She soon took his brother for the snip when she saw
he'd been crushed by a lorry.

Tweed